FM2009 keeps resetting

Ok, so i made myself, and had a litle play around with some players, and when i edit the player and set some stats to 20, i go in game and they reset to 14?? can anyone advise, i changed my acc / pace to 20, and crossing / flair, i have messed about with the player age between 20 and 28, ive changed the CA and PA to 200/200 and 190/200 and whatever i do, the stats i wanted to improve default to 14 when i load the game

any advise?

cheers

it cant be right, there are 15 stats in Technical Attributes, 16 stats in Mental Attributes, 9 in Physical Attributes, so 40 stats in total, if over 200 in total doesnt work, no player could have more than 5 out of 20 to every stat, so everyone with crossing 5, pace 5, acceleration 5 etc if that is the case

Berbatovs stats added together equal 554 and none of those are toned down

What Vic said earlier is right, you've set an 'incompatible' CA/PA combination with the stats basically (especially high ones are always troublesome, the highest player PA in the game is 195 IIRC).

In other words, the game detects the CA and PA ratings you set and thinks that your player's stats are too high/low to be at that level of player, so FM lowers/raises the player's stats accordingly to the talent level the game thinks he should be at based on his CA and PA values (at least that's the way I understand it :)).

I see your point about the total number of stats, but the method of calculation seems to be alot more complex that just adding up the stats, for example I'm sure I read once that certain stats have more of a relation to CA than others, for example a high CA could be more likely to raise a player's physical stats than his technical ones.

I don't know the maths for it, but there's been posts about it in the past delving more deeper into the science and theories behind it, I always refer to it as stat/CA 'balancing'.

Archived