What's your favourite part of the FM forums (apart from the PC/Mac GD)

What's your favourite other forum in the SI community.  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite other forum in the SI community.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Editors Hideaway, which is the only other forum I regularly frequent on here, is awesome. Very helpful people, and a good atmosphere.

Least favourite would be the LLM forum, but everyone knows I... strongly dislike them. ;)

:D They are a tad strict. Sorry guys, forgot to add LLM, Tactics and training and Challenges, Sign ups and experiments. Oh well, they can go under other.:)

:D They are a tad strict. Sorry guys, forgot to add LLM, Tactics and training and Challenges, Sign ups and experiments. Oh well, they can go under other.:)

"Tad strict" is putting it mildly. But don't get me started on them, or I'll be boring you about the subject all night. ;)

Sorry dafuge :(, realised after I posted it. Didn't know there was a career updates forum, might have to check that out.

Cheers :thup:

It is pretty new, so I'm sure there are a lot of people who are unaware of it. I think it has been around for about 6 months now.

I fancy the tactics forum, lately. It's been really interesting reading some of the in depth analysis of tactics, the match engine, formations etc to the point where I'm constantly changing things during game, scratching my head, going "Oh, that's what that does!" and so forth. It's improved my game, too. I no longer feel it's just a matter of getting good players (that's a part of it) and hoping they can hack it. Upwards and onwards.

GD would probably be quite far down the list. FMS is my favourite part of the forums, there are only one or two idiots, far less than most other areas.

Quite like CU, but I only check one or two of the careers because the LLM games and subsequent chest puffing/bragging in the other threads is incredibly boring.

And very entertaining you are, too.

Why thank you Mike. You are far too kind, I assure you. ;)

You're not too bad yourself! :p

It's fair to say that GD has become lower and lower on my list of places to post. The petty squabbling and the brainless ranting gets me down. I still look at GD from time to time, although I tend to post much less here. It's like an addiction really; I can't help but log in once in a while to survey the ruins. :D

It always worries me that people will see GD as somehow representative of the FM community, whereas places like CSE, Career Updates and the Stories Forum show how the community here is actually thriving and how it is a great place to be part of. Anyone who fancies a breath of fresh air after having their fill of the usual AI cheating threads, or bizarre rants recommending the essential use of FMRTE to correct 'flaws', for instance, would do well to redirect their attentions to one of the above forums, where they will find many passionate users enjoying the game and writing intelligent and engaging threads and posts. :)

Quite like CU, but I only check one or two of the careers because the LLM games and subsequent chest puffing/bragging in the other threads is incredibly boring.

Not looking forward to my forthcoming Saints career thread then El? :p

I think CU is still a very young sub-forum and in that respect it is still growing. I hope that it might eventually become as successful as the FM Stories or CSE forums.

It does seem like we only ever get the amazing lower league managers in the CU forum. You know what I mean - promotion, promotion, promotion, promotion, shock horror! lose in play-offs.... promotion, promotion, promotion, Champions League WOO!!!

Where are the people who get sacked or spend ten years stuck in League Two?

Maybe FM's easier than I thought.

It does seem like we only ever get the amazing lower league managers in the CU forum. You know what I mean - promotion, promotion, promotion, promotion, shock horror! lose in play-offs.... promotion, promotion, promotion, Champions League WOO!!!

Where are the people who get sacked or spend ten years stuck in League Two?

Maybe FM's easier than I thought.

This is what I've always thought. Many people seem to either start at the top, jump to random jobs winning things here and there but not doing anything worthwhile or seem to gain something like 5 succesive promotions. I know I'm no Clough but maybe FM is easier than I thought.

Some reads are very good, and realistic, though, such as Crouchie's. :thup:

Why thank you Mike. You are far too kind, I assure you. ;)

You're not too bad yourself! :p

It's fair to say that GD has become lower and lower on my list of places to post. The petty squabbling and the brainless ranting gets me down. I still look at GD from time to time, although I tend to post much less here. It's like an addiction really; I can't help but log in once in a while to survey the ruins. :D

It always worries me that people will see GD as somehow representative of the FM community, whereas places like CSE, Career Updates and the Stories Forum show how the community here is actually thriving and how it is a great place to be part of. Anyone who fancies a breath of fresh air after having their fill of the usual AI cheating threads, or bizarre rants recommending the essential use of FMRTE to correct 'flaws', for instance, would do well to redirect their attentions to one of the above forums, where they will find many passionate users enjoying the game and writing intelligent and engaging threads and posts. :)

This basically. Good shout Crouch!

I frequent the GPTG much more than any other forum, mainly the Spurs thread and theres a good crowd there.

I also look around the Skinning and Editors forums, mainly just to download other peoples good work that enhances my game.

Read through a few stories and Career updates.

It really is just GD thats a bit of a chore, but like most I seem drawn to it like a moth to a flame.

The Editors Hideaway, which is the only other forum I regularly frequent on here, is awesome. Very helpful people, and a good atmosphere.

Least favourite would be the LLM forum, but everyone knows I... strongly dislike them. ;)

spot on with both assesments there:thup:

very helpfull users is a big plus:thup:

least favourite are the tedious self perpetuating threads that start something like

''whats the longest you've gone unbeaten'' etc etc etc

Have to agree there, there's certainly always been a good atmosphere in The Editor's Hideaway, though I've never had any issues with the rest of the forum, it has to be said. :D

I spend the vast majority of my time on here in The Editor's Hideaway promoting my updates, reading posts and helping out wherever I can. Ocassionally I delve into other forums too, usually Tactics and this one. :)

No fans of OTF. :thdn:

GQ can be interesting on a rare occasion, and as I've already said GPTG is fantastic as well as the Stories area. I think the trouble is that the community is split down the middle: the casual gamers who want to play + win, and the FM snobs who lament the use of FMRTE because they've spent months getting FC WindowMan into the Champions League. Somewhere in the middle of all this is a small but significant group of posters who are successful on Football Manager while giving quality advice to those who want to improve their game experience a bit more. Sadly the former majorities tend to mar certain areas of this forum.

OTF is not the place of unbridled evil I used to think it was. No, it's actually just an online refuge for morons.

It's a shame you think that, because you used to be a very good poster. If you think GQ is any better, then I'm lost. Ridiculous.

There is a tonne more advice and help being given in OTF than the repetitive samey nonsense in GQ as well.

It's a shame you think that, because you used to be a very good poster. If you think GQ is any better, then I'm lost. Ridiculous.

There is a tonne more advice and help being given in OTF than the repetitive samey nonsense in GQ as well.

That's your opinion and your of course welcome to it. Having posted in OTF forum a few times I have to say I find it rather cliquey.

That's your opinion and your of course welcome to it. Having posted in OTF forum a few times I have to say I find it rather cliquey.

It really isn't a cliquey as you may think. A lot of users, peter-evo, ham aka stam etc have came right in and are active liked posters. In otf you'll be accepted as long as you post sensibly and accept other people's opinions. OTF is only bad for those users who come in trying to be everybody's friend, Definatley Oasis and me in my early days spring to mind.

We're really not cliquey and harsh as we are probably perceived. I can say for certain we are much more tollerant than LLM and if you post responsibly and in a mature manor you will fit in off-topic no problem. If anyone wants to try it out my advise would be just to lurk or post in the night threads as that way you'll learn what OTF is all about.

Archived