Future ways to view matches!

What view would like to watch the match  

141 members have voted

1. 1. What view would like to watch the match

• Ref Cam (through refs eyes)
    • Player Cam (through players eyes)
    • Linesman Cam (through linesman eyes)
    • Position cam (follow linesman, refs, players of your choice or follow the ball)
    • Option 4 with 360 control?
    • View from Dugout
    • 360 control of view (with zoom etc.)
    • Replays with distance and speed of goals
    • Replay with dif view (so 2D view (or commentary) switches to Touchline 3D for example)
    • None of the above - it's fine the way it is

Yeh just trying to think of ways to make watching a match that bit better. I've always wanted to see a replay where the graphic shows the distance from goal and the speed of the shot.

It can't be that hard to calculate - distance/time and the power of shot relates to players stats, a simple script calculates and places the graphics and text.

I've been thinking about the switching of views for the replay. Boring to see a replay from the same angle, and if you're watching in TV View, you know TV stations show replays from different angles :D

The Ref Cam and Player cam (through eyes) are probably pipe dreams, but I'd love to watch through Agueros eyes as he mazes through players and slots one home! Or spins on the edge of the area and scores a screamer! But again probably a pipe dream.

I know people don't really want FIFA or PES graphics so probably not a popular choice for the masses.

Would like to see the ability to follow a specific player. Say for example if you're interested in signing a player, you go to the match, wouldn't it better to just watch that player than watch the match as a whole?

I've bought 2 new computers in the past just to play FM lol.

I know - sad. Truth is I needed a new computer anyway and FM was the perfect excuse.

I know SI did a study to see what resolution computer screens people used and it turned out a lot of players played on 13 or 15 inch screens, which made changing the game interface a bit limited. So I don't want to alienate people either, which is why the options are there.

See what people prefer and if there's enough interest perhaps the views could be done in 2 or 3 versions down the road. Or even implement one or two new views, like a follow player/ref/linesman option or the dugout view.

But you know - some not too unrealistic views to choose from too.

Dugout view is probably the most obvious addition since this is a Manager game. However just like your other thread player cam is not something inherent to FM since this is a Manager game and not a first person player game or spectator game. This is not Fifa, Pro or Joe Madden. So stop trying to turn it into that because many ppl wont be interested.

The people want what the people want. If you don't like the poll suggestions there is "None of the above" option

As I said in the other thread too

But you cannot see the whole pitch in real life, from an elevated angle either. There is no dug out view. There's no option for that.

And in real life managers don't have a 2d interactive overview of the pitch.

If they're going for real life experience playing the game they need to remove the 2d overview and all other views and put you in the technical area pacing up and down viewing the game from what a manager really sees.

I'm up in the commentary box for most games. I can see my bench from about 150 yards away, which isn't realistic either.

this is a Manager game and not a first person player game or spectator game. This is not Fifa, Pro or Joe Madden. So stop trying to turn it into that because many ppl wont be interested.

Nobody is saying to put in super realistic graphics. Or to make it like fifa or joe madden graphics.

Just a few additional options to view the game.

Like a real manager can actually go back and watch a replay of a goal from TV angles, so why not put in those angles during the game play?

The options are really

1. Do you want some uber control of what you see on match day
  2. Some more realistic views, like dugout
  3. Or it's fine

Just to see what people want from the game and their experience.

Nobody is even saying that SI games is going to view this thread and hit the ground running with all new camera angles.

This is just to see what's popular and what people would prefer.

And you clearly prefer not having them :D which is fine.

The people want what the people want. If you don't like the poll suggestions there is "None of the above" option

And as I said in the other thread you cant force ppl to like your ideas. Ppl have never wanted player cam, that is what Fifa and Pro are all about not FM. This is and has always been a management game, ppl like that. Over time it has expanded and improved but its core is still a management game. If you prefer a player based game then head off to play those two I mentioned. Your poll intended for whatever means is still your way of enforcing the game to be how you want it. Most ppl still play 2D, others like 3D, I see more logic in improving these than adding a senseless feature that does nothing to the management side of the game which is what makes most ppl but it in the first place.

Nobody is saying to put in super realistic graphics. Or to make it like fifa or joe madden graphics.

Just a few additional options to view the game.

Like a real manager can actually go back and watch a replay of a goal from TV angles, so why not put in those angles during the game play?

The options are really

1. Do you want some uber control of what you see on match day
  2. Some more realistic views, like dugout
  3. Or it's fine

Just to see what people want from the game and their experience.

Nobody is even saying that SI games is going to view this thread and hit the ground running with all new camera angles.

This is just to see what's popular and what people would prefer.

And you clearly prefer not having them :D which is fine.

