audio commentry in future

A no from me, the noise gets annoying and repetitive and many ppl play music or go online at the same time so it would simply get in the way. Again this is something close to a non managment sim (Fifa, Pro) although its less restrictive and could be applied to a management sim. However I would not want it and feel that SI should spend their time on more important matters that improve the game than adding these areas that are not really necessary.

I used to love it on CM2 I think it was.

Yeah, originally on CM2 with the commentary provided by Clive Tyldesley.

Seem to remember that there was always a little pause when he was describing a shot on goal, just to build the tension, before telling you how your star striker had rolled the ball agonoisingly wide. . . .

No for me. I dont miss commentary on this game. If i want to hear some poor commentary that is very inaccurate i will go on FIFA. Next people are going to want to play their games. Im perfectly happy with the word commentary and the view. As someone else said im always listening to music while playing my FM Career.

Obvoiusly he doesnt mean poor commentary... Obvoiusly he means some form of commentary that would enhance the game experience. It is also very hard to implement, the EA franchises have been trying for years and its still pretty bad... NBA2k10, a basketball game, has very good commentary and game ambience. I believe they update the commentary with new stuff every couple of weeks which always keeps it fresh. I can understand FM is far from this and if they decide to implement something like this I'll totally be up for it!

Also an option to turn it off would always be included for people like you aza/jsolloso don't you worry!

As one of those people who is as crazy about music as he is FM, I wouldn't use commentary even if it was available as I usually listen to music while I'm playing. I even drew up a Football Manager playlist once!

Real managers don't have the benefit (if it is a benefit) of commentary anyway.

I've been thinking about the audio and commentary for a while now. Along with all the other crazy ideas I've been having to enhance my experience of playing the game.

I was thinking that audio packs could be released each month, or with each patch or something. These are then stored on your computer - or online - or something.

This way you'll build up you audio and commentary collection. Then after a while the audio and commentary would differ greatly depending on how many audio banks you've got.

In all my years of CM/FM, I think I have had the sound on once for about 30 seconds so a no from me.

Is that because there's no sounds worth having on? I'd love audio commentary (so long as it could be turned off), it has the potential to add so much to the game if properly implemented with improving 3D graphics.

One of the things that appeals to me about FM is that I can multi task and play it while watching TV or listening to music. For this reason I always have the sound turned off. I don't even know what sorts of sounds FM even has, they could be out of this world and I'd still turn them off.

I really think the audio will be added but when the 3d is super good , there is no point adding commmentary to the current 3d system as it will not go well due to the low graphics ...

Maybe when FM has FIFA style 3d gameplay for Matchplay that is when we can see audio ..

Somebody (I think his user name was Trey) made an audio commentary pack for either FM07 or FM08. I think he "borrowed" a lot of the commentary files from that year's FIFA. I never downloaded it myself but people who did said it was actually OK. Don't think he has posted on here for a couple of years though.

Archived