Is My Save Ruined??

When your save continually crash dumps at the same point does that mean the save is no longer playable? Can you go back to a previous save point and it'll then be OK?

My current game has crashed at the same point 3 times now (during a UCL game against Barca :(); before the last one I had deleted the cache. The windowed prompt says the application has encountered a serious error and will close. I'm on 10.2 btw.

EDIT: I've not a problem this bad before now; just the odd dump here and there, nothing major.

I had a crash that occurred on the same day every time but luckily had a back save a few weeks before. I loaded that one up and haven't had that crash. You may get lucky but there are no guarantees. Only thing to do is try it really.

I had a crash that occurred on the same day every time but luckily had a back save a few weeks before. I loaded that one up and haven't had that crash. You may get lucky but there are no guarantees. Only thing to do is try it really.

I save weekly so I'll give it a go :thup: (a fingers crossed smilie would be good Neji)

I also had the same problem on CM4 once, so instead of playing the match, I just went on holiday until the day after it. Everything was fine after that.

I know this doesn't help much but I had one occasion when I had a crash on the same day every single time on my FM10 save. I was devastated thinking that it was going to be ruined forever. However, I reset my computer on the off chance that it might randomly help and it was fine the next time I opened the save. Turns out that Windows had installed an update that had somehow interfered with FM10 and caused the crash on this particular date. Once I had reset the PC, it seemed to sort itself out and all was well after that.

That really was an epic story, wasn't it? Maybe I should have posted it on the Stories forum. :D

:o

Archived