An anti rant - rant.

Look on this forum, and it is quick to see that many posts are actually complaints about the game.

CCC's not being scored.

Game crashing.

This is bugged, that is bugged.

Why can't I win every game.

Why does the AI do this, but I have to do that.

etc etc etc.

Well I know of something a lot lot worse.

I know of another game you can buy in the shops, that is riddled with bugs, and bugs and bugs, and the creators/developers know about them but for the most part do fu*k all to fix them, and treat their paying customers like sh*t month after month after month, patch after damn patch after damn patch.

Welcome to the World Of Warcraft, the world's most popular computer game :D:D

Where you just pay and pay and pay for the same old recycled content. Where playing at level 1 is exactly the same as playing at level 80. (And I should know because I played it for a full year, 12 hours a day every day)

But at least we can be sensible and save our season on a regular basis in case of a crash.

At least we don't have server downtime for hours on end (plus at least 8 hours every Wednesday) (like Warcraft) with no explanation.

At least we aren't bothered by 'gold sellers' every 2 minutes, or other players who steal items by not fairly rolling for them.

And at least, the developers of FM, actually release patches for the game to tackle the most serious flaws, such as the current CCC one.

On Warcraft I played a rogue, its vanish ability hadn't worked properly for 2 years, and AFAIK still doesn't. In the end, I stopped playing, and came back to CM4 and FM 2010.

Nuff said really :D:D

But even if World Of Warcraft was a load **** to you...

These things such as Missing CCC's are still remaining there and it doesn't make a difference what World Of Warcraft has done in some senses.

But I see where you are coming from and can understand you.

No offense meant, but why do you have to swear in almost every single one of your posts? I find it a little annoying tbh.

On the contrary, have you ever seen SI respond to a rant? I haven't....
Well, it wouldn't be professional to reply to a "dis gaem is crap cos me is broked" thread, that's what mods are for!

But still, it makes SI look bad, and it pressurizes them.

Well, it wouldn't be professional to reply to a "dis gaem is crap cos me is broked" thread, that's what mods are for!

But still, it makes SI look bad, and it pressurizes them.

No it doesn't. If someone was shouting at me in the pub, I'd ignore them. It's just the same.

No it doesn't. If someone was shouting at me in the pub, I'd ignore them. It's just the same.
You misunderstand. It's not about what SI thinks, or whether they ignore it. It's to do with public image and the impressions that these ranting threads create on others (notably newcomers to the game).

You misunderstand. It's not about what SI thinks, or whether they ignore it. It's to do with public image and the impressions that these ranting threads create on others (notably newcomers to the game).

I understand that part, but it still doesn't matter really. For sheer ignorance chesck out the EA forums, pages and pages of problems and not one response. SI may not comment but I can assure you they are reading.

Here, you imply that SI would just ignore any ranting threads.
SI may not comment but I can assure you they are reading.
And now you're trying to say that SI DO read these threads.

.....do you even know what you're arguing for anymore lol

Here, you imply that SI would just ignore any ranting threads.

And now you're trying to say that SI DO read these threads.

.....do you even know what you're arguing for anymore lol

They read them. If they are worthwhile they comment (I've seen SI comment on a few threads) and if they're not they ignore them.

What's hard to understand?

They read them. If they are worthwhile they comment (I've seen SI comment on a few threads) and if they're not they ignore them.

What's hard to understand?

By the looks of it, I'm not the one having a hard time understanding things.

He's arguing two opposing points, therefore, he is contradicting himself. It really isn't hard to understand.

I don't like to argue over such minor things, so I'll just leave it here, whether you agree with me or not.

He's arguing two opposing points, therefore, he is contradicting himself. It really isn't hard to understand.

I don't like to argue over such minor things, so I'll just leave it here, whether you agree with me or not.

Never get why people make it so obvious they're backing down...

Never get why people make it so obvious they're backing down...
Some people don't have the time/patience to argue over such minor things on an internet forum. But seeing as you're clearly baiting me, I will reply until I feel satisfied.
Yes, I said IGNORE. If I ignore someone I can still hear them, I'm just not responding. It's the same with ranty posts, you'll very rarely see SI post in them.
My point has NOTHING to do with whether SI respond to such rants. If you pay attention, I'm claiming that these threads pressure SI, and hurt their image as a developer to some extent. I say nothing about whether SI are seeing/responding to them. Whereas it seems that's you want to discuss.

It's all about the impressions that threads create, that's it. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Goodness me.

My point has NOTHING to do with whether SI respond to such rants. If you pay attention, I'm claiming that these threads pressure SI, and hurt their image as a developer to some extent. I say nothing about whether SI are seeing/responding to them. Whereas it seems that's you want to discuss.

It's all about the impressions that threads create, that's it. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Goodness me.

You're the one who brought up the so called "contradiction", which prompted him to post saying he didn't. Now you say you're not interested in his response.

Oh dear... :rolleyes:

Nah, not me? I like FM10.

I apologise. I got your username confused with someone elses'. :o

You're the one who brought up the so called "contradiction", which prompted him to post saying he didn't. Now you say you're not interested in his response.
I am interested in his response. However, he seems to be talking about something completely different to what I am. Thus, I pointed out the "contradiction"

I am interested in his response. However, he seems to be talking about something completely different to what I am. Thus, I pointed out the "contradiction"

You seem to be talking backwards. You pointed out the contradiction before saying he was wandering off-topic.

And, for the record, he hasn't.

It happens.

Back to the original post though, the two games do have something in common. A huge and overly vocal fan base who demand everything they perceive to be bugs fixed immediately without any reasonable timeframe.

My server in wow I can count with one hand how many times the server has been down in the past 4 years of me playing that has been excessive, each one of those i got free game time with. Yet whenever any tiny little thing happens out of the ordinary, many people flood the forum with unreasonable demands and load vocal protests at how crap blizzard are. Yet they still go and pay their subs and play the game.

Every patch they change a character it's like the class has been nerfed to be unplayable and again they go on to the forum to whine like crazy, sound familiar? Just like FM, in between "Super keepers" unplayable bugs and various different small things that are not actually a problem the forum gets flooded with negativity.

There is a problem, but it isn't with the game.

You seem to be talking backwards. You pointed out the contradiction before saying he was wandering off-topic.

And, for the record, he hasn't.

I pointed out the contradiction to show that he is arguing against a point I didn't make (the point that SI don't read/reply to these threads.) He (and you) were the ones intent on proving that he wasn't contradicting. You're the ones who took this off-topic.

What I am saying is that SI will respond to well, thought-out examples of issues. Rant's they don't respond to. I'd say that there is far more pressure on SI when replying to the well though out arguments, rather than when they dont post in the rants. No posts from SI = No acknowledgment, something you alluded to earlier when you said "the mods deal with that".

Archived