i feel i don't get enough credit.... IMPROVE CONFIDENCE/// Also what bout adding a PA

i started a new game wit Crystal Palace ... their Rep is 14th in the table..... so wit 21 games into the 2009/10 seson.

im 2nd, 2pts behind newcastle and 6 pts ahead of watford, so im in a good place and having a great season...ALSO im in the S-F of the league cup !!!! in the 2nd round i went to Portsmouth and won 1-0 - the fans liked it but in a day it was forgotten about (in real life that result would have the palace fans smiling for days)

to annoy me more in the 3rd round i played home to SPURS and won 1-0 ...and like before the fans liked it bout moved on in a click of a mouse(in real life that famous score would have the palace fans slagging spurs fans for weeks!!)

then the QF came and i was playing at home to no other then CHELSEA....i lead PALACE to a historic 2-1 extra time win !!!! the fans liked loved it .... but as before it was forgotten in bout 5 minutes (real time).....

then by chance i looked at the confidence and even tho i was 2nd in the league and in the semi's of a major cup ......all the board said was "they where pleased !!!!" and as for the fans all they where pleased wit was me signing of Christian Vieri !!!

BOTH Board + Fans should be kissing my feet.....im the best manager Palace had in 20 or so years !!!! (since steve coppell :))

if that happened in real life the palace fans would be going MENTAL !!! money coming in, in the Semi of the LC, and probably going to be playing in the premiership in 6 months time.... !!!!

i just got idea of what about having a PA to tell you once or twice a week what the fans are saying about you on the street , tv, radio , web......like the little lady telling me "after the historic win against chelsea the fans want to the Queen to knight me" !!! and a week later telling " after a poor Draw to Derby the fans dont really care because they still cant believe they won chelsea and or just one round away from WEMBLEY and could even get in to europe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

The PA is an ok idea, but think about it: it would become very repetitve and people would be bashing it just like the press conferences.

I'm sure you would say the ideas implemented could be endless, but they are certantly NOT for press conferences.

Besides even if the idea caught on it would not be very strong til a few years from now. For the simple reason of to many more things to fix or add in front of it. (training, crashes, bugs, match day options, etc.)

I like the idea but it might be a few years down the road.:thup:

Just use your imagination. I'd hate more useless messages clogging up my inbox.

More credit wouldn't have to be by way of inbox messages though. I agree with the OP, and I've said many times that board/fan confidence and that sort of thing need vastly improving.

Especially when you land a major trophy, regardless of whether or not you were favourites:

"The board would like you to keep celebrations to a minimum so you can concentrate on future success..." :confused:

You even could win an historic treble with any team but come the start of the next season it's:

"To summarise, the board are satisfied with your management of the team..." :rolleyes:

What a load of rubbish.

There was a thread similar to this very recently, but I'm posting the same sort of thing here in the vain hope that the more we talk about it, the more chance SI will sit up, take notice and do something about it.

Archived