Is it (ever going to be) possible to Add a Playable League Mid-Game?

E.g. At the start I only loaded England as a playable nation - Say I have won everything in England as Man United and want a new challenge by managing an up and coming Team in either Spain (Mallorca) or Italy (Parma), it would be grea to be able to do this without having to Start a new game.

I don't think this is possible now? It would be great to be able to do this for future versions?

If I'm on my own on this, let me know!!

I dont see the point in this. Plan ahead.

You don't see the point? Lack of processing power on the computer seems like a perfectly valid point to me. The game might run horrendously slowly with, for example, the English, Spanish and Italian leagues all enabled...so you start off with just the English leagues enabled. There's every possibility that you'll never leave to go to Spain/Italy so you don't want the processing of those leagues to bog down your computer's speed to begin with. If you've had a good game that's gone on for several seasons, would you really want to have to start a brand new game just so you can play in La Liga because you didn't want to sit around for hours every time you clicked on "Continue"?

You don't see the point? Lack of processing power on the computer seems like a perfectly valid point to me. The game might run horrendously slowly with, for example, the English, Spanish and Italian leagues all enabled...so you start off with just the English leagues enabled. There's every possibility that you'll never leave to go to Spain/Italy so you don't want the processing of those leagues to bog down your computer's speed to begin with. If you've had a good game that's gone on for several seasons, would you really want to have to start a brand new game just so you can play in La Liga because you didn't want to sit around for hours every time you clicked on "Continue"?

Running every lg from every country takes me about 20 hours on a 3.2 ghz core duo 2 gb ram pc.

If someone has a distinct lack of RAM, then their pc isn't able to run the game, simple as that.

I also have a 2.5 ghz 500 mb ram pc, and the game simply won't play on it at all. So it seems to be a ram question rather than a processing one, in which case, if you want to add more leagues at start of game, add more ram to your pc. These days, even 2 gb ram is not a lot.

Been someone who is running all the english and dutch leagues, I have found a valid point for this and would find it useful when getting international jobs, for example in my game, I am managing in the dutch league but got given the Bosnia job then the Norway job, it would of been handy to add the relevant league so I get aload of players, because picking a national squad for 79 not very good players isnt really going to work. Then when I get offered a proper international job remove the league because I wouldnt want to manage there.

But I also understand that this would be really hard to do, as the default database for each nation would be out of date.

I hope so too. I know, plan ahead etc. But my laptop i hit, if my game startes running slowly I might want to remove a league or two to speed it up. Then If I go to manage in a certain country, I could huffle the leaguse around again so the country I'm in has sufficient depth. The last FM/CM I was able to run every country on was 01/02 haha.

What you fire up a new savegame you're creating an FM closed universe. The AI can only work with the data you've fed into it. It isn't possible to tack on an alternative universe; the extra league has no history, no transfers, no development - at best it would massively distort the balance of the universe you've existed within since the beginning of FM time.

[Forgive me, I'm going through all the Doctor Who episodes I haven't seen since I was 2 years old!]

What you fire up a new savegame you're creating an FM closed universe. The AI can only work with the data you've fed into it. It isn't possible to tack on an alternative universe; the extra league has no history, no transfers, no development - at best it would massively distort the balance of the universe you've existed within since the beginning of FM time.

[Forgive me, I'm going through all the Doctor Who episodes I haven't seen since I was 2 years old!]

I've always thought the game should eventually be able to quickly simulate the "missing" part of your league, in a similar way to virtual fixtures, for example.

Archived