Chairman selling good players question? HElp!

The only way it will stop is if you are ok financially. Otherwise the club will look to settle debts by selling players.

Once you're financially sound not even a 40m offer for a player would make the chairman bat his eyelids.

How on Earth did you get Sahko for Yeovil Town? Any time I buy him he costs about €36m?

Either RTE or the official editor. And unless he's massively upped the reputation, fan-base, ground size and finances of Yeovil, then there is no way the chairman would not accept the first offer in for him, or a computer club bid something like €1m for him.

Oh for crying out loud. Why ask for help in a game that you're cheating in? I've nothing against you editing the game. But this isn't really a real issue with the game. It's because you've hacked the game.

It's because he's added players but forgotten to reduce interference from the chairman and increase the reputation of the club I think. Not purely because he "hacked the game".

There's a way around this.

I think it's something like offer him to others for nothing then hope he accepts one of those offers. You get to reject the offer if you do that. I'm not sure if this is right. If you look around this place you'll find the solution.

Seeing as how you're Yeovil I doubt he'll be happy about it. Maybe if you offer him a new contract before you offer him out he'll not be so desperate to leave.

I found a simple, no cheat way around this.

Set the value of the player in question to 10k.

You will then receive offers of up to 27k (on FM09 anyway), which of course your chairman will not care about.

The downside to this, however, is that you will see more teams interested and your player may want to leave to one of these teams. Only really works then I suppose if you're reputation is excellent and you're winning all.

Bit of a catch-22.

I thought I was cheating when I turned my entire transfer budget into wages to lure the legends that are Denilson and Wiltord to Swansea City, but this is just an entirely different league...

Just download FMRTE and set his value to £1,000,000,000 and reduce your chairmans interference, since editing clearly isn't an issue for you.

I found a simple, no cheat way around this.

Set the value of the player in question to 10k.

You will then receive offers of up to 27k (on FM09 anyway), which of course your chairman will not care about.

The downside to this, however, is that you will see more teams interested and your player may want to leave to one of these teams. Only really works then I suppose if you're reputation is excellent and you're winning all.

Bit of a catch-22.

This works, just set a players value to 80 mill, no one bids for your player but the teams interested dont go away

Archived