I need an explanation !

There are the 5 results of last 8 matches I played. Even I have played much better the opponent, I couldn't managed to win. In overall, my team has 99 shots and 24 CCCs in 5 match but only scored 7 goals; and the rivals has got 50 shots and 4 CCCs but scored 11 goals. My strikers is also very good ( 17 finishing, 15 composure etc. ) and 3 attacking midfielder has an 15 finishing average. If we talk about keeper, I am sure he isn't the reason because he has 4 stars on premier league.

It just can't be bad luck ! Please help me !

The matches :

2iggfbb.jpg

2guco0o.jpg

103iwcy.jpg

1gq0ig.jpg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how can be tactics if my team plays really well

That's why I said it's difficult to accept.

It's to do with the type of chance you are creating. Long story short, try to play from the wings as the problem ony arises with chances that are straight through on goal.

There are the 5 results of last 8 matches I played. Even I have played much better the opponent, I couldn't managed to win. In overall, my team has 99 shots and 24 CCCs in 5 match but only scored 7 goals; and the rivals has got 50 shots and 4 CCCs but scored 11 goals. My strikers is also very good ( 17 finishing, 15 composure etc. ) and 3 attacking midfielder has an 15 finishing average. If we talk about keeper, I am sure he isn't the reason because he has 4 stars on premier league.

It just can't be bad luck ! Please help me !

I won't comment on the CCCs because others have and its been discussed to death on many threads.

Worth pointing our though that of your 99 shots 42 were from distance.

If you are going to have a lot of long shots your conversion rate of shots to goals is going to be much lower. I'm not saying thats wrong you just need to know what to expect.

most of the chances are created by through balls to into channels or with dribbling skills

The through balls will be played mostly through the centre, leaving the striker dead on with the goal, which causes the CCC bug everyone's been complaining about.

Try playing more down the wings, getting the ball into the sides of the box, so the strikers are at an angle with the goal.

Use the commands from the pitch side, tell your players to work the ball into the box, and to pump the ball into the box.

Take any players even remotely on long shots down all the way.

You can shoot from 35 yards out - but you won't score all them.

Have a look at the stats for each game, see who's shooting from where, if they're taking long shots then make them play through balls instead.

The stats of the game should show you who's shooting from where.

Which strategy are you tending to use during these games?

Are your fullbacks on automatic?

How many 'attack' roles in the team - is it just the two wingers and the striker?

Have you thought about making one of your midfield players more creative (e.g. using a deep-lying playmaker role)? Perhaps that is one of the reasons you are lacking penetration.

Just some initial thoughts...

I really have no worries about long shots. I am complaning about one-on-one opportunities. For example, in blackburn game, tardelli (17 finishing , 15 composure) , vela (14 f , 16 c ) and bernardo (15 f , 14 c) were in 7 chances in total but all of them failed.

I really have no worries about long shots.

I would be worried about the long shots. You are having a lot of them suggesting that you are lacking in terms of penetration in the final third.

A lot of your players are shooting from distance rather than getting nearer to goal and creating better chances. It suggests that you aren't creating efficient attacks when you come forward.

1) Its your tactics

2) If your tactics is right then the type of chance

3) If your tactics is right and it is a perfectly logical chance, then its your player's morale

4) If your tactics is right and it is a perfectly logical chance, your player's morale is great, then it is the keeper's morale

5) If your tactics is right and it is a perfectly logical chance, your player's morale is great, keeper's morale is equal/lower than your player's, then it is the condition of the pitch

6) If your tactics is right and it is a perfectly logical chance, your player's morale is great, keeper's morale is equal/lower than your player's, the pitch condition is perfect, then it is your player's ability to handle pressure

7) If your tactics is right and it is a perfectly logical chance, your player's morale is great, keeper's morale is equal/lower than your player's, the pitch condition is perfect, your player can handle pressure, then he is just having a bad day

8) If your tactics is right and it is a perfectly logical chance, your player's morale is great, keeper's morale is equal/lower than your player's, the pitch condition is perfect, your player can handle pressure and your player has played brilliantly until the moment the chance is created, then you might have exploited the central defense bug

9) If your tactics is right and it is a perfectly logical chance, your player's morale is great, keeper's morale is equal/lower than your player's, the pitch condition is perfect, your player can handle pressure, your player has played brilliantly until the moment the chance is created and you have not exploited the central defense bug, then you are having a bad day. Study proves that only 30% of the chances go in...and it does not matter who the striker is.

