premier play off for patch 3?????

irl, i hope this proposal is not approved, i long for the days that the champions league is just that the cahampions league, with the only exceptions being auto entry for the previous years winners if they dont win their own league. Alas i may be old fashioned in my thinking, but what was wrong with that, the cup winners cup for errr cup winners and the old uefa cup for everyone else? What we have now although very marketable, well the champs league is at least is an A and B division of Euro Clubs.

It's not 99% certain. It's an idea that's being discussed, like the 39th game was. It will have to be voted on by a full congress of Premier League teams. It would have t get at least 14 votes in favour at that congress. Public opinion would have to be factored into the teams' decisions: public opinion to an idea floated publicly only today. Even if it were to be passed, it would still not take effect until after the end of the current PL TV contract.

i heard that 16 teams were in favour except arsenal, chealsea, liverpool and yep you guessed it man utd. dont know if its true or not just somthing i heard

no that's right. it seems to me at the moment that it's likely to happen at some point, but definitely not within in the next year or two.

If this idea happens then the PL will start its steady decline downwards. Why would a club bother trying to get 4th when 7th would be good enough? Also if you take 4th to 7th into a playoff who gets the Eurocup places? Up to now its 4th gets Champions League and 5th and 6th get Europa Cup while 7th depends on FA cup result so with a playoff who gets left out, 4th?? Its bizarre and totally loony as an idea.

As for the game, it wont be in till its confirmed and that'll probably be FM11 or FM12 if there is one.

If this idea happens then the PL will start its steady decline downwards. Why would a club bother trying to get 4th when 7th would be good enough? Also if you take 4th to 7th into a playoff who gets the Eurocup places? Up to now its 4th gets Champions League and 5th and 6th get Europa Cup while 7th depends on FA cup result so with a playoff who gets left out, 4th?? Its bizarre and totally loony as an idea.

As for the game, it wont be in till its confirmed and that'll probably be FM11 or FM12 if there is one.

It's all about the ££££££££££££££££££

The EPL only have to look abroad to see how European place play-off's don't work.

Unless it's officially confirmed before the patch is done, no. Basically any official rules will get in, if they're not official, then don't expect to see them in FM.

I've closed the thread as it's more of a discussion for the football forum.

Archived