Club Takeovers

Hi,

Im currently managing leeds and have taken them up a division to the championship. im in my 2nd season and im sitting midtable. thats all well and good.

problem! the chairman (ken bates) is currently in talks with others to take over the club from him. this has been going on all season and as im just about to start a new season and want to be able to sign some players, how do i get them to hurry this takeover along?

im unable to sign players or even loan them because of this takeover.

any help? thanks!

I have the same problem, also with Leeds. The takeover process started in like November, so I couldn't buy or offer contracts in January. It's now July and it isn't over yet, so I'm guessing I won't be allowed to buy players this off-season, which means I'll have a squad of 18 players. Awesome.

I mean, even if the takeover took that long, I suppose it's in the best interest of the club to acquire new players? The current president is really still in charge, no? Or he should be...

Im hoping i get a Club Takeover for United to be honest. We are in trouble with debt and i dont want a repeat of what happened on FM 07. I was Chelsea at the top of the league. The Club went bankrupt and i got deducted 10 points i think. I still won the Premier League though :D

I have the same problem, also with Leeds. The takeover process started in like November, so I couldn't buy or offer contracts in January. It's now July and it isn't over yet, so I'm guessing I won't be allowed to buy players this off-season, which means I'll have a squad of 18 players. Awesome.

I mean, even if the takeover took that long, I suppose it's in the best interest of the club to acquire new players? The current president is really still in charge, no? Or he should be...

Ah the joys of being a Leeds supporter. I always find the turmoil follows through in FM too.

My current game with West Ham - the talks began in September and ended after the January transfer window! All that and the only amount 'injected into the coffers' was a paltry £725k! Bloody Ralph Gold!

Have patience. I took over WH in 2013-14 and Gold wont stop spending. Brand new 55000 seat stadium for the start of 2018-19, and regular cash injections!

My current game with West Ham - the talks began in September and ended after the January transfer window! All that and the only amount 'injected into the coffers' was a paltry £725k! Bloody Ralph Gold!

Really? He gave me 80million to spend, i managed to get Adriano among others.

I was freaked out about my transfer embargo with Valencia, but it only lasted like two weeks; then I got taken over by a tycoon, and he gave me a 122 million budget. So that was cool.

When did this happen mate? I'm having a Valencia game and doing quite well in second season but this could put the breaks on.

Archived