iPhone/iPod Touch Petition

If we as customers need to show how much a Iphone version needed then something is seriously backwards.

Do I have the PSP Version and Mac Version... yes... would I buy an Iphone version... yes...

SI need to realise the market... not have the market realise SI.

John.

They've never said that their never going to make a version for the iphone

They have said that atm all their concentrating on is the PC and PSP versions, going on about it all the time won't change their mind

:mad:

Most of the people who are asking for them to make it already buy the psp version so are you gonna stop buying that version? and are they going to be making more or less more if they do make it

:D

Most of the people who are asking for them to make it already buy the psp version so are you gonna stop buying that version? and are they going to be making more or less more if they do make it

:D

1. "Are psp owners going to stop buying that version ?" erm prob not no.

2. "Are they going to be making more or less more if they do make it ?" I assume you mean SI here with all the horrible "they" and I assume by saying making more your referring to revenue, again unclear, this is why I said Si need to look at the market...

I already said I bought PSP, and Mac Version and that I would indeed buy a Iphone version.

im saying that this forum isnt the place to tell SI what platforms to develop..... They should tell us!

Ive been in Games development for 20+ years.... how anyone wouldnt see the the Iphone as a winner or develop some cross platform application.. well is beyond me.

John.

Yes I have played FM on the PSP. It was atrocious. I guess my main issue with it is that they spend time on this nonsense when they could dedicate more time/people to the proper game.

What am I doing here? Last time I checked its still part of the SI community so figured I'd be welcome to add my comments, whether you like them or not.

• SI Staff
Yes I have played FM on the PSP. It was atrocious. I guess my main issue with it is that they spend time on this nonsense when they could dedicate more time/people to the proper game.

What am I doing here? Last time I checked its still part of the SI community so figured I'd be welcome to add my comments, whether you like them or not.

You're more than welcome to add comments anywhere on the forums, however please try and be constructive as much as possible.

I realise from your comments that you prefer the FM PC game over the PSP version, thats fine and we understand and accept that as your preference -a lot of people like the full indepth nature of the PC version; however please bear in mind that the PSP game ISNT meant to be the PC version and a fair few people enjoy the faster gameplay experience it provides.

(just because its not your 'thing' it doesn't mean it someone elses viewpoint on it is wrong, any more than yours is incorrect for 'you')

If you have suggestions you think could improve it then please by all means post them here or email them to me at marc.vaughan[AT]sigames.com, however do bear in mind that it isn't planned to make it into the PC product as I don't think that style of gameplay suits a handheld console.

You're more than welcome to add comments anywhere on the forums, however please try and be constructive as much as possible.

I realise from your comments that you prefer the FM PC game over the PSP version, thats fine and we understand and accept that as your preference -a lot of people like the full indepth nature of the PC version; however please bear in mind that the PSP game ISNT meant to be the PC version and a fair few people enjoy the faster gameplay experience it provides.

(just because its not your 'thing' it doesn't mean it someone elses viewpoint on it is wrong, any more than yours is incorrect for 'you')

If you have suggestions you think could improve it then please by all means post them here or email them to me at marc.vaughan[AT]sigames.com, however do bear in mind that it isn't planned to make it into the PC product as I don't think that style of gameplay suits a handheld console.

Ok point taken. I could have articulated myself better, but my main point stands, that being, I would rather that you dedicate all of SI's resources on your core product, the PC/MAC version. My personal opinion is that this FMlite version, cheapens your brand and anyone who has their first FM impression through handheld may not get the correct impression of the most amazing games series ever. Just my opinion. I'll go back to the other forums now and play nicely ;)

If it wasn't any good then would this forum or any other forum be active?

I doubt that which means that people do like the game.

My comments are purely my opinion, that is all. As I said, I believe they should focus on the proper version, however I realise that the PSP version is a handy revenue stream for SI, so I'm sure they will continue to make it, and you never know if it makes them enough money I and the legions of PC/Mac users will benefit.

I'd hardly call this the most active forum on here though so thats not much of a defence.

I understand it is opinion and all, I also know that this isn't the biggest forum but my FMH website averages 130 posts per day with over 200 members in a month so it isn't small and there are players which like this version as some (like myself) prefer quick seasons with less but accurate detail.

