is Messi really worth it?

I have to disagree with you Tomer tbh because it is difficult to get cheap deals for players and Messi is the best in the world

I never said it was easy to get cheap deals, but seriously, for the money you could get for SWP and De Jong, plus 88M you could get 3 very good players. I'm not one for big signings though, bought one player for 40M on my Inter save and regretted it massively.

depends...what age is messi now? how much is ndj and swp worth? what are his wages and add ons like and how much was the signing on fee? im guessing adding the cost of swp and ndj pluss the 88 m plus signing on fee of maybe 5 -8 mil id say the whole transfer cost you about 130 mil? i wouldnt see that as a fantastic deal but for messi it would be so-so in my opinion...there could be 3 or 4 good players you could have bought for that money but each to their own buddy. :)

I would be delighted if I could see that.

The best bargain I've had on fm10 is Rodwell for £13.5 million in 2018 for Arsenal

if you have the correct tactics and are astute in the transfer market then you don't particularly need to spend completely huge to win the league. I've only paid £30m+ for 2 players on FM10 and they were exceptional circumstances. Fernando Torres and a great Regen that came through from Boca Juniors. And I'd already won 8 Trophies in 3 years as Aston Villa manager, including the Champions League and 2 Premier Leagues.

if you have the correct tactics and are astute in the transfer market then you don't particularly need to spend completely huge to win the league. I've only paid £30m+ for 2 players on FM10 and they were exceptional circumstances. Fernando Torres and a great Regen that came through from Boca Juniors. And I'd already won 8 Trophies in 3 years as Aston Villa manager, including the Champions League and 2 Premier Leagues.

Obviously, Torres would be much older if he was worth that little.

Honestly..... no.

I signed him for city and he is a good player but sometimes he cant handle the pressure and pace of the premier league. Hes not consistent. Ronaldo is much better.

An intriging discovery. I'm surprised he can't handle pressure as he consistly performs well for the best team on the world on the biggest stages.

Those players aren't even bargains. I could get van der Vaart for only £6 million in the first year.

I didn't say they were bargains. I said I never spend over £30 million on a player (which I broke by £500,000 :()

VDV was transfer listed for 8.5. Wanted to pay less for him but somebody else came in for him so I offered full price. He is a legend from 08 and 09 so didn't want to miss out on him.

Obviously, Torres would be much older if he was worth that little.

Torres was 28, so just hitting his peak.

Liverpool were languishing in mid table and I'd spent 2 years praising him until I was on his favoured personnel, that and I'm fairly certain liverpools finances were fairly precarious

So, back on to the topic. As i stated, Messi is worth that if he's interested....

Torres was 28, so just hitting his peak.

Liverpool were languishing in mid table and I'd spent 2 years praising him until I was on his favoured personnel, that and I'm fairly certain liverpools finances were fairly precarious

Well then, I have to congratulate you for your efforts. :)

What season are you in? City only (well, it ain't billions anyway... lol) start with aprox. £180million in the bank, so I'm guessing Mubarak puts loads more cash in? (not finished a season yet in my game)

I don't believe any one player is worth that sort of money personally, no matter their talent. What happens if Messi gets injured on his debut? You've wasted most of your transfer budget; it's a potentially huge gamble and one I'm always reluctant to take when playing. £33million is the most I've ever spent in one go IIRC (that was on Ibrahimovic in FM06). Plus you're losing 2 quality players in De Jong and SWP.

But ultimately it all depends on whether you've got enough cash to spare if something goes wrong with Messi and you've got players better than SWP and De Jong already, as there's no doubt Messi is a talent worth having.

Lionel Messi is the greatest player in the world. Unfortunately, I think it's somewhat blasphemous to take him from Barca, but it's your game and I say go for it. It's Messi. Better than Kaka, better than Ronaldo.

It'd also be a good slap in the face to Kaka if you could land him. Imagine Messi, Tevez, Robinho, Barry...

Who are you gonna put in defense?

Archived