QUB in NI div 2

Started with QUB for a bit of fun, Finished first season in second place, 2 points behind the winners. Wage bill £1.6k per week, average wage £37. problem is I am losing £8k - £10k per month. So even if I paid no wages I would still lose money. Now over £90k in the red which the board are concerned about. Hopefully will get bigger gates (216 average 1st season) and start to make a profit. We'll see how the second season goes.

Started with QUB for a bit of fun, Finished first season in second place, 2 points behind the winners. Wage bill £1.6k per week, average wage £37. problem is I am losing £8k - £10k per month. So even if I paid no wages I would still lose money. Now over £90k in the red which the board are concerned about. Hopefully will get bigger gates (216 average 1st season) and start to make a profit. We'll see how the second season goes.

Good Luck. In Gundo's Challenge I was Knockbreda FC, - And also lost money per month. There are 2 ways around it.

1a - Sell players.

1b - Sign free players and sell them on.

2 - Set up friendly leagues at your home ground. IIRC, I got around £8,000 - £10,000 per league, against Barcelona B, Atletico C (Basically all the Spanish reserve teams). You can fit in around 3 or 4 league before the season starts, so can really help bolster your finances for the season. Only thing I will say, is that I got promoted in my 1st season from NI2 to NI1, so got bigger gates after just 1 season, and then got instantly promoted from NI1 to NIP too, so again, saw more revenue from gates.

I doubt you'll ever be sacked solely due to finances, if the rest of the confidence is going well.

Good luck.

Cheers for the tips...

Tried to sell players but nobody wants to pay for them. Tip 2 could be useful but will have wait til start of next season as I have got past the friendlies stage, I'll see what the gates are like this season in div 1. I think I am getting the hang of these slider settings as I used to struggle with them.

And yes the management are pleased with the progress to div 1.

Also, just to let you know razzle, its very beneficial that you put the Cup Competition Prize money to your team, (you get to select this at the start of the season) to "Low". The amount of cups your in, you'll end up losing money by winning cups due to the low payouts from them.

IIRC, Every time I won the Irish Cup, I got £8,000 prize money, and around £30,000 T.V Money (Over the course of the competition, not just for the final) - but had to pay out £70,000 to my squad for winning it. icon13.gif

Another tip... I didn't get to win a cup yet, but will take that into account. Semi final is the best so far.

This Irish team is a challenge and I am looking forward to it. The other game which I have going is Oxford Utd which started in Enlish Conference (sorry Blue Star is it now). In my 7th season with them and up to Div 1 and making money every season, even the ground size has been increased twice. Now at 18000 with 17000+ gates. This FM 08 is definatly the best version so far. Happy managing.

A good way to make money in N. Irland is to offer full-time contracts to players that you think have potential above the average standards of the top league. They usually accept full-time contracts if you pay above £100 pr week. Let them develop and it won't be long until the likes of Glentoran and Linfield come knocking, and meanwhile they will of course help you on your way to the top.

The semi-pro contracts and the low quality of training facilities seems to keep most players stuck at a certain level and the clubs will pay over the top for someone above that level. What's even better though is that the players you sell to them will very often quickly lose the quality they gained in the time they were on a pro-contract, so you're not in danger of acting like a feeder club. Well, not an effective one at least icon_smile.gif

And check your player search screen around the 18th-20th of September and 6th-8th of January each year. Thats when the Islanders and Rep. Of Ireland newgens appear.

You can snap up quality players for free and they sell for big money after a couple of seasons. 1.7m is my best so far icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks chaps, these little snippets come in handy. There seems to be things in this game that you would normally not work out like the regens.There really is a lot more in this game and I am only just scratching the surface.

Started the new season and was doing good, even beating 10-1 on teams that should have won easily. Then suddenly got Islandmagee in the Antrim trophy second round and got beat 5-3. Was I peeved off especialy as we run rings round them. Obviously didn't do my homework well enough on that team. Ah well just got to carry on and pick up the pieces.

Well I am now in 4th in Div 1 and about half way through season 2. I am quite pleased so far apart from 120K in the red. I normally like to stay with one club but decided to apply for another team. I didn't realise how badly the board would take this and gave me an ultimatum and offered to let me resign. I didn't and and still in charge after another 6 games, but who knows what will happen later in the season. I have a couple of cracking strikers that are working well and scoring plenty of goals.

Archived