transfer ban !!!!

Oops. :p I guess I was wrong on this count.

Corr Vic, giving the poor people bad advice ;)

*Side note* - I also thought they didn't have the ban in 10.2 :p But I didn't say anything!

The transfer ban doesn't start right away when you start a new game but somewhen in August(?).

A little bit later than August. Chelsea's transfer embargo begins on September 3rd 2009 and ends on September 3rd 2010, meaning they're unable to sign new players in the January 2010 and summer 2010 transfer windows. Disabling or editing transfer_embargo.edt will remove the embargo placed on Chelsea (and also that placed on Bournemouth, if it's disabled)

A little bit later than August. Chelsea's transfer embargo begins on September 3rd 2009 and ends on September 3rd 2010, meaning they're unable to sign new players in the January 2010 and summer 2010 transfer windows. Disabling or editing transfer_embargo.edt will remove the embargo placed on Chelsea (and also that placed on Bournemouth, if it's disabled)

No it begins after the jan window of 2010

I started a game as Chelsea for 10.2, the ban is appealed in the January window in 2010, but the appeal always fails, therefore the embargo begins on February 2nd, 2010 and lasts until February 2nd, 2011. Once you start the game you can't do anything about it (I started a thread on this earlier today), so if you don't want the ban, make sure to change preferences to disable it. You might want to wait a couple weeks for 10.3 to come out, though.

Archived