You will never ever win the argument. The only way a bug is identified as a bug is when it is too noticeable to ignore or those who matter the most agree that it is a bug.

I really have no worries about long shots. I am complaning about one-on-one opportunities. For example, in blackburn game, tardelli (17 finishing , 15 composure) , vela (14 f , 16 c ) and bernardo (15 f , 14 c) were in 7 chances in total but all of them failed.

You realise the 1-on-1 CCC problem is a reported bug, right?

There are too many CCC being created, due to the fact that the 2 central defenders leave a wide gap between them that is exploited by through balls.

The keepers' "super" saves are merely there to balance out the ME, and stop every game finishing, for example, 8-7.

This is being looked at for the 3rd patch.

1) Its your tactics

2) If your tactics is right then the type of chance

3) If your tactics is right and it is a perfectly logical chance, then its your player's morale

4) If your tactics is right and it is a perfectly logical chance, your player's morale is great, then it is the keeper's morale

5) If your tactics is right and it is a perfectly logical chance, your player's morale is great, keeper's morale is equal/lower than your player's, then it is the condition of the pitch

6) If your tactics is right and it is a perfectly logical chance, your player's morale is great, keeper's morale is equal/lower than your player's, the pitch condition is perfect, then it is your player's ability to handle pressure

7) If your tactics is right and it is a perfectly logical chance, your player's morale is great, keeper's morale is equal/lower than your player's, the pitch condition is perfect, your player can handle pressure, then he is just having a bad day

8) If your tactics is right and it is a perfectly logical chance, your player's morale is great, keeper's morale is equal/lower than your player's, the pitch condition is perfect, your player can handle pressure and your player has played brilliantly until the moment the chance is created, then you might have exploited the central defense bug

9) If your tactics is right and it is a perfectly logical chance, your player's morale is great, keeper's morale is equal/lower than your player's, the pitch condition is perfect, your player can handle pressure, your player has played brilliantly until the moment the chance is created and you have not exploited the central defense bug, then you are having a bad day. Study proves that only 30% of the chances go in...and it does not matter who the striker is.

You will never ever win the argument. The only way a bug is identified as a bug is when it is too noticeable to ignore or those who matter the most agree that it is a bug.

What are you going on about :confused:

The CCCs through the centre is a known bug that has been acknowledged and SI are looking to fix it in the next patch.

But one on one's is pretty much well documented.

The best thing to do is have tactics that try to lessen the chances of one on ones, and have tactics that don't encourage long shots.

Then you're onto a winner.

I like the wingers and full backs to swing crosses in, or pump them in. You'll get more goals that way, I find.

strategy is control. fullbacks automatic. wingers, striker and amc is on attack role. mc's are support.

My immediate suggestions would be:

1) Think about having three attack roles, two support, three defend and two automatic (the fullbacks). At the moment, coming forward, your entire forward line of four players are playing 'attack' roles and you are therefore lacking in players who link the midfield and the attack. I would suggest having either the AMC or the striker in a 'support' role. Furthermore, with both central midfield players on 'support' you are lacking in a defensive-minded holding midfielder. My suggestion would be to set one MC as 'ball winner' and to have the other on a 'support role' perhaps as a generic central midfielder, or maybe as a deep-lying playmaker (if you have a player who is technically and mentally good enough to run the play). You'll then have a more patient and dangerous build up.

2) Don't always start with control. Sometimes it will be necessary to be more attacking in order to penetrate a stubborn defence. In other games, you may need to head more towards countering or defending against a tough opposition. Control is generally a more patient approach and it wouldn't seem to sit well with the very attacking roles you have selected, which may be why you are having some problems.

At present, the main issue would probably be that when you have the ball, you have four attacking players getting forward and nobody offering themselves up to build an attack. Your two central midfield players are playing ball winning roles and therefore you aren't asking them to play very many through-balls. Furthermore, they are both 'support' players and therefore potentially leaving exploitable gaps. You have nobody in the centre of the park to hold and cover. In simple terms, your attack lacks options and a good build up and you leave yourself exposed on the counter. You create a lot of chances but they are often poorer than the stats indicate, while the opposition is ruthless in punishing you and taking advantage of the space you are leaving them.