• SI Staff
My comments are purely my opinion, that is all. As I said, I believe they should focus on the proper version, however I realise that the PSP version is a handy revenue stream for SI, so I'm sure they will continue to make it, and you never know if it makes them enough money I and the legions of PC/Mac users will benefit.

The PC game has already benefitted a fair bit from the PSP game in a myriad of ways including:

* Cross polination of ideas (ie. they move between the various products in the game)

* Quite a few of the staff working on the FM PC/Mac products started out as members of the FMH PSP team and cut their teeth on game design working on that product (Martin, Glenn, etc.).

* It allows us to try out some of the more 'experimental' things which we might be wary of implementing in FM PC (for instance in FMH already some 'rules' can change mid-game and transfer windows be removed which changes the way the game plays quite a lot, in the future its possible we might take this further and allow small actual divisional rule changes - ie. number of teams promoted/relegated etc.). By putting this sort of thing into FMH we can get a 'feel' for whether it might eventually be something which people would accept in the larger PC game.

* It keeps me busy and away from upping Bobby Zamora's Ability in the master dataabase to what it 'should' be ;)

But to re-emphasise what I've indicated before FMH is NOT meant to be the same game as FM PC, while it shares a certain amount of heritage its a more dynamic and faster moving gameplay experience more akin to our earlier management games. Some people prefer that, some don't and many like them both (including me :D).

I'd hardly call this the most active forum on here though so thats not much of a defence.

I'm actually really pleased that we have a pretty good forum here (and on some of the non-SI FMH forums); considering the game is played on a device not suited to posting on internet forums (unlike FM PC/Mac) thats pretty cool really.

iPhone simply isnt powerful enough for the game.

Dont waste your time on this petition.

Discussion Closed

I disagree. The iphone is more than powerful enough for a version of the game. It will need to be created specifically for the iphone though :)

• Administrators

JD1866 - I don't think FM on the App store would hit quite the same problems, to be fair.

I would like to think it is coming to the iPhone/iPad but for SI it will mean having another dedicated team to develop for it.

If SI did decide that, then they have to decide whether to go down the route of porting FMH with a bit of UI redesign for the iPhone/iPad, or create something different and innovative. And even then, whether to go for an iPhone version which would be playable on the iPad, or exclusively iPad.

I think what would be best would be a CM9798 style UI (would work well on iPhone in particular) with the ME used for FMH.

There are lots of things to consider and SI do think about other formats (as said before) and there's been no definitive 'no, never' on FM for the iPhone or iPad so the petition does have merits. It would be a while (if ever) should FM come to our iPhones and iPads. People need to stop being hostile IMO over FM for the iPhone and (as I've seen on FM for the 360 and those wanting it on PS3 as well). If SI think its worth it, they'll do it. They haven't yet, which means that, as currently, they don't have the resources to do it or don't see it as a viable product.

• SI Staff

I'm not going to get involved in the main debate (although I am following it with interest) .....

BUT just to give an impartial viewpoint on the hardware front, the iPhone/iTouch devices hold up very well on this front - they have more RAM (64Mb+ compare to 32Mb+ on the PSP) and more storage space (8Gb+ and very fast access) than a PSP does. The processor itself varies considerably on the iTouch/iPhone but is very able I believe in comparison to the main PSP processor (especially the 3gs phones which are allegedly uber fast - not that I can afford one myself :(;) ).

• 2 weeks later...

I love FMH as its a throwback to the old days when i could whizz through an entire season (or 3!) in an evening... The PC version has too much detail in it for my poor brain to cope with now.

I think an iphone version with a decent interface would work a treat, i suppose the main reason it hasn't been done yet is how much they could charge for the game (6.99 max i guess?) compared to the psp version (29.99), how many sales this would take away from the two existing versions, and the fact that they'd need another dev team who know objective c

• 2 weeks later...

I love FM Handheld and prefer it to the PC/Mac version for ease of picking up a game, portability, and the core FM experience in a shorter period of time, i.e. quicker seasons.

I'd also like to see a iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad version, but am quite happy with the PSP version, especially this year since I can purchase it on the US Playstation store and don't need a physical disc, or need to have it shipped from England.

As to my point, there's all kinds of FM fans, so don't assume they all share your preference.

Archived