3 thingsd for 10.3

Just three things I have picked up upon that may need fixing for patch 10.3

1. Transfers really need addressing for the next patch - I find it very unrealistic that big teams pay quite high sums of money for such average players. Also - and I dont know if this is a bug - but Man City havent spent over £3 million on one player in a year (season 2). Just thought I would point thay out.

2. Cup Priorities - the league cup seems to be valued more than the FA cup (especially by the big teams) - I hope this is looked into because it seems that it is the wrong way round.

3. When big teams rest their players in the cups or against 'easy' opposition, the play REALLY weak teams. Instead of playing fringe players in their senior team or reserve team, they play a few U18 players who have only just joined the club and are not of any real quality.

Thanks.

Something is very odd about the cup priorities baker.simon - seen it posted around it here too. Hopefully it will be fixed.

Yeah, I've seen it on here also. Thats where I got the reputation thing from. I'm sure that is the answer that was banded around at the time.

cant see the point of this because si have allready sed many times that patch 10.3 is just a data update ..

try posting Suggestions for future versions

I don't think what the OP has stated are new features but are things to be tweaked so it's entirely possible that the 10.3 patch may have an affect on these issues.

cant see the point of this because si have allready sed many times that patch 10.3 is just a data update ..

Pure crap, why should they need a month for a data update? Why change their policy? And FM10 surely isn't in a good state.

I just bought FM10 recently after a long run with Bath City @FM09 and holy ****! Those transfers are indeed insane.

My first pick was Santa Cruz, Brazil. Third league, 18,25m € debts. For every single player that I offered at twice of his value, I got instant interested replies and could successfully sell every crap that I wanted to get rid of. Next time I'll simply wait till the third patch is released.

Yeah, I've seen it on here also. Thats where I got the reputation thing from. I'm sure that is the answer that was banded around at the time.

hi i was wondering if u no when the patch is going to be released ? thanks Darren

Please see this thread. The likely date at the moment is end of Feb or early March. There is no fixed date at the moment.

cheers m8 n the clough quotes are legendary

these jersey,s are not for second best ..... they will not shrink to fit an inferior player !!

Just three things I have picked up upon that may need fixing for patch 10.3

1. Transfers really need addressing for the next patch - I find it very unrealistic that big teams pay quite high sums of money for such average players. Also - and I dont know if this is a bug - but Man City havent spent over £3 million on one player in a year (season 2). Just thought I would point thay out.

2. Cup Priorities - the league cup seems to be valued more than the FA cup (especially by the big teams) - I hope this is looked into because it seems that it is the wrong way round.

3. When big teams rest their players in the cups or against 'easy' opposition, the play REALLY weak teams. Instead of playing fringe players in their senior team or reserve team, they play a few U18 players who have only just joined the club and are not of any real quality.

Thanks.

1. The transfers where changed for FM10 because previously it was impossible to off load fringe players, I think most people agree it might of gone too far.

2. In my game on patch 10.2 the Newcastle board do not care about the League Cup and will judge me on other comps, the FA cup has always been more important for them. I am currently one of the new big 4, so my reputation is high.

3. Not seen it, but I have only played Newcastle on this game, they always put a best 11 out against me.

just to clear it up ./.... patch 10 .3 is only a data update ..please read below

Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson

The 2 patch strategy involved a patch around Xmas time, that would look at any issues raised between now and then, and a patch at the end of February/early March, which would include a data update.ONLY

The 3 patch strategy would be the same, but with a day one patch if a serious error, was found between the release of the demo and the game being released.

just to clear it up ./.... patch 10 .3 is only a data update ..please read below

The 2 patch strategy involved a patch around Xmas time, that would look at any issues raised between now and then, and a patch at the end of February/early March, which would include a data update.ONLY

The 3 patch strategy would be the same, but with a day one patch if a serious error, was found between the release of the demo and the game being released.

Hence the words, 'which would INCLUDE a date update' in there.

Meaning it is including a data update for transfers, attribute changes etc, as well as sorting a few other minor issues.

Just the opposite, Sparks. They have stated many times that a number of issues are being addressed. The one-v-one problem being the priority, but they've also mentioned transfers will be looked at too. However, I wouldn't expect transfers to be fully addressed, at least not to the point of getting up to reality-standard, and although they are aware of team selection it has definitely been the case in past editions that big clubs field full-strength sides way too often in cup games (both cups), so I think some balancing is required. It might happen with 10.3, but I'd be looking to FM11 for it to be properly tuned.

