48 months

I see alot of people on here pay their transfer fees over 48 months.. Does this give ya like an unlimited budget or does it come out of your transfer budget?????

Say your buying someone for £50 million over 48 months. You decide to pay £10 million up front, leaving £40 million over the 4 years. That would get divided by 4, so that's £10 million, which is this years proportion of the rest which will be paid in monthly installments throughout the year. That would get taken straight out of your budget so in the first year you would have £20 million taken from your budget.

Same for subsequent years, £10 million straight out of your budget until it's paid.

Well, it's a balancing act. You need to take into account what you do now could impact in the future if you don't succeed.

Yeah, it's a key element of building up a lower league team. Let's say your budget allows you to buy 1 good player a year if you pay up front. If you pay over 48 months, you can get 4 good players now while sacrificing the money for the next 3 years. With those 4 players now, you should win more games, which means you'll make more money, which should allow you to continue to add more players over the period it takes to payoff the 4 players.

Yeah, it's a key element of building up a lower league team. Let's say your budget allows you to buy 1 good player a year if you pay up front. If you pay over 48 months, you can get 4 good players now while sacrificing the money for the next 3 years. With those 4 players now, you should win more games, which means you'll make more money, which should allow you to continue to add more players over the period it takes to payoff the 4 players.

That would be the theory, it's just getting the team to perform to match it.

The advantage is you get to build a team early on, and providing you can hang on to them all, you shouldn't need to buy many others over the years.

The disadvantage is that if you don't make as much money as you thought you would (eg, Leeds United) you will have to sell the players for a pittance when you go into administration yet you'll still owe the money.

So it's a bit of a gamble. Up to you to decide if it's worth it.

The advantage is you get to build a team early on, and providing you can hang on to them all, you shouldn't need to buy many others over the years.

The disadvantage is that if you don't make as much money as you thought you would (eg, Leeds United) you will have to sell the players for a pittance when you go into administration yet you'll still owe the money.

So it's a bit of a gamble. Up to you to decide if it's worth it.

I did the same and limited my spending for the next 4 years. The only players I bought were re-gens. The result is I have now built a legacy.

I've taken the gamble option on my Spurs save. Massive spending (£600m!) has bought me 4 EPL titles, 5 FAcups, 3 League Cups, 1 uefa cup, and 2 CL runner up spots in 7 years. Despite all this success the club is still on a financial tightrope and Levy is looking to sell to someone who can deal with the debts. As long as I keep winning the club will survive. Tycoon please!!

I've taken the gamble option on my Spurs save. Massive spending (£600m!) has bought me 4 EPL titles, 5 FAcups, 3 League Cups, 1 uefa cup, and 2 CL runner up spots in 7 years. Despite all this success the club is still on a financial tightrope and Levy is looking to sell to someone who can deal with the debts. As long as I keep winning the club will survive. Tycoon please!!

600M would usually do it alright :)

Archived