Managing the Team you Support?

Am I the only one who thinks it's boring as hell?

I Started off as Chelsea in 09.Did it for about a day-If that.Got bored of it.

Went Newcastle United and won 10 CL's 10 FAC's 10 League Titles 10 League Cups and 10 Charity Shields as well as a Few super cups and World Club Cups.I also made it to Number one in the Hall of Fame.

Started off as Chelsea in FM2010.Did it for about a week.Got Sacked.Had a few others including Barca and Man City

Now i'm Bury.Won the JPT and 3rd in the League :)

I'd have great fun if I managed Leeds. But I never do.

I get sick of the English leauges too quickly. I much prefer Spain and Italy. Sometimes I'll start in South America.

It's good to see how other countries leagues work. I can then amaze my friends down the pub with my knowledge of transfer systems in other countries :D

I don't manage Arsenal very often purely because there are too many players there I like, that wouldn't fit into my system or plain aren't good enough. Whilst it is only a computer game, the affection I have for these players in real life prevents me from selling them, so I tend to go with either a struggling prem side or Swansea City (my second team).

I'm a Leeds fan and i even find managing them gets boring in the long run. I always play as York, as its nearby and i like the place, and it's more enjoyable to get them to the summit of English and European football.

A few loans like Kakuta and jutkiewicz and it's easy to race up the leagues, the premier league is a different kettle of fish where the lower reputation and pittance of a transfer budget really becomes obvious.

I've always wanted to try Managing Leeds.Never got round to it though.I'll manage them if my Bury One goes tits up.

I don't think I could do it, I'd be too said to let Neil Kilkenny and the boys go when I got to the higher leagues :(

I've always started doing it since 07, though as it encompassed the whole of 09 main save (with no long-term alternate save) and a lot of what I managed to get out of 08, having experienced other places after the customary stint on 10 I've decided that from now on I'll stop doing it.

I always start my first game as Rapid Wien, it´s a blast and miles away from being boring. However, before i can really enjoy a game in austria i need to edit the database, austria needs a complete overhaul, to make it a: more challenging, and b: make austria a little bit better, league standart, youth, finances, attendences.

For years i was hoping for the option to add the 3rd divisions, finally FM10 made excately that possible. Doing the editor routine now takes considerably longer, but it´s worth every hour that goes into it.

I now have the perfect Austria game running, a dream come true. While the officials in austria are still discussing whether they should increase the premier league to 16 teams i`m already playing it.

I cant do it, losing winds me up to much as it is, would go mental losing with a team I support

Im an Arsenal fan and always try to get Seaman Winterburn Keowm Parlour etc as my backroom staff as well as get a few ex Arsenal players, then let them have my players for abit less than other clubs, shame they dont return the favour lol

I always start as Arsenal Team I support. Try follow simliar path to Wenger and concreate on signing young players and developing them. But have spent big now and again. But like idea trying turn them in best team and breaking Liverpool and Man Utd and other records.

I also have Second manager which would then manager at lower rep club and work way up and moving between leagues.

Currently second manager is managing Ispwich and in 3rd Season got them promoted through playoff's to primiership either know only meant to get mid table. But budget very low and had sign loans and free signings mostly.

I've started to support teams in game (don't follow them IRL because of FM).

Used to be Rochdale then Chesterfield.

Now it's Truro, but I still have a soft spot for Chesterfield. I'm planning to start a save with them when 10.3 comes out.

This came about because I found it rather boring playing as Liverpool.

I've never done it, probably because I enjoy taking a club all the way from the bottom to the top.

Maybe I'll get a chance to next season with Pompey :(

I normally start unemployed and try and do the same by managing my way to the top. However, when I try a game with Tranmere, fail miserably and take them down to League Two. Then bizarrely I feel like I can't take another job on as I've not earnt the right to manage a League Two side compared to my normal games where I've had to work to get there. It's the same reason I never manage Premier League sides unless I've got there on merit.

Well, I have managed Atalanta Bergamo each year and I've had fun in the game. Curiously though, my longest career games have always been with clubs from lower leagues that I have built myself through the decades. It's certainly more fun that way and some of those saves kept me playing for 50-100 years, while I've never spent more than 10 years with Atalanta.

I always have one game as Sunderland the team I support and it's great. I think you might find it boring due to Chelsea being so good. Managing the team you support is great if they haven't won anything in real life as not I can make Sunderland the team the I wish they were in real life.

I always have one game as Sunderland the team I support and it's great. I think you might find it boring due to Chelsea being so good. Managing the team you support is great if they haven't won anything in real life as not I can make Sunderland the team the I wish they were in real life.

Same again, but with Newcastle. There is a bit more longevity in a Newcastle save this year as first you have to get them up without becoming bankrupt, then you have to build again to try to get to the top.

I have never even considered managing a team I don't support. The joy of succeeding with the team in your heart is the closest thing to a real life victory you can get. When I beat my rivals I sit with a stupid smile on my face and get a huge feeling of satisfaction...!

I went Man Utd on 08 and 09 as I support them and they were the only team i could have a proper save with. Any time I tried to start a game at some other teams i got bored really quickly. This year though i was determined to try and have a save where i was not Man Utd manager and have managed to stick with it for 7 seasons so far.

The only team i can play with is Liverpool really, im into my 3rd season with them. In the previous game they were usually the only team i wanted to go.

Icant really get into a game if i go anybody else. However i am trying my hand at Notts Forest, and also have saves at Newcastle and a club ive created

Thanks to Superbladesman's Non-league dataset, I have had a crack at managing Lancaster (waiting for the latest data update to have another go, now I've reevaluated this season's new players), and it was quite fun, especially as we have five cups to enter, and I enjoy managing in knock-out games.

My other team is Everton, who are normally my first game every year- I can get used to the new version of the game with player's I'm familiar with.

I think it just depends on who u support if you support a big team then it myt not be as interesting as someone's game who is a small club.

For example i'm a rangers fan but i tend to go teams like dundee and livingston and queen's park, as i find them more of a challenge.

Cambridge United - taken them from BSP to CC Championship.

No, not boring at all.

Good man, I've done exactly the same with the U's so far (even saw the Scum relegated from the CCC last day of my first season up :D), but struggling to get any higher.

I Can't do it

I'm a Barnsley supporter but managing them on FM is hard work, i know that i have to improve the squad but im just too reluctant to sell off my favourite players, especially for the pittance that usually gets offered so i ultimately fail

Going to try Italy next, maybe a Serie B side, always had a soft spot for Levante too in Spain

Definitely, I cannot wait to get rid of some crap players in Liverpool and install some I love. but sometimes u see the challenges quite predictable and want sth different.

so end up I start with my other favorite clubs like parma, werder bremen, real betis and then later join liverpool.

Now I start with parma and hope to build the team into powerhouse and expand the stadium

btw, think we should have more than one team when choose favorite clubs.

Archived