Stadium size in EPL

I thought that you needed to have 100% seating in the EPL and a min ground of 12k (cannot remember where I read the ground size) I have just got promoted with a 6k stadium containing 2200 seats and I was expecting to have to ground share with someone who had seats.

I asked the board to increase the stadium size and they are going to be very kind and amazing clever using every ounce of common sense and put another 40seats in!

Is there meant to be a ground size requirement?

I always thought it was a retrograde step when SI took ground size limitations out of the game.

I don't think they should necessarily force you to choose whether you go up or not, they should force the ground expansion as they always used to (and kill your tranfser budget to boot).

I sold out the ground for the first game of the season. I'm about to be taken over, with any luck i'll have a highly motivated board who will break the bank and go down to homebase on the 10% day and put 100 extra seats. I hate my board but will not edit them anyway. I am really shocked that the codes were in place and then removed.

I think in real life there is a two season period of grace in which the club is given time to do the neccessary work. I remember that it was the case with Craven Cottage a few years back. This is of course if the groun passes all the neccessary safety regulations already.

Yes, this :thup:

As far as I'm aware there are no minimum gorund sizes as such, but other factors need to be up to scratch like media facilities. seating etc etc.

I always thought it was a retrograde step when SI took ground size limitations out of the game.

I don't think they should necessarily force you to choose whether you go up or not, they should force the ground expansion as they always used to (and kill your tranfser budget to boot).

When were they removed?

I'm sure that the limits were there with FM09, unless it was a coincidence that my board expanded an unexpandable stadium to exactly 15000 for fun. Same when in Brazil, the expansion nearly bankrupted me :(

When were they removed?

I'm sure that the limits were there with FM09, unless it was a coincidence that my board expanded an unexpandable stadium to exactly 15000 for fun. Same when in Brazil, the expansion nearly bankrupted me :(

Hopefully they are still in the game. Its a need now. I just checked I have 2882 seats and 2892 season ticket holders, it seems that no one is able to use the terrace. I shall complain to the board daily as I have nothing better to do. :rolleyes:

Today my stadium has been increased (I did a season very quickly) by 1500 seats, a premiership team with 4500 seats. This has ruined my save and I just cannot be bothered to continue, it was very hard to stay up. I checked my board ambition and love for club and its not bad, the chairman has love for the club of 100%.

Look at the link, I REALLY hate to say it but is tbis lack of ambition in the EPL a bug?

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2715/endoffarn.jpg

When I got promoted to the EPL with a 8,000 ground I got a message saying the stadium would be expanded to meet league requirements. Doesn't mean there actually are requirements in the game, but seems like most stadiums get expanded to at least 12k when you get to the EPL.

Is there a size requirement IRL btw? What is it? I googled in vain the other day :( The only I found was that the stadium must be all-seater. Think the club had 2 or 3 years to fix that. But didn't see anything on size.

When I got promoted to the EPL with a 8,000 ground I got a message saying the stadium would be expanded to meet league requirements. Doesn't mean there actually are requirements in the game, but seems like most stadiums get expanded to at least 12k when you get to the EPL.

Is there a size requirement IRL btw? What is it? I googled in vain the other day :( The only I found was that the stadium must be all-seater. Think the club had 2 or 3 years to fix that. But didn't see anything on size.

From the link posted by wesleysonckit looks to be 5k

http://www.thepyramid.info/misc/ground.htm#1_3

This may be of interest to those of you who are interested in the real-life requirements for stadia as they move up the ladder.

I completely agree Michal.

• 1 year later...

I'm playing as Vauxhall Motors FC and I'm now in the Premier League. As I've risen I've been in debt at every rung of the ladder and so I've not had the funds to increase my ground. When I got to the Championship, the board agreed to build a new 17,750 stadium. This was after a lengthy planning application and the announcement came just days after I won the play-offs. I then got a curious message saying that I had sold my ground (which i don't own) and that whilst my new stadium is being built (to be called Vauxhall stadium) I will ground share with Vauxhall (I manage Vauxhall so am I going to share with myself?!?) and where will I share at? Well they say at Vauxhall Stadium (my new ground ?!?!?). I started the premier League season playing at the default Vauxhall ground, Rivacre Park, which is 3,000 capacity with just 766 seats. In the Championship I had sold out every week for 2 years as my average attandance in the league was full capacity. Bizarely, I've now played 2 games in the Premier League and each time my crowd has been just 766, the teams were WBA and Everton (surely local rivals). Now the 766 is also my seating capacity.

Therefore it appears that you can only use the seats if you are in the Premier League and I'm going to be limited to 766 every league game, but then use capacity in the Cups! Roll on Vauxhall stadium and 17,750!

the deision in scotland to stop forcing teams to have a min 10,000 in SPL was taken after falkirk and inverness both won promotion but didnt have the criteria, one got allowed in the other had to wait, this made livingston go up in arms as when they were formed they deliberately made their stadia 10,001! its now 6,000 in SPL i believe as there are teams that couldnt fill 10,000 even against the Old Firm.

Ground size regulations aren't implemented in-game.

I had a save with Alicante and their stadium was 4,000 towards the end of the season I asked the board to expand the stadium and it was soundly rejected. Then when I got promoted to Liga BBVA the board expanded the stadium by 6,000 seats to meet the League regulations.

I think forcing a stadium to be upgraded is taking realism too far. The reason it was taken out was because it punished over-achievers. This is one of those occasions when realism is bad.

I think for those that strive for realism in a management simulation it's perfectly acceptable that you can only take certain clubs so far before you hit a plateau, whereby you either ditch for a bigger club, or put up with the stagnant years while you improve infrastructure. No pain, no gain.

I think the game needs some more options to "turn off" this kind of limiting factor (and other realistic inhibitors) that alienate some gamers, and let those that enjoy them got on with it.

28 seats? What was the cost? They'd have been cheaper going down IKEA and getting some deck chairs :D

This is beacuse they can't expand more because their is a train station around stadium. If you are manager of Chelsea and you ask board to expand they won't get work(bulid) permit to expand stadium you can only get bigger stadium if you ask them after second season to build a new one...

Archived