I feel confident that you will avoid such situations as in the screenshots above if you take this advice on board. Hope this helps. :)

All you have to do is tweak your tactics.

In reality the fault is with the amount of one on one's a team gets in a match. If your strikers were to bury all the chances you'd win about 7 nil every game.

It's a good thing that the ME doesn't allow all the clear cut chances to be goals, that would be havoc.

The CCCs through the centre is a known bug that has been acknowledged and SI are looking to fix it in the next patch.

Yes, but not all the chances created in that way. My strikers used slam the CCC chances straight to the keeper no matter from where the final pass came. Never saw a striker try to go round the keeper (even if its his PPM), just saw once a striker try to lob the keeper (and that too it was an opposition player) and very rarely see a striker try to place the ball. Argued about this many number of times and each time i used to get a different reply with the final one being that a striker will not convert all of his chances. While i too agree with the final reply, but it is being reflected in the game regardless of what type of chance has been created

Surely the point is that regardless of the 'bug', this is a flawed tactic. We could have no central CCC issue and this tactic would still not be very successful for the reasons I outlined above.

You mean to say that there has never been a chance created (and converted) when a pass is played in between the two central defenders and the striker races past to reach it first and slot it into the bottom corner???

A defender who clears a corner to an attacker on the wing who then plays through a centrally placed attacker is a perfectly logical chance and is created time and again. However even this chance is seen as exploiting a flaw and instead of placing/lobbing the chance, the striker hits it straight to the keeper. So the "bug" is not just the central defenders drifting wide, but also the inability of the strikers to try the various options available to finish a move

You mean to say that there has never been a chance created (and converted) when a pass is played in between the two central defenders and the striker races past to reach it first and slot it into the bottom corner???

A defender who clears a corner to an attacker on the wing who then plays through a centrally placed attacker is a perfectly logical chance and is created time and again. However even this chance is seen as exploiting a flaw and instead of placing/lobbing the chance, the striker hits it straight to the keeper. So the "bug" is not just the central defenders drifting wide, but also the inability of the strikers to try the various options available to finish a move

What are you talking about? :confused:

actually I was playing with this tactic in galatasaray with patch 10.1, with defend roles mc's. It was really working that I have finished 2 years as champion.

1) As you state in the bold part above, it wasn't the same tactic then, was it? ;)

2) It seems reasonable to suggest that playing with the strongest team in Turkey has papered over the flaws in your tactical choices.

3) You wanted an explanation and I have given you one. I have even provided you with a potential solution. Why not try out my suggestions above and report back?

What are you talking about? :confused:

Urinating against the wind mate.

Once again someone is being denied help of how to get around the problem by someone trolling about bugs!

We'd all like this bug to not be in the game, but it is. So temporarily we just have to find a way around it tingting

SerTkaN - I'm sure myself Crouchy, Vic or Cougar can help you around this.

We'd all like this bug to not be in the game, but it is. So temporarily we just have to find a way around it tingting

You see, I don't even think the CCC issue has anything to do with it really. The balance of the tactic isn't quite right and that's why the OP has poor results.

This, taken from T&T '10, sums it up for me:

Balance

This is the key word with everything in football tactics. Finding the right balance between attacking intent and creativity on the one hand and defensive shape and stability on the other is the ultimate juggling act. In general, it is important to use the duties to make sure that nobody on the team gets isolated and that there is always cover in key positions on the park. This is why the choice of duties is so vital to tactical success.

It is certainly not the case that all defenders should be on “defend”, all midfielders on “support” and all attackers on “attack”. This would leave the team very static and with no communication from one stratum to the next.

Basically, the OP's tactic does not have the right balance as far as I am concerned and that is fundamentally why he is having poor results.

First of all, his team is left very 'static' and has 'no communication' between the midfield and forward stratum. This is because he has all four players on 'attack' duties.

In the midfield, his defensive stability is compromised because there is not 'cover in key positions on the park'. That is, his central midfielders are both 'support' with no cover. They are also given 'ball winner' roles which lack through balls for the forwards, who are getting forward on 'attack' duties, to run on to.

