Will i be allowed in the prem ??

I'm sure I've seen an SI post before saying they don't think it's fair to spoil gamer's enjoyment by having teams excluded from promotion for stadia issues, so that's not coded into the game. Also, I'm sure there's not actually a lower-end capacity limit for the Premiership IRL. Could be wrong there of course...

Generally though, you'll find your team will upgrade anyway once you're in the Prem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cliff7197:

I'm sure I've seen an SI post before saying they don't think it's fair to spoil gamer's enjoyment by having teams excluded from promotion for stadia issues, so that's not coded into the game. Also, I'm sure there's not actually a lower-end capacity limit for the Premiership IRL. Could be wrong there of course...

Generally though, you'll find your team will upgrade anyway once you're in the Prem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They used to apply the rules in Scotland back in CM01/02 (or maybe 00/01), but instead of spoiling your enjoyment by not accepting you the board would just expand the stadium immediately, even if they couldn't afford it. I remember at Ayr United the board expanded to a fantastic 18,000 all seater stadium which was very snazzy, but rather over the top since we didn't average more than ~8000 and 10000 was the minimum for the SPL. That put us something like £6 million in debt which we were never going to clear. Of course if they did that nowadays it would at least be in the form of a loan to be repaid over lots of years though rather than just a massive dent in your bank balance!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nobby_McDonald:

The stadia rule needs to be reintroduced to the game. It exists in real life so it should in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, but in real life it usually just ends up with clubs groundsharing, and the building of a new stadium or expansion is usually only done once the club is relatively established in the new league... which would have to be addressed properly, given the financial ramifications should a shiny new stadium be built only for the club to plummet down the leagues and be left with lots of debt.

As far as i know , grounds have to be up to a certain standard for the top two english divisions (i think there is a couple of years grace though). Just like there are standards for entering the league at all. Wasn't it macclesfield who were denied entry to the league for having a sh*t stadium 7 or 8 years ago?

I was disappointed my accrington side were allowed into the prem with a 7000 capacity stadium.

I agree stadium rules should be applied, with groundshares if need be and all that pezzaz too. Now that the finance system incorporates loans to be repaid over a long period it makes far more sense to expand the stadium or build a new one too.

I took Whitley Bay to the Premiership in FM06 with a 4500 capacity stadium, over half standing, which would quite likely have seen us denied entry to League 2 from the Conference, nevermind sauntering into the Premiership with an illegal stadium!

Current stadium rules (simplified) in England.

Premier League - 15,000 all seated (and I think also require undersoil heating).

Championship - All seated but newly promoted clubs have three years to get their stadium up to the standard.

Football League - Minimum of 4000 capacity and 1000 seats.

Conference (Premier) - As Football League but with a period of grace of I think 2 years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nobby_McDonald:

What was that in English? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"You'll definitely be allowed in, friend. The game has no way of refusing it, I proclaim! Now I will laugh aloud to myself."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Internet:

"You'll definitely be allowed in, friend. The game has no way of refusing it, I proclaim! Now I will laugh aloud to myself." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cliff7197:

Generally though, you'll find your team will upgrade anyway once you're in the Prem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They used to apply the rules in Scotland back in CM01/02 (or maybe 00/01), but instead of spoiling your enjoyment by not accepting you the board would just expand the stadium immediately, even if they couldn't afford it. I remember at Ayr United the board expanded to a fantastic 18,000 all seater stadium which was very snazzy, but rather over the top since we didn't average more than ~8000 and 10000 was the minimum for the SPL. That put us something like £6 million in debt which we were never going to clear. Of course if they did that nowadays it would at least be in the form of a loan to be repaid over lots of years though rather than just a massive dent in your bank balance! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm sure i remember not getting promotion from conference league because my ground wasn't up tot he safety standards but that was ages ago in the series.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Internet:

"You'll definitely be allowed in, friend. The game has no way of refusing it, I proclaim! Now I will laugh aloud to myself." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

SI has it's very own translator site disguised as a board user. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

They used to apply the rules in Scotland back in CM01/02 (or maybe 00/01), but instead of spoiling your enjoyment by not accepting you the board would just expand the stadium immediately, even if they couldn't afford it. I remember at Ayr United the board expanded to a fantastic 18,000 all seater stadium which was very snazzy, but rather over the top since we didn't average more than ~8000 and 10000 was the minimum for the SPL. That put us something like £6 million in debt which we were never going to clear. Of course if they did that nowadays it would at least be in the form of a loan to be repaid over lots of years though rather than just a massive dent in your bank balance! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, it happened to me when I promoted with Partick Thistle in CM01/02. Stadium needed improvement, costs were a whopping 20 million euro. Put me in a 17 million euro debt. Did pay it off, by using a clever transferpolicy and still finishing top 6 every season. Took me 2,5-3 years. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patje.lol:

Yep, it happened to me when I promoted with Partick Thistle in CM01/02. Stadium needed improvement, costs were a whopping 20 million euro. Put me in a 17 million euro debt. Did pay it off, by using a clever transferpolicy and still finishing top 6 every season. Took me 2,5-3 years. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I forgot to say that it was one of the most fun games I had in CM/FM. Out of nowhere you get a new goal to achieve. icon_biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

The stadia rule needs to be reintroduced to the game. It exists in real life so it should in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree icon14.gif

There's reasons for and against it I suppose. It's realistic yes, but it's rather unrealistic for say, Vauxhall Motors to ever reach the Prem. And for them to HAVE to build a 15,000 all seater (thus probably pushing them into large amounts of debt) or not allowing them promotion would be a tad unfair.

It's a balancing act I suppose. To allow for the un-realism of taking a conference side to the Prem they need to take the stadium laws into account.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alwo:

There's reasons for and against it I suppose. It's realistic yes, but it's rather unrealistic for say, Vauxhall Motors to ever reach the Prem. And for them to HAVE to build a 15,000 all seater (thus probably pushing them into large amounts of debt) or not allowing them promotion would be a tad unfair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfair maybe, but realistic certainly, which is what Football Manager prides itself on. This is one area where it is lacking.

You should not have any problem.

I took Bath from Blue Sqaure South to Premiership with a capacity of 8800, only 2600 seated.

Because of the £30m TV money, board had no problem making it an all seater.

After 4 years they even built a new stadium.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fishbone:

In game there is no rule, I have Vauxhall Motors in the Prem with 4000 seats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Massive team coach, but what about your stadium? icon_wink.gif

I always remember back in CM94/95 when I took Bradford to the Prem. I had £2million in the bank and the board decided to spend £35million doing up the stadium. The recievers were instantly called in and I couldnt refuse any offers for players. Luckly I only lost a few players, though cant remember if I escaped relegation i've killed those brain cells I stored it in with beer unfort. sorry guys lol!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fishbone:

In game there is no rule, I have Vauxhall Motors in the Prem with 4000 seats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i used to play for their under 16's and the stadium there has no seats in reality (as far as i remember) lol, i presume you got an expansion?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Max999:

IRL there is no ban on the minimum capactiy but you must have an all-seater stadium as of 1994-1995 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes there is.

In real life your ground must hold 15,000 (all-seater of course) for you to be granted entry into the Premier League.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived