You have probably heard it all before

Right then! Before you read on, this is a rant.

Now before people start saying "we know there is an issue, or, its your tactics"

The rant is about the amount of chances it takes to score goals, SI have released a game before it is ready and once again have to resort to letting patches so you can then enjoy it fully. Do you know of any other game you buy in the shops and yet have to wait 6 months and various patches later for the game to be correct?

This game is crap, how can you possibly say it is fun when you have 6-7 one on one`s a match and hit the woodwork 3 or 4 times and be lucky to actually score, yet the opp goes up the other end and makes your keeper look like a blind man with no arms!?

If you release a game then you release it without these schoolboy errors, to make matters worse they know of the problem but still make you wait for it to be corrected!

I bought my game months ago and I expect the game to be working properly when I bought it, I wouldn`t go to Curry`s and buy a TV and wait 6 months for an engineer to fix the damn thing, when you buy something it is because it is working and not having to constantly download patches for it to work.

What about those people who do not have the internet? How unfair is it to them that they buy a game and have no idea that patches are around to correct faults or shall I say F%^K UPS!!

SI are practically stealing money as they are giving you half a product.

No doubt people will now comment how they are sick of reading rants about known issues but guess what TOUGH! DON`T READ IT THEN

I hope a moderator does read this though so he can explain why I have bought a game and it has hundreds of bugs and why they were not sorted prior to release.

Yep, heard it all before, it was nonsense then and is still nonsense. Not usually my style but for once here goes: you are obviously rubbish at this game. My team has lots of chances, we score some, miss others, but after 6 seasons I have a win ratio of above 75% and have enjoyed every season of the save. Yes there are annoyances, yes SI have admitted there is a bug, so you know what I did? I found out how to work around the bug and created a tactic that not only plays beautiful football but also wins games by scoring a lot and not conceding many.

Thats it. Easy. All it took was a little reading about how to stop it being an issue and understanding how to use the tactic creator.

Comparing a game to a telly is not a good analogy.

Comparing it to other games would be. The only pc game I play is FM so I can't talk to effusively on the subject but from my pc playing friends my understanding is that there are a good many companies out there just churning out buggy nonsense and not even having the good grace to acknowledge them or patch them.

They're not stealing money, I'm fairly sure that would have been noticed and they'd all be locked up. Where would that leave us? Playing CM10/11/12? Is that what you really want? For the love of god man, no!

Love how people have a rant, then when someone says something against it then either go on the negative, or on the mega offensive.

Er.. explain how I have. I got called boring and merely asked why should we have to wait so long for the bugs to be fixed when they are known issues.

Why release a game that is not finished.

I have been playing this game since the very first CM93 in the green box, I have always loved the game and stupidly will still keep on buying it, but why should we have to put up with the fact that the game is not finished yet and have to wait months on end and keep downloading patches to eventually get it correct.

As I said at the beginning don`t read it or comment then if you are sick of these rants. SIMPLE!

The problem are not the patch fix, the problem is that SI ALWAYS get things fix on 2 dates only, in dicember and in february, why you dont relaise small patch so that the game become playable way before the patch 2???

Basically from october till now you have played a faulty game by the time the "last" patch come out and finally 99% of the bugs are sorted, the football season is almost finish ,then roll in june with the market on the way, people stop playing the game to wait for the new one, rinse and repeat for next FM.

Two things:

1) Or you really put the demo out early so we will test the game for you ( and is free SI )

2) Or for godness sake pull your fingers out and make a game playable from day one.

Er.. explain how I have. I got called boring and merely asked why should we have to wait so long for the bugs to be fixed when they are known issues.

You said this:

Must be like yourself then.

Which' date=' I think you will agree, is defensive.

I have been playing this game since the very first CM93 in the green box, I have always loved the game and stupidly will still keep on buying it, but why should we have to put up with the fact that the game is not finished yet and have to wait months on end and keep downloading patches to eventually get it correct.

As I said at the beginning don`t read it or comment then if you are sick of these rants. SIMPLE!

And honestly, we don't care how long you've been playing. Why do people who rant always say "I've been playing since..."? :rolleyes:

Yep, heard it all before, it was nonsense then and is still nonsense. Not usually my style but for once here goes: you are obviously rubbish at this game. My team has lots of chances, we score some, miss others, but after 6 seasons I have a win ratio of above 75% and have enjoyed every season of the save. Yes there are annoyances, yes SI have admitted there is a bug, so you know what I did? I found out how to work around the bug and created a tactic that not only plays beautiful football but also wins games by scoring a lot and not conceding many.

Thats it. Easy. All it took was a little reading about how to stop it being an issue and understanding how to use the tactic creator.

Comparing a game to a telly is not a good analogy.

Comparing it to other games would be. The only pc game I play is FM so I can't talk to effusively on the subject but from my pc playing friends my understanding is that there are a good many companies out there just churning out buggy nonsense and not even having the good grace to acknowledge them or patch them.

They're not stealing money, I'm fairly sure that would have been noticed and they'd all be locked up. Where would that leave us? Playing CM10/11/12? Is that what you really want? For the love of god man, no!

Edgar, it is not nonsense at all. I have stated the truth.

If you feel I am crap at the game, so be it, I don`t care. I play as Everton and I do not expect to win every game or have a high ratio of wins, I do expect the game to be playing on the same level though.

In regards to the other nonsense you wrote I don`t play many games as I have a wife a kid and a life, but I do have a fair few other games that there is not a problem with at all.

Can't believe it took so long for the 'I've been playing since CM1' classic to come out.

Must be like yourself then, unless you have something constructive to say then do not bother. If it is "BORING" then don`t read or comment.

i would love to know how anything you have said can be classed anywhere near constructive?

these threads do nothing but antagonize other members of the forum who are constantly having to trawl through this garbage to get to the useful constructive posts...

the game isnt released unfinished.. and furthermore... the bugs and problems that do arise are dealt with to a level that is unheard of in the games industry.... show me a company who makes more of an effort for their fans....

show me a company that takes as much notice to its fans concerns then SI?

I get annoyed at people who want the friggin moon on a stick.... Football manager is top of the class by a country mile in a very difficult genre of game to produce...

the level of detail and the amount of raw data required to make the game put even the most graphic intense blockbuster games like crysis to shame..

and all these people who make these threads can say is 'well , completely forgetting the fact that year on year SI produce the best game of its kind out there and improve on it , I want a perfect game noowww'

grow up and go ask mummy or daddy for a new ferrari

The problem are not the patch fix, the problem is that SI ALWAYS get things fix on 2 dates only, in dicember and in february, why you dont relaise small patch so that the game become playable way before the patch 2???

Basically from october till now you have played a faulty game by the time the "last" patch come out and finally 99% of the bugs are sorted, the football season is almost finish ,then roll in june with the market on the way, people stop playing the game to wait for the new one, rinse and repeat for next FM.

Two things:

1) Or you really put the demo out early so we will test the game for you ( and is free SI )

2) Or for godness sake pull your fingers out and make a game playable from day one.

Well said Dingo

Are you telling me that alot of people on here would disagree with the above?

Edgar, it is not nonsense at all. I have stated the truth.

If you feel I am crap at the game, so be it, I don`t care. I play as Everton and I do not expect to win every game or have a high ratio of wins, I do expect the game to be playing on the same level though.

In regards to the other nonsense you wrote I don`t play many games as I have a wife a kid and a life, but I do have a fair few other games that there is not a problem with at all.

Can you spot where you've contradicted yourself?

I'm currently playing as Spurs, allegedly the same level as Everton (they wish) so surely we should have similar expectations?

I get annoyed at people who want the friggin moon on a stick.... Football manager is top of the class by a country mile in a very difficult genre of game to produce...

No but to get what I pay for would be nice.

Again you do not have to read this post or have to trawl through it, just leave it alone and pass it by.

I find that if I acknowledge what my coaches say in their analysis before the match (IE: This team does not play well against teams with a deep line) then I will go and change my line and notice the results in the next match. Forever changing the tactics to fit the team you're against is key.

I wouldn`t go to Curry`s and buy a TV and wait 6 months for an engineer to fix the damn thing, when you buy something it is because it is working and not having to constantly download patches for it to work.
You know, I actually agree with you. Year after year, there's a bunch of game breaking errors in every patch.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a huge error in 10.3 requiring another patch (just like the whole Jermaine Defoe problem last year)

Can you spot where you've contradicted yourself?

I'm currently playing as Spurs, allegedly the same level as Everton (they wish) so surely we should have similar expectations?

Level playing field as in I do not expect to have 30 shots and the computer to have 1 and I lose 1-0. Sorry if I did not explain that further.

Before people shout, that happens alot but obviously not all of the time and I know they are getting it sorted for patch 10.3 but my point is why should we have to wait 6 months for the correct version of what could possibly be a great game.

Two things:

So patch 1 and 1.1 or whatever it was were figments of my imagination where they?

If you don't like something, don't buy it, don't play it. Job done!

I don't like mayonaisse, but I don't continually bombard hellmans with grief about it. I just don't eat it. Simples.

Level playing field as in I do not expect to have 30 shots and the computer to have 1 and I lose 1-0. Sorry if I did not explain that further.

Before people shout, that happens alot but obviously not all of the time and I know they are getting it sorted for patch 10.3 but my point is why should we have to wait 6 months for the correct version of what could possibly be a great game.

Again, go play CM or FIFA Manager. You'll revise your opinion about FM I promise you.

Oh my days, this old chestnut? I mean come on.

SI have stated that they are aware of the issues - and have said they'll be fixed in the 3rd patch, however I do feel that the OP made some justified remarks. I'm not going to mention the 1 on 1's or CCC's, I will however point out that in a save over 4 seasons I found I was twice as likely to force great/brilliant saves from the opposing keeper and was also significantly more likely to hit the woodwork.

I'm really hoping that patch 3 dosen't completly banjanx something else - we'll see.

What this has confirmed is that when I buy the next iteration I'll hang on until Feb/March, thus hopefully avoiding any major issues and probably saving about £15 or so in the process.

SI have stated that they are aware of the issues - and have said they'll be fixed in the 3rd patch, however I do feel that the OP made some justified remarks. I'm not going to mention the 1 on 1's or CCC's, I will however point out that in a save over 4 seasons I found I was twice as likely to force great/brilliant saves from the opposing keeper and was also significantly more likely to hit the woodwork.

I'm really hoping that patch 3 dosen't completly banjanx something else - we'll see.

What this has confirmed is that when I buy the next iteration I'll hang on until Feb/March, thus hopefully avoiding any major issues and probably saving about £15 or so in the process.

To be honest I think that is what I am going to do also.

You wont save £15. if you shop around you can usually get for around £17 on pre-order for release day. Its still £17.91 plus postage on Amamzon right now.

I think this may become a growing group.

No offense meant to you, but you say now you're going to wait for the 3rd patch next year to buy FM11, but I highly doubt you actually are.

You'll get to November/December, see everyone else having a great time with the game (because the one time you don't buy it is the one time when it's perfect ;)) and have to buy it.

No offense meant to you, but you say now you're going to wait for the 3rd patch next year to buy FM11, but I highly doubt you actually are.

You'll get to November/December, see everyone else having a great time with the game (because the one time you don't buy it is the one time when it's perfect ;)) and have to buy it.

Funny remark and unfortunatley sods law says you are correct.

Actually I'm extremely likely to go back to doing just that - I waited on the previous version but was sucked in by all the talk of polish.
Funny remark and unfortunatley sods law says you are correct.

FM isn't perfect, guys. No computer game ever is. But holding yourself to ransom like you have done in the past, and say you will do in the future, isn't going to affect SI. They'll still have millions of paying customers pre-ordering and buying on release day.

The only people who will suffer is you.

I'm not sure how I suffer, I get a cheaper games with the bugs ironed out.

As I've said below, you wont get it much cheaper.

You wont save £15. if you shop around you can usually get for around £17 on pre-order for release day. Its still £17.91 plus postage on Amamzon right now.

Generally it's cheaper in the new year, when I got the previous one it was about £10 to £15 less then on release, also by waiting I get to see which patch is best.

And as I've highlighted twice, shop around and you'll see there isn't much difference between release and now!

Due to personal reasons I'm only in a position to purchase from stores - that's where I get the saving.

Personal reasons such as not having a letterbox?

Anyway, you said it's personal so I wont probe any further. What I will say is that by shopping around you can get yourself massive savings, not just on FM, but just about everything. :)

Archived