Crossing

It's tricky getting the best out of wingers. I find that even when a player works a good position to deliver a cross, he won't do it. He just heads for the byeline. I don't have anyone set to "cross from byeline" so I don't get it. I sometimes see a situation develop where it's perfect for one of those drilled balls across the box which cause chaos and often end up in the back of net, but I can't get my players to actually do it. They almost always stop with ball, turn back and lay it off to the full-back who then plays a pass in-field. We actually do this quite well so I'm not too bothered but I'd like to be a bit more productive from wide areas. Just can't seem to make it happen.

Ive found that this happens alot when your right winger is stronger on his left foot or left winger is stronger on his right foot. Examples for Man Utd are playing Nani on the left wing or Tosic on the right wing even though both players can play either side. Solution, play right footed wingers on right and left footers on the left.

Archived