the match engine isn't random enough

You score, then you struggle, then computer AI scores a late equalizer. Your strikers miss countless sitters, then one of your midfielders or defenders comes up and scores a 30 yard screamer. You get a key injury just before an important game (i.e. when you play a rival club or an important Champions League qualifier). Players don't reflect their abilities enough (it's as if it's not the actual players that count)

These things happen nearly all the time. It's not random enough. Seems too one dimensional. No offence but kinda boring at times.

Isnt this what happens in real life, a team scores and the opp tries to score a goal and has happened numerous times at the end of the game with a screamer. Injuries are the same, any player can get injred before important games and again has happened numerous times before.

Think SI has it spot on. Maybe not 'absolutely' spot on but imo pretty close

Isnt this what happens in real life, a team scores and the opp tries to score a goal and has happened numerous times at the end of the game with a screamer. Injuries are the same, any player can get injred before important games and again has happened numerous times before.

Think SI has it spot on. Maybe not 'absolutely' spot on but imo pretty close

The ME needs work. It doesnt happen all the time irl. Some games are pretty clearcut however in FM those games are usually in favour of the AI. Unless you buy the players the game seems to want you to buy you will struggle or lose, irrelevant of tactics before anyone starts suggestion that old excuse. It needs work, its not perfect, its not awful but it does need tweaking.

Hows about overhead kicks? Hows about the ball hitting the underside of the crossbar? And when a player shoots, I'd like to see the ball hitting off the ground and heading into the top corner. I'd like to see players round the goalie more often (my third season and I haven't seen the selfish strikers do this in this version). I'd like to see players lob more often. I'd like to see players able to slide tackle the ball into the net.

In short, It's just boring seeing the same goals nearly all the time

Hows about overhead kicks? Hows about the ball hitting the underside of the crossbar? And when a player shoots, I'd like to see the ball hitting off the ground and heading into the top corner. I'd like to see players round the goalie more often (my thrird season and I've haven't seen the selfish strikers do this in this version). I'd like to see players lob more often. I'd like to see players slide tackle the ball into the net.

Overhead kicks? Seen it.

Underside of the bar? Seen it.

Bouncing off the ground and up into net? Seen it.

Round keeper? Seen it.

Lobs? Seen it.

Tell you what, why don't you start yet another thread whinging about FM, don't think you've got enough yet.

Honestly, if you don't like it and it would seem from all your posts that you don't, then just don't play it and don't keep opening new threads.

Hows about overhead kicks? Hows about the ball hitting the underside of the crossbar? And when a player shoots, I'd like to see the ball hitting off the ground and heading into the top corner. I'd like to see players round the goalie more often (my third season and I haven't seen the selfish strikers do this in this version). I'd like to see players lob more often. I'd like to see players slide tackle the ball into the net.

Overhead kicks do happen. I do agree that lobs and going around the keeper should be more frequent but they happen.

Overhead kicks? Seen it.

Underside of the bar? Seen it.

Bouncing off the ground and up into net? Seen it.

Round keeper? Seen it.

Lobs? Seen it.

Tell you what, why don't you start yet another thread whinging about FM, don't think you've got enough yet.

Honestly, if you don't like it and it would seem from all your posts that you don't, then just don't play it and don't keep opening new threads.

Post screenshots then. Prove that you don't score the same goal (the just shoot goal) in nearly everty match.

You hardly ever ever ever see any of the above. My point was: not enough randomness

Post screenshots then. Prove that you don't score the same goal (the just shoot goal) in nearly everty match.

Why do you always require proof that someone is telling the truth?

You hardly ever ever ever see any of the above. My point was: not enough randomness

And I have to agree with Edgar's point here:

Tell you what' date=' why don't you start yet another thread whinging about FM, don't think you've got enough yet.

Honestly, if you don't like it and it would seem from all your posts that you don't, then just don't play it and don't keep opening new threads.[/quote']

You've made your point so many times, John, it's getting boring.

Why do you always require proof that someone is telling the truth?

And I have to agree with Edgar's point here:

You've made your point so many times, John, it's getting boring.

I'm not on here to argue with trolls.

Anyway.....

And the ref should be able to get in the way of the ball. And maybe players should have the ability to hold a grudge against players who injure them during a game?

And fans should be able to get banned for causing trouble (I've seen empty stadiums because of this IRL)

I'm not on here to argue with trolls.

Anyway.....

And the ref should be able to get in the away of the ball. And maybe players should hold a grudge against players who injury them during a game?

*laughs* Yeah, and yet I'm not the one creating threads complaining about the same thing each time, and calling anyone who disagrees with my opinion a troll. :rolleyes:

Archived