That results in a lot of shots from distance, the illusion of success through misleading stats (which are, admittedly, made worse by the CCC issue) and the opposition taking advantage of the lack of defensive cover in the middle of the park and scoring goals!

Ultimately, the tactic doesn't score enough of its chances and it allows the opposition to score too many of their chances.

Look at the Reading game for instance:

Reading 6 shots, 6 on target, 4 goals.

West Brom, 20 shots, 9 on target, 2 goals.

Immediately, alarm bells should be going off here. Reading are having the time and space to get every single shot on target and have put away two thirds of their shots! West Brom, on the other hand, get less than 50% of their shots on target and have scored just 10% of their total shots in the match!

Lack of attacking penetration and lack of defensive solidity is the answer. The solution is to add a defend duty in the midfield and to add a support duty in the attacking positions. Also, I would suggest having a creative player to direct the play and to play through balls in the middle of the park for the attacking players to run on to.

Urinating against the wind mate.

Once again someone is being denied help of how to get around the problem by someone trolling about bugs!

SerTkaN - I'm sure myself Crouchy, Vic or Cougar can help you around this.

Yeah i love urinating on myself mate. Before you bring out the trolls and ogres, maybe you need to read the post in sequence mate? The bug issue had already come up and everyone was saying that the problem is with the CDs drifting while the problem is also the strikers just hitting the shots in a straight line when inside the area. Maybe i took it to the extreme, but its not as if everyone was talking about fixing the issue and i came up with the "bug" line.

With regards to offering yourself as a help, i think the only workaround for this is to reduce the TTBs for the central midfielders...this has been suggested by cougar, vic and crouchaldinho so i thought there was no need to add another post with the same info mate

Yeah i love urinating on myself mate. Before you bring out the trolls and ogres, maybe you need to read the post in sequence mate? The bug issue had already come up and everyone was saying that the problem is with the CDs drifting while the problem is also the strikers just hitting the shots in a straight line when inside the area. Maybe i took it to the extreme, but its not as if everyone was talking about fixing the issue and i came up with the "bug" line.

With regards to offering yourself as a help, i think the only workaround for this is to reduce the TTBs for the central midfielders...this has been suggested by cougar, vic and crouchaldinho so i thought there was no need to add another post with the same info mate

Fair enough. I did read the thread in order mate, in fact I was the 3rd person behind the OP and speople to post in it.

I have actually suggested the opposite and said that this doesn't really have anything to do with the CCC issue.

I fail to see why people are so quick to say its sertkans tactics. The guy has told everyone his tactics are putting his good forwards through one on one. The fact that 7 have been missed does not mean the tacktic is to blame. If Rooney or Torres were put through 7 times in a match and missed ALL of their chances it would take a brave or stupid person to slam Sir Alex or Rafa for their tactics.

The single reason he hasn't scored more is due to the bug. You know the bug they put in to cover up the other bug.

Telling/helping him or anyone how to avoid missing so many ccc's is only papering over the cracks. All it will result in is creating LESS ccc's and therefor show LESS missed chences. Changing the tactics will not result in more goals, just less chances which inturn results in less misses.

Please please please people how can putting someone through one on one equal a bad tacktic.

SI have done everything to try and make this game as realistic as possible right down to stupid details that most people dont want. What they have achived in this patch makes what you see in the ME as unrealistic as games ending 11-9.

If Torres missed as many ccc's irl as he does in my game then he would be sold to real Oviedo for about 50p.

I fail to see why people are so quick to say its sertkans tactics. The guy has told everyone his tactics are putting his good forwards through one on one. The fact that 7 have been missed does not mean the tacktic is to blame. If Rooney or Torres were put through 7 times in a match and missed ALL of their chances it would take a brave or stupid person to slam Sir Alex or Rafa for their tactics.

The single reason he hasn't scored more is due to the bug. You know the bug they put in to cover up the other bug.

Telling/helping him or anyone how to avoid missing so many ccc's is only papering over the cracks. All it will result in is creating LESS ccc's and therefor show LESS missed chences. Changing the tactics will not result in more goals, just less chances which inturn results in less misses.

Please please please people how can putting someone through one on one equal a bad tacktic.

SI have done everything to try and make this game as realistic as possible right down to stupid details that most people dont want. What they have achived in this patch makes what you see in the ME as unrealistic as games ending 11-9.

