CA/PA for staff members?

How does it work?

If I have a coach with 18 in Attacking and 3.5* stars for Attacking training, what's the role of his CA?

Will a 160CA Scout with 18/18 in Judging Ability and Potential find more and better players than a 120CA Scout with 20/20?

Whipped this out of a txt file I have, I can't remember where I got it from?

Strength: 18 Fitness

Aerobic: 18 Fitness

Goalkeeping: 18 Goalkeeping

Tactics: 18 Tactical

Defending: 18 Defending and 18 Tactical OR

19 Defending and 14 Tactical OR

20 Defending and 10 Tactical

Ball Control: 18 Technique and 18 Mental OR

19 Technique and 14 Mental OR

20 Technique and 10 Mental

Attacking: 18 Attacking and 18 Tactical OR

19 Attacking and 14 Tactical OR

20 Attacking and 10 Tactical

Shooting: 18 Technique and 18 Attacking OR

19 Technique and 14 Attacking OR

20 Technique and 10 Attacking

Set Pieces: 17 Technique and 39 (mental + attacking) OR

18 Technique and 36 (mental + attacking) OR

19 Technique and 33 (mental + attacking) OR

20 Technique and 30 (mental + attacking)

Current Ability is reflected in the attributes the staff currently has. If his CA rises, his attributes will rise. If that coach with 18 ATT increases his CA, it might go up to 19. However ....

Regarding the scout with 20/20 JPA/JPP, you have to remember his DET, DIS, and MOT also affect the effort he puts into his job. His judgement is better than the 16/16 guy, but he might take longer to find players if his DDM is lower.

DDM are key attributes for all staff.

Regarding the scout with 20/20 JPA/JPP, you have to remember his DET, DIS, and MOT also affect the effort he puts into his job. His judgement is better than the 16/16 guy, but he might take longer to find players if his DDM is lower.

Is this actually confirmed by SI?

CA, as with players, means nothing. It is a "sum" of the attributes, except you have to take into account the weightings of each attribute.

I can't agree with that. My best scout has 5/9/4 for those attributes. Second best has 7/12/7. One of my scouts has 11/17/8, and he rarely returns any reports (he's currently in Argentina, so it isn't through lack of players to report on).

I thought scouting knowledge of the nation determined how quickly a scout returns with reports. I've always been under the assumption JPA/JPP are the only important attributes for a scout. That's why I get mad when scouts who look like they could be coaches refuse to accept a contract in that role.

I thought scouting knowledge of the nation determined how quickly a scout returns with reports. I've always been under the assumption JPA/JPP are the only important attributes for a scout. That's why I get mad when scouts who look like they could be coaches refuse to accept a contract in that role.

Likewise.

And yes, young staff (under 50 or so) do increase their attributes

If I'm right in saying that CA/PA for staff can mean attributes will increase, how do we spot members of staff that have the potential to improve (without cheating)?

I did test in FM09 to show that staff CA peaks around age 50 then declines. I also used Genie to see that a high proportion of staff of all ages have CA/PA equal, therefore it is impossible to tell who can improve.

In the 9.3 patch SI revealed that DDM were important attributes for all staff. I'm guessing that high DET makes it more likely that a staff will improve if his/her CA isn't maxed out.

My tests also showed that some years a staff (esp scout) could increase CA a large amount one year and then none at all the next. All in all there seems to be very little rhyme or reason to staff development at the moment.

Current Ability is reflected in the attributes the staff currently has. If his CA rises, his attributes will rise. If that coach with 18 ATT increases his CA, it might go up to 19. However ....

determination probably matters, maybe adaptability, but not discipline / motivation. those are attributes for managers (eg. Roy Keane has high "level of discipline", Sven-Goran Eriksson is a lot lower... similarly Ferguson is a good motivator, Eriksson isn't...)

tactical knowledge might also have a small influence, especially for the guy who is scouting your next opposition. I'm guessing that a large amount of scout CA/PA goes into scouting ability and scouting potential though.

I'm not speculating about real life; I'm telling you that in patch 9.3 SI made explicit what was already the case - DDM affects a staff member's capacity. That's why you can get a coach with 20 'attacking' getting less stars than one with a lower number.

TK is indeed important for scouting next opposition, but irrelevant for finding new players.

I'm not speculating about real life; I'm telling you that in patch 9.3 SI made explicit what was already the case - DDM affects a staff member's capacity. That's why you can get a coach with 20 'attacking' getting less stars than one with a lower number.

For a coach, it is a given that it is important as you see the stars changing.

However, DDM for scouts is an entire different thing as we can not see directly in the game if it makes any difference. I doubt it does, to be honest. That being said, I try to find scouts with higher determination, just in case...

Archived