possible scouting improvement for FM11

I'm currently managing Newcastle in the Championship and with eleven games to go in the season the team is in first place and looking good for promotion. What I'd like to be able to do now is send out my scouts to look for players that I might want to sign for next season (which I'm assuming will be in the premiership). But when my scouts go out they report against how the player would fare in the championship. Now I know I shouldn't be lazy and work out from the reports that I get which players I want to target but I think it would be nice in FM11 if you could send out your scouts with a specific objective such as 'players capable of playing in the Premier League' or 'players who'll help in a european campaign' or players who'll help if we get relegated'.

Just a thought.

I know what you mean and I think it's a good idea. In the FM world in general you have to wait for something to happen (ie not just promotion but fixture calculations aswell) before your classed as a Premier League team and given a Premier League reputation. More forward planning needed.

Archived