Only two things are really confirmed, though: a data update and a match-engine tweak.

Am I missing something? I thought this was exactly the way things are. Big clubs value the league, particularly Champions League qualification more than the FA Cup, and even small teams prioritise survival over the FA Cup.

This is the actual quote:

The 2 patch strategy involved a patch around Xmas time, that would look at any issues raised between now and then, and a patch at the end of February/early March, which would include a data update.

Don't know why you felt the need to insert "ONLY" after it...

Mike - I was talking about how teams prioritise the LEAGUE/CARLING cup over the FA cup - which is wrong. For an example, I saw Liverpool fielding their absolute strongest team in a league cup 3rd round game against league 1 oppostion - and yet in the FA cup 3rd round, they field a team full of U18 players who are really quite crap - which relates to my third point.

I think this was the original plan, but they accept there are several "serious errors" now to be fixed, such as strikers only scoring one in ten one-v-ones.

Mike - I was talking about how teams prioritise the LEAGUE/CARLING cup over the FA cup - which is wrong. For an example, I saw Liverpool fielding their absolute strongest team in a league cup 3rd round game against league 1 oppostion - and yet in the FA cup 3rd round, they field a team full of U18 players who are really quite crap - which relates to my third point.

Ah, I see. I understand now. Thought you meant the league rather than the League Cup.

Hence the words, 'which would INCLUDE a date update' in there.

Meaning it is including a data update for transfers, attribute changes etc, as well as sorting a few other minor issues.

the point being made by your self ... as well as sorting a few other minor issues

the open post was wot he wanted to see in 10.3 that is not a minor issues

I'm for one hoping that the amount of one on ones created is redcued and then the likelihood fo scoring increased. Or at least have some variation in the shots rather than my player just hitting it at the middle of the keeper, maybe hit it wide, maybe the keeper makes a great save etc.

Don't know why you felt the need to insert "ONLY" after it...

Me neither Suzie. It just makes him look like an idiot. Especially when the original quote is so easy to find. That and the fact the I very much suspect Miles's grasp of writing is better than to just put ".ONLY." at the end of his sentance :rolleyes:

He does it with everything simon :rolleyes:

He used the Vitreous2 skin, and edited it a little bit and released it as his own skin. He justs likes to add 'little bits' to things, in this case, the ONLY. :p

He does it with everything simon :rolleyes:

He used the Vitreous2 skin, and edited it a little bit and released it as his own skin. He justs likes to add 'little bits' to things, in this case, the ONLY. :p

Well he should have a 'little bit' more respect for his fellow posters and credit us with not being dumb!

This clear cut chances ******** is a joke. Just had 5 to Birmingham's 3 and they won 5-1. Ridiculous;

Look, I know it's not ideal, but there are many ways around it. Try one of them and you'll stop getting frustrated. If it's just a one off game you are referring to, then unlucky, it happens now and again.

Look, I know it's not ideal, but there are many ways around it. Try one of them and you'll stop getting frustrated. If it's just a one off game you are referring to, then unlucky, it happens now and again.

I know I know I have to vent my frustration somewhere. Although it has to be said that players irl do not miss chances that easily as regularly as they do in the game.

I know I know I have to vent my frustration somewhere. Although it has to be said that players irl do not miss chances that easily as regularly as they do in the game.

You do know about the bug don't you? The glitch means the chance shouldn't have been created in the first place. When it gets fixed, it wont mean your strikers will score more of them chnaces, it will mean that those chances your strikers are 'missing' wont be created in the first place.

You do know about the bug don't you? The glitch means the chance shouldn't have been created in the first place. When it gets fixed, it wont mean your strikers will score more of them chnaces, it will mean that those chances your strikers are 'missing' wont be created in the first place.

I think its fairly obvious I didn't know it was a bug.

I couldn't tell in your original ranty post ;)

It was a serious question, I didn't mean anything by it.

Sorry. I didn't mean to have a go. I didn't realise it was an actual bug no. I have to say as soon as those chances aren't created, the games will be a lot better and less frustrating.

Sorry. I didn't mean to have a go. I didn't realise it was an actual bug no. I have to say as soon as those chances aren't created, the games will be a lot better and less frustrating.

Yeah I know. It happens to me aswell. There are ways around it though, like trying to play wider or down the wings. I bet a lot of the chances missed are near enough straight on goal right? By that i mean through the middle of the pitch?

Archived