Glen Johnson on verge of winning first title with Liverpool on Football Manager

I've a feeling a lot of them are into the game. Remember Simon Davies and Matthew Etherington both signing for Spurs around the same time? They were both awesome in FM versions for 1999/2000 :D

I bet ya Ferguson plays it too but he refuses to let Ronaldo go to Real, instead he edited the game so he wouldn't move :D (I'm just making that up obv)

Well it seems he has gotten bored of champ manager - should have chosen the old footie manager. He wouldn't have been restless to get back to work then.

Truth be told, CM this year is entertaining. Made playing in the SPL fun. If it wasn't so damn slow then it would be a really close rival for FM this year.

Having played both I settled on FM because of the speed.

Does anyone else know of any other footballers who play Football manager?

There are quite a few. Going back to the days of the FM magazine there were always 3 or 4 players in every issue who said they played it, Leon Osman, Tony Hibbert, Darren Ambrose, Tyrone Mears to name a few. More recently Bradley Pritchard of Tamworth has been doing a blog for the BBC and in that he has mentioned he is addicted to FM.

Does anyone else know of any other footballers who play Football manager?

I'm pretty sure I remember reading Ashley Cole got sent a copy of the game when he got injured and it coincided with the games release? I think it was something like that anyway.

lol, maybe he is hiding on these boards amoung us? Glen Johnson, please step forward!!

Alright, I admit it it's me.

i wonder if he caused himself more injuries by playing the game

glen if your watching this tell us how you got on

what tactics you used

who you signed

better still who did you get rid of what do you think of your rating on fm

I make my own tactics, no downloading for me!

I signed: Hamsik, and Mark Noble 'cos he's a good mate.

I sold Degen, need I say more?

And I'm criminally underrated on FM. I must have words with Miles.

I remember reading somewhere that when Peter taylor was in charge of England for one game, he picked some less well-known players that the Italian coach hadn't heard of. The coach asked Alessio Tacchinardi on the team bus what he knew of these obscure, uncapped, midtable players, so Tacchinardi got his laptop out with Champ Man on it, loaded up an English game and informed the coach (I think it may have been Trapatoni) what he could find on the likes of Seth Johnson.

Archived