Former club bias

I've recently moved clubs within the Championship, from Plymouth, to Middlesbrough who were underachieving and way off a play-off spot. My Plymouth team were expected to fight bravely against relegation but were sitting comfortably in mid-table when i left.

Now, when I left they promoted a member of the coaching staff to manager (one that I'd hired!) and all of a sudden: Wham! They're tanking it up the league, putting 3 - 5 goals past any unfortunate team that may cross their path home or away, including the league's best.

Fair enough, I had brought in a couple of premier league quality loans etc but this is a bit much. I can't believe that they are actually that good.

Anyhow, my question is, has anyone else moved within the same league and found that their former club begins to perform unrealistically well? I'm just wondering if there is perhaps a small bias towards your former club in the ME (or maybe I should just suck it up and accept they are better than i'd thought!)

Perhaps your tactics are in question?

Well I was expecting that, but not that quick! I agree on the face of it that's what it looks like, but I just find it coincidentally strange that they're now on a 100% 10 (ish) game winning streak with an unknown manager with no former experience.

Yes - yanking your chain.

You can try this.

Ask your assistant to pick the team.

take a quick screen shot and save it somewhere.

Then deselect all the players.

Go on Holiday for the game, and leave the option for picking the team up to the Assistant Manager.

Check out what players the play compared to what you've asked for in advice!

The team choice differs.

Be interested to know if you have similar findings.

Its not tactics. That is the excuse dished out anytime you queston anything odd within the game results. There are a number of tactics in these forums created by users that work irrelevant of the team or the knowledge of the person, so its not tactics. There is a clear bias within the game, the same system that should you become legend removes you should you leave. Its as if the AI with a human manager slows him down at least in the short-term and if the AI takes over the human team it suddenly kicks in. Try holiday mode and you'll notice that your team will perform better than when you dont holiday, at least if you're on a losing run.

Archived