Both Club and International

Now im sure many of you have had this problem.

I am currently Man Utd manager in season 2016/17 and Stuart Pearce used to call up at least 10 of my players for the England squad everytime. Pearce then got the sack after going out of the World Cup in the group stages so I applied and was offered the job.

So now im the manager of England and when I call up around 12/13 of my players every time it comes out in the press that people are unhappy and think im being biased calling up my players, even though they are the better English players and deserve to be in the squad. Its really frustrating and just wondered whether anyone knows a way round this.

Although it wont be for too much longer as im planning on taking a League 2 job and leaving my United post. Just waiting for a club that really intrigues me and I want to join and help - maybe a fallen top flighted team or the opposite a conference team.

Man U vs the World :D

Call up the 11 - 12 and the pick 13/14 others that don't play for you.

That way only 48% of the squad is man u players, or something along those lines.

I also think that if you're the English manager and manager of United and you take a lower league club job offer you shouldn't be English manager anymore.

I can't imagine a League 2 boss being England manager.

Yeah I understand where you are coming from with a League 2 manager being England manager at the same time, maybe ill leave both and then try to work myself back up to get the job again in the future.

Anyone else had a save game similar where being the biggest team in the country got boring and looked elsewhere for a challenge?

For anyone interested I started the game unemployed then after 1 and a half seasons took the leicester job - ending the season mid table before ending 2nd the following season. Days after the playoff final was played Man Utd offered me the job which I took deserting Leicester leaving them to drop out the league (they now have been taken over by a tycoon and are one of the richest clubs) and the rest is history as they say.

I also think that if you're the English manager and manager of United and you take a lower league club job offer you shouldn't be English manager anymore.

I can't imagine a League 2 boss being England manager.

Archived