A hard or crazy man? De Rossi...

Him being an Italian, and the most skilled Italian, for that matter, i bought him for tens of millions, so he could also be my team's captain and leader. Two years later, and i have come face to face with a problem i didn't quite expect, he is just way too crazy and hard on the field, and his mouth needs shutting too. I've told him not to argue with officials, as well as an easy tackling, but to no success. Below, the facts speak for themselves(note both his club and country records this season).

Any idea what's wrong and how could it be fixed?

derossi.jpg

You could also stop putting him in situations where he has to foul. For example, if he's always getting caught behind the player he's supposed to mark, drop his mentality a notch or two down.

Fining him after picking up silly cards might help lower his aggression, although it may annoy him.

At last resort consider trying to tell him not to dive into tackles, but with his attributes it's a shame if he doesn't.

I hope thats sarcasm.

Of course it's not sarcasm. 7.1 is a terrible rating, unless the team he is in are losing on a regular basis, which I assume they aren't.

Realistically, if your players aren't getting at least 7.5 there is either something wrong with them or the tactics that are being used.

Of course it's not sarcasm. 7.1 is a terrible rating, unless the team he is in are losing on a regular basis, which I assume they aren't.

Realistically, if your players aren't getting at least 7.5 there is either something wrong with them or the tactics that are being used.

WTF?

In my current save (6 years in) the highest average rating for a Prem player for a season is 7.61.

I expect my very best players to average 7.5 (maybe 1 0r 2 on the whole team). Other than that 7.3 and above is fantastic, 7.1, 7.2 is really good.

We know you have a tactic that you claim has beaten the game so comparisons to your game are unrealistic.

FWIW De Rossi is a monster IRL and in game.

Sorry, but thats ridiculous. 7.1 is great.

7.1 for a defensive midfielder is absolutely fine. He's not going to be scoring many goals or setting up many and he won't be playing many key balls so he won't be getting a high rating.

7.1 terrible eh? wtf ?

De Rossi plays great as Deeplying Playmaker/Defence btw.He is not willing to learn new ppm's so there is not much to do actually

edit:In my team he had 29yellow 3red cards and his midfield partner Asamoah had 25yellow 6reds.gotta love Italian Football

basically a player like de rossi will be fairly tricky to control, i think aside from dropping mentality a bit to be more defensive, and the team as a whole to not dive into tackles, then it is quite hard to tame him

Well, 7.1 is the best of them, but is a very good one for my standard, this season which includes the player's stats, i won the treble for the first time(though i am on a challenging mission, read the Official Inter Thread for more information).

His tackling is very high, and he always stands up in the big games, when others are struggling, i just wish i could have him available more often, since he tends to miss quite a lot of games through suspension, though it did good this season by letting Crisetig get a few games he really needs.

Based on the comments, i guess i'll just try to make him a little more defensive and let him do his job...at least it's been going great so far, as with only about 3 or 4 world class players (De Rossi, Dzeko, Maicon and J.Cesar), and a host of young (mostly italian) talents, i just won the CL.

i think that a few positions arent accurately represented by the rating system (IMO keepers, DMs, sometimes wingers) so i would look at the stats rather than the rating. "tck" rating of 4.51 is a very good rating and his pass completion is 80% (in the league).

hes not losing you the ball and hes breaking up a lot of attacks. what more could you want from him? in an ideal world i would get a hot prospect to sit on the bench (or in an inideal world a cheap, reliable loanee) for when he gets sent off though!

i would only look at his "tck" rating when altering how he tackles. if u can tweak that even higher, brilliant. if not, dont worry about the cards.

Archived