Slight concern

I'm playing with Atletico Madrid and I'm leading the league table... but some of my top players are worried about lack of managerial discipline :|

How can I solve that problem???

also players are requestin a meeting of the playing and coaching staff... how can I do this???

Welcome to the forums. :)

In regards to the discipline problem, did you let someone off the hook who'd been sent off in a match? So instead of fining them, you just warned them, or did nothing at all?

Team meetings are only available if you're underperforming. You can go to a player's interaction screen (usually use my captain for this) and the option to have a team meeting will be there. The players will have the meeting and let you know how it went.

However, as you're at the top of the table, I don't think your players are asking for that. Have you recently gone into your Backroom Advice screen?

this also happened to my Arsenal team. I would say that if you were to win, but not convincingly, against a lesser team, say to them that it was a good result but a poor performance, or something along them lines.

After a while, you will see that the players aren't unhappy and results are still good

Wait for a relatively fringe player to have a really bad game and then fine him for poor performance; you might alienate him, but you'll show the rest of the team that you're not lacking in discipline.

Or, alternatively, tell the team to tackle hard a whole game, wait for someone to get sent off, and then fine him two weeks wages.

Wait for a relatively fringe player to have a really bad game and then fine him for poor performance; you might alienate him, but you'll show the rest of the team that you're not lacking in discipline.

Or, alternatively, tell the team to tackle hard a whole game, wait for someone to get sent off, and then fine him two weeks wages.

Arrange a friendly then put a piece of rubbish from your under 18s in goals. I used a bad haired striker with the potential of a rotten cabbage. After he gets a bad rating got to his screen and fine his ass 1 weeks wages. Everyone will then be fine

Eventually the player will come round.

In this version you need to be very regimented with punishment, a point confirmed by SI themselves.

I always use the rule of;

Sending off or 2 yellows = Warning

Straight red - 1 week fine

Straight red for violent conduct/professional foul = 2 week fine

I found that works quite well.

In this version you need to be very regimented with punishment, a point confirmed by SI themselves.

I use an escalating punishment system for straight reds; your first one is a warning, the second is a one-week fine, the third is a two week fine, etc. I restart every season; it's worked well (although a particular defensive midfielder got mad when I fined him last season).

Exactly this

Archived