Strangest international boss?

Is it just me or do too many former players get international jobs without any experience? On my save Malouda got the French job and Lampard got the England job as their first jobs. I think there were others but i can't think of them at the moment. I know it does happen in real life occasionally but seems a little too frequent on FM.

Is it just me or do too many former players get international jobs without any experience? On my save Malouda got the French job and Lampard got the England job as their first jobs. I think there were others but i can't think of them at the moment. I know it does happen in real life occasionally but seems a little too frequent on FM.

did klinsmann have experience before he became germany boss?

did van basten?

;)

I've noticed a few strange choices for Brazil, also I've found they change their manager alot! In one old long-term save I actually became their boss, I was the fifth that year taking over before the final of the Copa America against Argentina... glad I won or they'd have been looking for a sixth!

In a previous save game I had a brief stint as Brazil manager. I qualified for the copa america, once it started i won the 1st game easily, then drew the second game with peru or someone similar then got sacked lol, needless to say brazil went on to win it but without me at the helm. A bit harsh I thought at the time really

Brazil historically sack managers on a legendarily regular basis.

See this period for an example:

Mário Zagallo (1995–1998)

Vanderlei Luxemburgo (1998–2000)

Émerson Leão (2000–2001)

Luiz Felipe Scolari - 2002 FIFA World Cup (2001–2002)

Carlos Alberto Parreira (2002–2006)

So between the start of 98 and end of 02, Zagallo, Luxembergo, Leao, Scolari and Parreira all managed the team. And none of them were caretakers

Nations only tend to appoint managers from their own country. There have been times when i have applied for jobs at places like Holland having won the league and conquered Europe, only to lose out to some dutch guy ive never heard of.

Sam Allardyce was Englands last manager for me. He dropped Wayne Rooney for his euro championships squad :p

I am actually the current Brazil manager on my current game, where I'm Arsenal manager and it's the 2015-16 season (also managed: LA Galaxy, Uruguay, Middlesbrough, England Under 21s, Colorado Rapids. Not my most loyal game, if I'm honest)

Archived