If Torres missed as many ccc's irl as he does in my game then he would be sold to real Oviedo for about 50p.

The problem is that those sort of chances shouldn't be created in the game, that is the bug/glitch!

The reason they are all saved is to counteract the fact that these chances shouldn't exist, they shouldn't have been created. If the bug wasn't in the ME then it wouldn't mean more of these chances would be scored, it would mean that these chances wouldn't be created in the first place.

Search the forum for a thread where the OP proves that the AI needs roughly half the clear cut chances than the Human manager to score.

Your issue is definately tactical in nature but it is not your fault. You wouldn't expect the AI to create highly imbalanced offensive/defensive tactics considering they have been coded by the creators of the game?

Sigh. Why do I try...? :(

Because you care, even when ungrateful little oiks make you wonder why you do.

The only explanation the OP needed was how to use the search function because I'm fairly sure we've all been through this before. This thread was always going to end up with people who do not understand the phrases 'acknowledged bug' and 'SI are fixing for the 3rd patch' getting their knickers in a twist. Yes billy I'm talking to you.

Because you care, even when ungrateful little oiks make you wonder why you do.

The only explanation the OP needed was how to use the search function because I'm fairly sure we've all been through this before. This thread was always going to end up with people who do not understand the phrases 'acknowledged bug' and 'SI are fixing for the 3rd patch' getting their knickers in a twist. Yes billy I'm talking to you.

Uh-uh, Oh no yoouuuu didn't ;)

Edgar, Vic, Simon. Let me make this as simple as i can for you. Yes we know there is a bug, Yes we know SI know there is a bug. What i hate seeing is someone asking a simple question and being told its his tactics, after that then the next helpful comment is "here we go again" or "try useing the search function" followed by "theres always one". I have never seen a "welcome to the Forum" comment it seems you have to have a huge post-count otherwise the same few people just jump in and shoot you down.

I agree with whats been said (by crouchaldinho, not you other muppets) but lets just answer comments simply without trying to hide the facts in a thousand word essay.

Example.

To the OP, sorry the ME is bugged and very unrealistic. Your tactics are good but you will have to use a tactic that the ME likes otherwise you will continue to see stats like you have been seeing.

Here is a thought to all you "Do a search mate" posters. Instead of SI putting a comment on page 9 of a thread, why dont the put a sticky up saying "sorry folks we dropped a bollock and tried to fix a bug which inturn led to another bug. Also we now also agree that x,y and z need looking at.

Edgar, Vic, Simon. Let me make this as simple as i can for you. Yes we know there is a bug, Yes we know SI know there is a bug. What i hate seeing is someone asking a simple question and being told its his tactics, after that then the next helpful comment is "here we go again" or "try useing the search function" followed by "theres always one". I have never seen a "welcome to the Forum" comment it seems you have to have a huge post-count otherwise the same few people just jump in and shoot you down.

If you care that much, look through my posts that I've made today. I've welcomed 3 or 4 people to the forums.

I agree with whats been said (by crouchaldinho' date=' not you other muppets) but lets just answer comments simply without trying to hide the facts in a thousand word essay.

Example.

To the OP, sorry the ME is bugged and very unrealistic. Your tactics are good but you will have to use a tactic that the ME likes otherwise you will continue to see stats like you have been seeing.

Here is a thought to all you "Do a search mate" posters. Instead of SI putting a comment on page 9 of a thread, why dont the put a sticky up saying "sorry folks we dropped a bollock and tried to fix a bug which inturn led to another bug. Also we now also agree that x,y and z need looking at.[/quote']

It's common knowledge to the regular members of the forum where SI stand on this, and we quite obviously help new users. The 'search for threads like this one' was suggested nicely and was for future reference.

Everything was fine in this thread until you came in. We're were getting along fine, and then you showed up. :rolleyes:

I agree with whats been said (by crouchaldinho, not you other muppets) but lets just answer comments simply without trying to hide the facts in a thousand word essay.

Example.

Here is a thought to all you "Do a search mate" posters. Instead of SI putting a comment on page 9 of a thread, why dont the put a sticky up saying "sorry folks we dropped a bollock and tried to fix a bug which inturn led to another bug. Also we now also agree that x,y and z need looking at.

Excellent post :p

Archived