FM10: Most Overrated/Underrated players

Who do you think the most Overrated and Underrated players are within FM10? (Opinion)

I'm aware there will be attribute changes in 10.3 but I'll just go ahead and make this thread anyway. :o

I'll kick off then with a few:

Overrated

Tevez, Gomes, Robbie Keane, Nicklas Bendtner, Anderson, Maxi Rodriguez, Peter Crouch

Underrated

Luis Fabiano, Gokhan Inler, Abou Diaby, Darren Bent

Agree or Disagree with others posts your views.

Btw I'm not aware if there is one of these threads, I searched but got no results so don't flame me if there is.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who do you think the most Overrated and Underrated players are within FM10? (Opinion)

I'm aware there will be attribute changes in 10.3 but I'll just go ahead and make this thread anyway. :o

I'll kick off then with a few:

Overrated

Tevez, Gomes, Robbie Keane, Nicklas Bendtner, Anderson, Maxi Rodriguez, Peter Crouch

Underrated

Luis Fabiano, Gokhan Inler, Abou Diaby, Darren Bent

Agree or Disagree with others posts your views.

Btw I'm not aware if there is one of these threads, I searched but got no results so don't flame me if there is.

<snip>

Spurs hating dickhead

Unless you have an opinion which can be beneficial to this thread such as why they arent overrated may I suggest you go back to school and learn social studies, seeing as you clearly lack any social ability to hold a conversation let alone an opionated discussion.

Maybe one day you will get a job and make a contribution to society that will be welcomed, but until that day may I suggest that if all you can do is come on an internet forum and insult people you seek help for your craving for love and attention elsewhere.

It's an opinion. I'm sure your own opinion thinks he's a dickhead. Good for us, we're not interested in those kinds of opinions.

Please stop posting, or this thread will be closed.

I was just pointing out some obvious rose tinted glasses. We don't need to bring out the thread police!

Unless you have an opinion which can be beneficial to this thread such as why they arent overrated may I suggest you go back to school and learn social studies, seeing as you clearly lack any social ability to hold a conversation let alone an opionated discussion.

Maybe one day you will get a job and make a contribution to society that will be welcomed, but until that day may I suggest that if all you can do is come on an internet forum and insult people you seek help for your craving for love and attention elsewhere.

Maybe my choice of word was poor, but what's with the generalisations?

Don't agree with Lampard being overrated. Why do you think that?

I’ve always thought he’s overrated, and it’s reflected in the game (for me anyways). In one of my previous saves, he was Chelsea’s top scorer until he retired, and he assisted nearly as much as he scored. But I do admit I am biased against him (being a West Ham supporter). :rolleyes:

I’ve always thought he’s overrated, and it’s reflected in the game (for me anyways). In one of my previous saves, he was Chelsea’s top scorer until he retired, and he assisted nearly as much as he scored. But I do admit I am biased against him (being a West Ham supporter). :rolleyes:

I always viewed him as much more the heart of the Chelsea team than Drogba is, though Drogba gets all the "credit".

That reminds me:

Overrated

Drogba

Underrated

Valon Behrami, Boa Morte, James Tomkins, Junior Stanislas, Frank Nouble, Jack Collison

Overrated

Scott Parker, Keiron Dyer

I was just about to rant at you, but I see you’ve done the list backwards :rolleyes:

I agree with your underrated players list, but I think Scot Parker is spot on in game. He’s as consistent as any other DM, and is the cornerstone of West Ham’s midfield. Keiron Dyer should go retire, please :)

I don't know if they're overrated exactly, but Roman Bednar, the Milijas chap from Wolves and Benitez from Birmingham always seem to play like Gods against me. And I'm sure that can't be the case in RL.

Benitez is definitely overrated. Can't really comment on Bednar.

Dzeko overrated anyone? I mean the guy was brilliant irl last season but has failed to reproduce that sort of form this season and i laughed when i saw his first touch attribute on fm because from what i've seen of him this season his first touch has been one of his greatest weaknesses, he'll often miss a good chance with a poor first touch or first time shot.

Dzeko overrated anyone? I mean the guy was brilliant irl last season but has failed to reproduce that sort of form this season and i laughed when i saw his first touch attribute on fm because from what i've seen of him this season his first touch has been one of his greatest weaknesses, he'll often miss a good chance with a poor first touch or first time shot.

Would you not agree that his stats are fairly accurate for when the game was made though?

Would you not agree that his stats are fairly accurate for when the game was made though?

No. I mean he was good and needed to be improved from 09 but he's too good, he is a god-like striker on the game and if he was that good irl Milan would be willing to fork out the 40m price tag on his head but he's not worth that.

No. I mean he was good and needed to be improved from 09 but he's too good, he is a god-like striker on the game and if he was that good irl Milan would be willing to fork out the 40m price tag on his head but he's not worth that.

Fair enough, that's your opinion. I think he might be a tiny tiny bit over rated but very close to being spot on.

I also think Gary Caldwell is over rated

I know that France as a nation has won quite alot..they won the world cup and euro`s didnt they...but our they`re players really that good?

I mean Sakho is an absolute beast on the game and yet i have never heard his name mentioned irl.Gourcuff...man i love buying this guy,but again his name is never mentioned.And if you say well `its the french league`...well we know and hear about italians and spanish players in the press.

So my vote for `Most overrated players` are..the entire French League.

Overrated

Christian Benitez, Nani, Ryan Babel, Dirk Kuyt, Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Martin Skrtel, and that greek guy from liverpool :p.

Underrated

Thomas Vermaelen, Frank Nouble, Younes Kaboul, Andrey Arshavin.

lol biased much? Benitez i'll agree with but nani and babel aren't that good in the game, pretty accurate if you ask me. Kuyt has been the heart of Liverpool this season when most other players are playing poorly. Skrtel, Carra and Kyriagos are all pretty spot on as well none of them are brilliant. And Gerrard, what can i say play him right and he's a god just like real life.

Vermaelen and Arshavin are both underrated though, thats true they are amazing talents and its not really reflected in the game.

lol biased much? Benitez i'll agree with but nani and babel aren't that good in the game, pretty accurate if you ask me. Kuyt has been the heart of Liverpool this season when most other players are playing poorly. Skrtel, Carra and Kyriagos are all pretty spot on as well none of them are brilliant. And Gerrard, what can i say play him right and he's a god just like real life.

Vermaelen and Arshavin are both underrated though, thats true they are amazing talents and its not really reflected in the game.

Fair enough, I guess I just don't like Liverpool that much :p. Though I think Carragher is declining a bit, and he was much better last season IRL. Gerrard hasn't been as good as last season either, but I think that's because of his injuries. If every player had a 'Diving' stat his would go up though ;).

Fair enough, I guess I just don't like Liverpool that much :p. Though I think Carragher is declining a bit, and he was much better last season IRL. Gerrard hasn't been as good as last season either, but I think that's because of his injuries. If every player had a 'Diving' stat his would go up though ;).

Carragher's only good for a first team spot for the first season on fm 10 anyway, after that you have to replace him. I think Gerrard isn't as good because the system rafa is using only gets good results out of gerrard when torres is playing because he gets more space, rafa needs to play him either deeper or wider.

I can admit Gerrard has dived a number of times but if there was a diving stat there would be several players with high diving stats in the epl, like rooney, drogba, fabregas, god knows i've seen anderson do it and riera.

Archived