Real Madrid's TV Revenue

R1tz

Well here it goes....I'm currently playing fm 2010 with a mate, I'm Barcelona while he's Real Madrid. I won the league, champions league and spanish cup with Barca (aswell as spanish super cup, Euro super cup and club world championship) and what baffles me is that Real Madrid receive £141million of TV revenue in the second season while I only received £27M. Astonishing as my 'rival' now has £150m transfer budget for wining nothing yet i only have £56m!...

So my question is.....does Real Madrid receive this amount of money every year???? if so in a few years they'll have billions to spend. And secondly is there a way for Barcelona or any other Giant to negotiate such tv revenue??

I'm stuck investing in cheap youth + 1 or 2 Good signings even though im way more succesfull while my mate has the luxury of being able to afford the best players in the world, every season! Hardly fair right? :D

So if anyone has any insight on this it would be nice to know.

(Btw if there's already been a thread on this topic I apologize, please refrain from abuse) :p

Cheers.

So will Barcelona be able to negotiate a TV deal like this in 5 or 6 seasons time? or is it hardcoded in fm that real madrid and only real madrid will receive this ridiculous amount of money every year till the end?

Lol, i know i appreciate this, I mean im winning everything at the moment without spending a penny, its just the banter between two mates, if he gets a billion to spend in several seasons time and buys ALL the best players in the world, thats just gonna leave me frustrated especially since I have been way more successful, so does anyone know if Real Madrid get this sum every year till the end of time? and if so can anyone else achieve this amount? i.e. Barcelona win everything for next 5 years, will they be able to negotiate a similar tv deal?

Lol, i know i appreciate this, I mean im winning everything at the moment without spending a penny, its just the banter between two mates, if he gets a billion to spend in several seasons time and buys ALL the best players in the world, thats just gonna leave me frustrated especially since I have been way more successful, so does anyone know if Real Madrid get this sum every year till the end of time? and if so can anyone else achieve this amount? i.e. Barcelona win everything for next 5 years, will they be able to negotiate a similar tv deal?

It wont be renewed after those 4/5 years. At least not for those values. In my game in 2014/2015 Real's new deal is like 5 times lower. (at least in my game. :p)

in my career game I took control of betis. after a few seasons we started winning la liga consecutively. 4 times at the moment. we still get 30 million a year in TV money and have most of our games on TV. Barca and Real still get the huge money. Looking on FMSX10 or w.e. they both have contracts that last 5-6 years. Barcas' is about half of Reals' too. I'm about 3 years away from (hopefully) negotiating my own contract!!

guess you'll just have to wait it out!

Real Madrid signed an exclusive contract with a ppv channel that guarantees them a set amount of money every year. Barcelona have a smaller contract signed with a number of other clubs and this is to ensure that their games are screened live within Catalonia where the club is based. this does mean that they receive less money than Real Madrid but it does guarantee them more fans who will be able to follow their games on a weekly basis. As for the own channel, Barcelona also have one called Barça tv but both that channel and Real Madrid tv generate very little money and in fact are a money loss however as they are also ppv channels they are guaranteed a set number of subscribers who they will try to turn into buyers of merchandise.

• 2 months later...

Yeah i'm interesting in how TV revenue works for Spanish clubs in FM, i'd love someone from Si to maybe explain this?

I actually work in this business (I've worked with both Real M and Barca in real life) sorry i'm not trying to brag here - basically you've got it pretty much right - they negotiate their own TV deals with broadcasters all over the world, these typically last between 3 to 5 years but are all staggered over time i.e. their deal in Spain with Canal+ or whoever will be on a different schedule to their deal with Sky Sports in the UK - irl there is not one date when revenue levels will be decided, it is a gradual process where by as clubs have more success, get higher profiles and more supporters each broadcast deal that is renegotiated will reflect this. So Barca's a currently increasing as they get renewed where as a club who consistently underachieves would start getting smaller deals.

What id love to know is, in FM as you build the stature of say a smaller club to start winning things in Spain, will the TV revenue increase in line with reputation? This is essentially what happens IRL but having not taken a small Spanish club to huge success (yet) I'm not sure what happens??

Anybody has experience with his? SI??

Archived