Just bought a new laptop for FM

Hi guys, haven't played Football Manager since FM 2008 due to having 3 computers which all aren't good enough to play Football Manager on. So I just bought a new laptop, which comes tomorrow, but I'm just wondering if it will be alrite to play Football Manager on, I chose one with a lot of RAM so it would be speedy, but im not sure about the processor, even though I don't know what it does because i'm not too clever with computers, here it is...

http://direct.tesco.com/product/default.aspx?R=206-7691

Acer Aspire 5332 Laptop (Intel Celeron© Dual-Core T3000, 4GB, 320GB, 15.6" Screen, Windows 7 Home Premium)

I'd appreciate your opinions on it, cheers.

RAM isn't really the main contributor to the speed of a computer, the processor is. It is only 1.8GHz which isn't great, but it is Dual Core, so that will help a bit with processing since the game is multi-threaded. 4GB of RAM is really good and will help. The problem with laptops is normally graphics, and it doesn't look like yours will be that great, so I'm not entirely sure how good the 3D view will be.

The ability to run the 3D view is based more on the technologies in the graphics card such as shader model and stuff rather than on the amount of memory. The GPU speed is also a factor. So the speed of the CPU and the size of the RAM will not really help if the graphics card itself is not up to much.

Yea but even the most limited of graphics cards nowadays can run FM. So a newly bought laptop should be fine.

It really doesn't need much at all to run QPRbrad trust me. My old pc can run it and that is ten years old with no additional graphics card installed. I just increased the RAM to speed it up and it worked fine on that.

Of course my latest custom build runs a treat but like I say, the other runs it just fine too so long as I have nothing else going simultaneously.

Most laptops sold these days will run it just fine and I have every confidence yours will.

...and yet..... you bought a new laptop for the sole purpose of gaming.... or so you lead us to believe..

and whats gaming geek got to do with anything?

you bought a laptop... i was merely suggesting its a shame as you could have got a much better machine for the same ballpark figure..

Hi guys, haven't played Football Manager since FM 2008 due to having 3 computers which all aren't good enough to play Football Manager on. So I just bought a new laptop, which comes tomorrow, but I'm just wondering if it will be alrite to play Football Manager on, I chose one with a lot of RAM so it would be speedy, but im not sure about the processor, even though I don't know what it does because i'm not too clever with computers, here it is...

Acer Aspire 5332 Laptop (Intel Celeron© Dual-Core T3000, 4GB, 320GB, 15.6" Screen, Windows 7 Home Premium)

my laptop is worse spec than that and 3d matches work fine fella but i upgraded to windows 7 ultimate but i doubt that wud make a difference.

i used to play older versions on a laptop but i dont think there fast enough for a game like football manager

Archived