The future of my updates - which FM(s)?

Which FM do you most want me to update?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which FM do you most want me to update?

• FM 2007
    • FM 2008
    • FM 2010

Anyone who's ever read my FM07 Update Thread (which can be found here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3502281#post3502281) will know that I'm currently using the FM10 db to update FM07 and FM08.

However, this is a very time consuming task and recently I've gone back to playing FM10 and have been enjoying it.

So I have a slight quandry as to which games I should concentrate my efforts on editing?

I've had a look at the FM10 editor and it's something I'd definitely consider doing, though more around FM11 release time (as there's more than enough quality FM10 updates already out at this current time, but may be less for FM10 by November-time).

The other options of course are to carry on editing FM07 and FM08, or to drop one of the two games to just concentrate all my efforts on just one, which I'd thought of doing recently with FM07, as it seems to be the most popular.

So I've designed another poll so that you can please have your say on which FM you'd most like me to update, whether it be to continue with FM07, FM08 or FM10. The most popular update(s) I may ultimately end up choosing, they'll certainly help me gauge the popular opinion of FM fans out there, which is the aim of this.

Feel free to comment and give your reasons for your choice too if you want.

Hehe, thanks. :D

Why do you prefer FM2006 though? I loved it too at the time admittedly and indeed I started my FM editing with '06; did a fair amount on it but I swapped to other games in the series later on (I always think of FM07 as being FM06 with extra features basically :)).

I loved how you could set massive transfer budgets in the 06 editor and the game would just accept them though, something sadly lacking in future versions. :D

The main issue that stopped me editing for it at the time though was the game putting too much emphasis on 'balancing' out a player's stats parallel with what his CA was, it creating annoying instances like Elano with 20's everywhere, even though his CA was about 160-odd and his PA was 178 IIRC.

Shame, as it was the first FM game that I played religiously. :D

Cheers for the votes so far folks, I forgot to mention that the poll will be open for 7 days, closes at 5pm next Thursday.

Me doing an update for FM10 when FM11 is released seems to be the favourite so far, with FM08 in 2nd place, although just looking at the 'Fave CM/FM' thread (where FM07 seems to be king :)), that could still change.

Along with this poll, I've also been using the 'Best CM/FM Ever' thread as a great widescale survey of everyone's opinions on their fave FM.

So, as I've also just mentioned in my FM07 Update Thread, it looks like FM07 and FM10 are the majority favourites amongst fans on here so far, so it's currently most likely that they will be the ones that I'll decide on continuing updates for.

I aim to get an FM10 update out for around FM11's release and an update for my chosen older FM version update will hopefully be released around this time next month.

You have to consider that most of the "FM2010" voters will move onto FM2011 later anyway.

What would be more worthwhile would be doing this poll after FM2011 is released, for example, and seeing if there is still demand for FM2010 to be updated.

Good work on this! Can't wait!

Thank ya. :D

You have to consider that most of the "FM2010" voters will move onto FM2011 later anyway.

What would be more worthwhile would be doing this poll after FM2011 is released, for example, and seeing if there is still demand for FM2010 to be updated.

True. Indeed that was one of the main reasons I very nearly didn't put FM10 into this poll. But after seing how popular FM10 is currently and how popular older versions (like FM07 and CM 01/02) still are, I decided there could be enough of an interested fanbase still around FM11-time and beyond to hopefully give editing it an option.

Also the fact that an update can take months of preparation to finish, so I'd need to start beforehand. :) I like updating anyway. :D

FM10 was a big improvement on FM09 IMO and I'm hopeful that FM11 will continue the 'return to form' for the series, in which case maybe I'll try my hand at editing FM11 come the final patch, but I know I won't edit it until then.

A poll on whether an FM10 update would be welcomed when FM11 comes out is a good idea, I'll probably do something along that line at the time to see if there'd a point in releasing anything.

Well, the dealine is now past on the poll, thanks to all who voted and have read the thread.

FM07 is the 'old' FM winner, which means I'll look at doing an FM10 update maybe in the future if there's still support upon FM11's release, but in the meantime FM08 is being put on hold/suspended (no pun intended :D) and all my editing time is to be concentrated back on FM07.

I'm gonna wait until patch 10.3 comes out now before updating it any more, then I'll get busy and hopefully I'll have Beta 2 of the FM07 Update out aprox. 3-4 weeks after FM10 patch 10.3 release.

Archived