receivers called in

Apologies if this has been covered before, I couldnt see a thread on it.

Having secured Barnet's survival in the championship, I looked forward to investing some of the funds I'd raised over the last 2 years on some new players, only to find that although my wage budget has doubled, all my transfer funds have gone and in the news I got an item saying receivers have been called in and Im no longer allowed to refuse any reasonable transfer offers

In the previous season my financial status was listed as insecure but i thought by raising revenue and not spending it, and keeping my wages under budget (i had 525k transfer budget and was not over my wage budget) the club would be on a more secure footing.

is it possible that the wage budget boost has been a negative effect of my survival in the championship, and has bankrupted the club?! bit weird as im nowhere near the wage budget total, and cant sign any players to give them those wages anyway!

• SI Staff

That sounds odd to be honest, can you indicate what you budget was and is now and any other information you think might help me work out why its occurred please (there's normally a reason behind such things but in this case I can't ascertain it at all from what you've indicated).

Hi Marc,

Off the top of my head my budget was around 24k a week in my "survival year" and now its over 40k.

I think it might be the finance in the background related to stadium size and/or club stature, then recalculated against playing up in the championship (i managed promotions in 2 successive seasons) causing money to be put into a wage structure which had inadvertantly bankrupted the club.

Archived