Can't Get Hooked

I am really struggling to get into this years game so far as I can't seem to get a save going that has a decent potential. Maybe its because I need to take a break from the game and come back fresh but I can't stop thinking about previous games I have had which were addictive (Cheltenham's rise up the leagues and FA Cup triumph, Consolodating Argyle as a Premier League Club)

Arrgh

I'm in a period with the same feeling. Had a huge save going to around 2030 something, but after i changed club i wasn't so interested anymore.

Now i have a hard time getting into any new save. Should try to lay off the game for a while, to see if that works.

Ive been like that since FM2006, couldnt get into 2008 and 2009, now I have gone back to my favorite hunting ground of Ajax, I have just completed 4 seasons and am looking forward to a long game on this one. Im finally back into thinking FM 24/7 and telling anyone who will listen and some that wont lol, about the game, it feels good to be back.

Risking alot taking on an indebt Hull as a little side challenge as I think I have my Ajax squad nailed now and dont need to much tinkering.

I am really struggling to get into this years game so far as I can't seem to get a save going that has a decent potential. Maybe its because I need to take a break from the game and come back fresh but I can't stop thinking about previous games I have had which were addictive (Cheltenham's rise up the leagues and FA Cup triumph, Consolodating Argyle as a Premier League Club)

Arrgh

Try take Barnet to the premiership and make sure they win 1 Premier League and a Carling Cup Final ..

Should be fun ..

I have found the newer the version the less i get hooked. I remember playing hour after hour, day after day, week after week with all versions of CM since the begining. I have just stopped playing a Roma save on cm 03/04 that i have played 42 seasons on. Maybe the fact the latest versions are not so "pick up and play" but i have to be in the right mood to play fm10 but i find it wears me out quickly.

I had the same problem with 08 and 09 due to horrible bugs and too many sliders etc, which were the first 2 games by SI that I didn't play constantly until the next one.

I got FM10 after the demo impressed me and was enjoying 10.1 greatly apart from a few things ( mainly lack of good regens and AI managers not buying well enough which left my saves far from competetive )

Sadly 10.2 totally messed up wide play and forced way too much of the play down the middle resulting in very frustrating play, so after numerous saves i gave up until 10.3, lets hope its a good patch.

I think I will hold off on FM11 and wait to see if they can release a game that doesnt work correctly for 5 months until they patch out the bugs.

Time to do FM every 2 years SI and release a game that doesnt require huge patches to get the game working as it should do.

These droughts happen in FM,i think generally we all play more then we should and need a break from the game from time to time.

Just wait for the patch and some inspiration to start a new game,then you'll be back on FM as quick as you can say bobs your uncle.

I cant get hooked atm too,waiting for the new patch.just starting one new game after another

I am hoping a more challenging Portsmouth career on the new patch will help :)

I'm totally hooked on FM10! I love FM10 almost as much as a love Mrs Crouchaldinho. :o

You guys just need to come up with an addictive save that presents you with a good challenge and that you get imaginatively caught up in.

Try managing your favourite club, managing a club in a random nation for something totally different, managing the smallest and poorest club you can find, or maybe managing a sleeping giant. Perhaps you could even set yourself a career path and try to become the next Roy Hodgson or Jose Mourinho, whatever takes your fancy.

Loads of great ways of playing the game out there. Read the CSE or Careers Forum for some ideas.

You are missing out otherwise because FM10 is awesome. :cool:

Perhaps if I write up some of my save ideas, you'll find something that attracts you.

1) Calcio Journeyman - a career working my way up from the bottom of Italian football to the top by jumping ship and trying to move to bigger and better clubs.

2) Playing with my favourite team - St. Albans City - and trying to take them as far as I can.

3) An international save, managing England and taking them to the World Cup and onwards.

4) An Indian save building up a small club, trying to bring through Indian talent. The aim would be to dominate Indian football, aim to have success in Asian continental football and then hopefully manage the international team too.

5) A Nordic career, working my way around various teams in the different Nordic countries, starting from the bottom and working my way up to the top.

6) A short-term save with Liverpool trying to win the title and the Champions League.

7) A short-term save with Luton Town trying to take them back to the Football League.

8) Possible save based on Jonathan Wilson's Eastern European football book Behind the Curtain. Start at the bottom and move to different clubs trying to win stuff!

9) A British career starting in a smaller nation like Wales and trying to win the title in each country.

10) A game managing a small club in Holland or perhaps Germany and taking them up the leagues.

So many different ideas. I wish I could play FM full time. :D

Archived