Sacked

Just been sacked by cork city in my career game. Had just made it to july and alot of my free transfers had came in to help us push for the league title. Some one else said they would like my job and I was sacked. Checked the new guy and he had only managed a low spanish side not even in a playable league.

Feel bad that i've been replaced by a nobody.

Any one else suffered anything similar?

Well Cork City are a team with a very low reputation and have financial troubles so not surprised by that. maybe they couldnt afford your wages anymore

Maybe, but by sacking him would cost more surely? Besides, the new guy will need paying aswell. Think Liverpool ;)

Media article saying that they were worried about losing me at the end of the season because my contract was up at the end of the year. And they planned to open negotiations as soon as possible.

Did you enter into negotiations for a new contract? Or ask the board for one?

Did you enter into negotiations for a new contract? Or ask the board for one?

nope they sounded like they where happy with me, they definatly werent unhappy with me so I planned on waiting for them to come to me.

And you can declare intrest in jobs where they are close to running out of contract I think

In FM08, I took Leeds top of League One with the 15 pt deficit, then two seasons later took them into the Premiership, kept them there for two years (the 2nd season being no. 1 in the league for a short spell). A board took over and replaced me with Graeme Souness. I was pretty angry.

I would pick Wee Lad ahead of him anyway.

Cheers.

I'm not a fan of Graeme. And btw, he wouldn't get he job ahead of me because I gave Leeds two successful promotions (which includes one with a -15 pt deficit), and my experience is set to International Footballer which automatically gives me a better rep than Graeme, speaking from an in-game point of view.

i think there is a lesson to learn here

my club has so far come to me to discuss my contract a year before it ends (three times now and always exactly 365 days before it ends); so i presume that if they don't it is you who should be persuing them around this time of the year -if you wan't to keep that job.

it would seem that if the club "forgets" to renew your contract one year before they won't come to you at all - and other candidates will start trying to get your job 6 months before your contract expires.

Cheers.

I'm not a fan of Graeme. And btw, he wouldn't get he job ahead of me because I gave Leeds two successful promotions (which includes one with a -15 pt deficit), and my experience is set to International Footballer which automatically gives me a better rep than Graeme, speaking from an in-game point of view.

Yep thats why I said that. Considering how well you did with Leeds I dont see how anyone could choose Souness ahead of you. Besides he's been out of the managerial scene with a while now. Decided to be a pundit for RTE Sport in Ireland instead.

Cheers mate :thup:

What is the story with Notts County IRL? I thought they had loads of money and now I hear they are skint?

if I had known that they where up for sale. and a £1 at that I would have offered £2 pound. The debt is not that much from what i've been hearing

Archived