Anyone Still Play Fm07

I've gone back to this game after failing to get Fm10 to work and I never really liked 08/09. I forgotten how much I love this game and i've patched to 7.02 and have started a career style game with the followin leagues loaded:

England (Down to Blue Square Premier)

France (Down to National)

Germany (Down to Second Division)

Italy (Down to Serie C1)

Holland (Down to First Division)

N.Ire (Down to Second Division)

Portugal (Down to Liga de Honra)

Scotland (Down to Third Division)

Spain (Down to Liga BBVA)

Wales (Premier League Only)

Started unemployed and with a rep of Sunday League footballer and started with Burghausen in July 2006. Anyone still playing this classic?

From what I remember FM07 gets really slow after only a short while, hurt career games.

"Slow" is really down to the user, the OP has only chosen around half the amount of leagues that I normally load and I find the speed perfectly acceptable. Plus FM07 is one of the quicker versions of FM (apart from the load/save game times).

Edit: Just about to reinstall it myself. Been hopping between 07, 08 and 10 recently, and can't seem to settle down.

Still playing a long career game with Hereford I'm in the difficult second premiership season trying to stay up with a stadium capacity of 12000 and all the money going to build a new ground.

07 is a very good game but suffers from the problems with newgen creation that have always dogged the game and still do.

The only thing that would stop me playing an older version like FM07 is the fact it's nigh-on impossible to sell players. I loved FM07 more than my dear old mother but you couldn't give players away, let alone get a fee for them.

I still play FM07.

Never got to Fm08 and FM09. Though Fm10 is still to wow me and expecting for thrid patch but I'm not hopeful though.

I have four long term games with one of them with a friend of mine that the English teams the Like of Arsenal is headache for both of us.

If I ever yearn for simpler times I get out Champ manager 01/02, possibly the best balance between gameplay and depth SI ever achieved.

I would say the something, but CM01\02 didn't have the 2D view of the match. In FM series FM07 is the one that has the most well balanced, real game in the series.

More To the point,How did you get so many countries to work on your PC?

You must have a pretty powerful PC?

That's not very much though. o.o

My computer is what you'd call powerful, and it runs with everything loaded without excessive loading times. :p

FM 07 is the best fm ever

i've just played it yesterday

i thought i was the only one :D

i started my 1st season with Milan and now i am in year 2023

i seriously didnt play fm 08 or fm 09 becuz i was too addicted to fm 07 and to attached to my save in fm 07 :D

Well my first season with Burghausen didn't go well. We were knocked out of The German Cup in the first round by Offenbach. We were bottom of the league at the winter break but some loan signings in January from Bayern Munich enabled me to get up the table. It all came to the last day where Koblenz and Offenbach had to lose and we had to win. We won but Koblenz won and we went down. I resigned quickly before I got the sack and have now taken over Bishop Stortford in the Conference National (Premier). I have been expected to avoid relegation.

Does anyone remeber how to change the shortcut to alter the fullscreen mode resolution? I had to format my drive recently and lost this information.

Thanx in advance!!!

Mine is looking like this (I changed mine to 1280x800)

-fullscreen_height=800 -fullscreen_width=1280

Hey Jirki88,

what your pc spec? :)

I'm running Win7 64bit... Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8400 (3,00 3,00) GHz, 8 GB RAM (DDR3), NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (512mb memory) graphics card.

Running every league in FM10 loaded, some 300k+ players plus maximum possible amount of custom leagues too. :p

I'm actually in the midst of installing 07 right now. I'm getting bored of waiting for the new patch, so I found this game just lying around that a friend gave me a few years ago. I never bothered to play since at the time, 08 was coming out in a few weeks. Is there any 'fake inc.' type files I need to delete in this one? Who are the bargain buys?

If SI when FM08 second patch had the correction of subs for the english league and I asked them to do the same for FM07 and said there was no longer any support for FM07 once FM08 was released, I pretty much guessed that a league editor would be impossible. Because not only they had to do for FM07, but they were obliged to do for Fm08 and FM09.

What I was pretending was to see what people reactions for what if SI did one for FM07.

I've discussed the league editor for FM07 with people on here before (I currently edit and play both FM07 and FM08, here's my updates thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3502281#post3502281) and it's something we'd love to have, me personally for my updates. :)

I love FM07, FM08 and FM10 and alternate playing the 3. I've got a vote up currently in my thread about which one(s) I should continue/start editing, though I've been keeping tabs on the 'best CM/FM' thread too for a large-scale answer to that question.

Judging from that, it seems FM07 and FM10 are arguably the most popular of the FM games, I certainly have no qualms over playing and editing either. :D

Though FM07 has always had that brilliant blend of fun and realism and was one of the most bug-free games in the entire series IMO.

Ohh, I already know how much you love FM07, grade. :D

Rightly too mind, all it's missing are those coach reports from '08.. :D

Well i can see few things that was on newer releases that could bring more enjoyment one of them Being the League editor and the coach thing you mentioned.

Started a new Eastbourne Borough game on it right now. One of the things I love about FM07 that no other version does (as far as I know), is that even when you load just the top 1 or 2 leagues in a nation, it still loads the players from the leagues you didn't select from that nation. Compared with 8, 9 and 10, which only load the players from the leagues you selected.

Well i can see few things that was on newer releases that could bring more enjoyment one of them Being the League editor and the coach thing you mentioned.

Lordy, how could I forget the editor! :eek: yeah, that is certainly a fantastic addition to the series.

I love the ass. man and scout 'advice'-type reports you get in FM10 too. They're usually helpful as well, telling you where your side is weakest/strongest, who's a good replacement and then during the season you get constant updates on who'd be best training what and 'this guy would be a good coach/scout/etc.', I certainly find it helpful as someone who doesn't spend the majority of my time on those sections of the game.

I enjoy scouting players and I ocassionally fiddle with tactics, but it's nice when a game makes you feel like your staff are doing their jobs and actively giving you assistance and advice. :D The assistant feedback during games is a very helpful feature like this too.

Of course all this extra 'depth' comes at a speed price; FM07 was the last game in the series that had the CM-like speed in both performance and in mentality. It had great depth, but also it was immensely fun and accessable.

I personally loved FM08, but when I play it now I can see things (even something as simple as extra drop-down menus in the UI) that started the increase in features and complexity in the series, that is both good and bad.

Often it's still nice to go back to FM07 with it's superior, simple interface and great ME.

Currently I'm still alternating between FM10 and FM07 though, but I expect my time to be spent more in the editors soon. :D

Started a new Eastbourne Borough game on it right now. One of the things I love about FM07 that no other version does (as far as I know), is that even when you load just the top 1 or 2 leagues in a nation, it still loads the players from the leagues you didn't select from that nation. Compared with 8, 9 and 10, which only load the players from the leagues you selected.

I'll have to check that out, don't think I've ever noticed it before as I always play games and test my edits with all leagues in England selected. Sounds like a great feature :D

Archived