Can I edit out the transfer ban?

I just realized in 10.2 that Chelsea gets a year-long ban starting from Feb 2 2010.

I know you can change the text in a file to take the ban out, but this won't affect the current game. If I were to use the editor to remove this, would it take affect in my current save?

Its in preferences, there's a tick box. This has been noted many times on here, try the search function next time. :)

LOL. Try reading the original post next time.

I don't believe it's possible to remove the transfer ban from an existing save in which it is implemented.

Its in preferences, there's a tick box. This has been noted many times on here, try the search function next time. :)

I apologize if I'm mistaken, but doesn't this only affect games that are being created? "transfer_embargo" is greyed out, I'm unable to tick/untick it.

Damn..so I'm out of luck, I thought since the ban was lifted IRL I wouldn't have any problems in the game, forgot that 10.2 was implemented before the decision though. I think it's kinda funny how Chelsea did not actually experience one day of a ban IRL, yet in both my first save (10.1) and now my second save (10.2), I'm going to have to endure a yearlong ban. Game needs to be more flexible in my opinion, but oh well...thanks guys.

Think of it as an extra challenge ;)

On the flipside, if the data is done correctly, Chelsea will have no transfer ban and no debt in 10.3.

Indeed, although I don't really play Chelsea for the challenge, anyone can lead a team like them to success haha..scouting/signing youths and having them rise through the ranks is the real fun for me, so the ban kinda takes away from my fun a bit. I was going to wait until 10.3 to create the new save, but couldn't wait that long...the small database in my original game was starting to wear on me, felt isolated and there were no good regens appearing :(

Archived