Scouting Outside of Europe, Argentina, and Brazil

Is it because retiring players are replaced by regens in the country where they retire?

No, retiring players are not replaced.

It does depend on database size, leagues loaded, countries retained, and so on.

I have a world class regen from Uzbekistan, several from Peru, one from Venezuela, one from USA and two from Israel. I've seen decent players in the national sides of several African nations, Indonesia, Iran, China, Japan, Honduras, Barbados and Costa Rica.

Its hard to find any players in those countries. The amount of new regens generated is too low while on the other hand the amount of countries to scout is pretty large. Perhaps instead of scouting regions just scout major countries. I havent had much luck with that and so far in 20 years my scouts found no african or asian players to recommend.

It's incredibly easy to find high quality regens in for example Mexico, while however you won't find anything that'll take a place in a team bigger than a League One side in the rest of Central/North America usually.

China don't produce much of value either, but it's usually worth keeping a scout looking at Japan and South Korea. Africa then, is a quite different matter, since you need much luck to snatch up a talent when he come in the clubs there, since they always seem to sign for clubs in Indonesia or France almost immediately...

Archived