If you want the manager to go and watch highlights on a tv why not get SI to ask MOTD if they mind adding their programme to the ME? In fact why not go the whole way and create FMTV. Its a ludicrous suggestion imo. A manager goes on the trainin field, selects a team and agonises during 90-95mins. At no stage does he enjoy watching a game or considers seeing what his star player sees, be it scratching himself or falling over. I like the dugout view, that is it really. I would not however put in dugout view and remove any other view. I would rather SI concentrate on improving transfers, training and data info side of the game which is after all what a management game is all about.

And as I said in the other thread you cant force ppl to like your ideas. Ppl have never wanted player cam, that is what Fifa and Pro are all about not FM. This is and has always been a management game, ppl like that. Over time it has expanded and improved but its core is still a management game. If you prefer a player based game then head off to play those two I mentioned. Your poll intended for whatever means is still your way of enforcing the game to be how you want it. Most ppl still play 2D, others like 3D, I see more logic in improving these than adding a senseless feature that does nothing to the management side of the game which is what makes most ppl but it in the first place.

I'm not forcing anyone to like my ideas - there's a None option - it's a democratic poll not a draconian poll.

I'm sorry - but you don't speak for everyone

The poll is not to enforce the game on how I want it - ok it is a little. I have ideas and want to see if other people are in agreement or disagreement.

I have another poll on this forum about what views people watch from

51% watch from 2D

51% watch main stand

others prefer touchline etc.

So to say that most people watch 2D is inaccurate, I've conducted a poll and have the study right here on this forum with the exact findings.

Sorry you don't agree that the 3D views need to be enhanced, or that you don't want them enhanced. I'd ask you to please don't try speak for everyone.

This is a poll to study what opinions are.

If people don't want it then the poll will reflect that.

If people do want it then the poll will reflec that.

Ultimately it's up to SI to decide if they improve or abandon the 3D.

Again, sorry you don't agree. But you're the only one forcing your opinions here by insisting that "Ppl have never wanted player cam"

You can't say that - that's trying to speak for everyone. Let them have their say and vote on the poll and have their own ideas.

That's all this is, an idea.

I'm not forcing anyone to like my ideas - there's a None option - it's a democratic poll not a draconian poll.

I'm sorry - but you don't speak for everyone

The poll is not to enforce the game on how I want it - ok it is a little. I have ideas and want to see if other people are in agreement or disagreement.

I have another poll on this forum about what views people watch from

51% watch from 2D

51% watch main stand

others prefer touchline etc.

So to say that most people watch 2D is inaccurate, I've conducted a poll and have the study right here on this forum with the exact findings.

Sorry you don't agree that the 3D views need to be enhanced, or that you don't want them enhanced. I'd ask you to please don't try speak for everyone.

This is a poll to study what opinions are.

If people don't want it then the poll will reflect that.

If people do want it then the poll will reflec that.

Ultimately it's up to SI to decide if they improve or abandon the 3D.

Again, sorry you don't agree. But you're the only one forcing your opinions here by insisting that "nobody would want it!"

Stop chucking your toys out of the pram. Your study is non existant since it is a random poll of whoever bothers to reply and you're hoping they do so truthfully. SI will not abandon 3D I never that would happen but I dont see them introducing a player type view since this would go against the core nature of the game which is a MANAGEMENT game. It is a SIM type game not a player type game. This is why FM as a game steers clear of certain licensing requirements and does not and never has endorsed the game as a player game but more like a management sim which is what it is. As for the poll, it will only reflect what the ppl who bothered replying want it to reflect. Simple really.

If you're just going to resort to insults then I won't reply to you.

Thanks.

I'm all for improving the way you watch a match in 3D.

Truthfully I'd welcome the Dugout view, but not so much on the Player Cams, although it would be nice and I would enjoy and use them.

I know it's a management game, but that doesn't mean you can't take a break from the tactics side of things and have a different type of fun when playing the game.

I'd also welcome switching views for replays.

As I said earlier in the thread - player cams and such like would be a pipe dream.

The dugout view should've really been in the game from the start of 3D, as it gives a proper view for a manager. Seen as this is a MANAGEMENT game as somebody keeps repeating then thats really the only view we should have along with being able to sit in the stands as managers do that!

Yeh the game should not emulate what a manager sees. If it did then real football managers would use the game :D, remember Simon Davies and Matthew Etherington both signed for Spurs at the same time - coincidence :D

Anyway, it's not FM experience emulator. It's a game for fans of football that enjoy managing the team and tactics and enjoy the game.

So why not give the fans of the game a better way to view the matches?

Never going to satisfy everyone - but that's why the options are there. Pick the option that you like :)

Stop chucking your toys out of the pram. Your study is non existant since it is a random poll of whoever bothers to reply and you're hoping they do so truthfully. SI will not abandon 3D I never that would happen but I dont see them introducing a player type view since this would go against the core nature of the game which is a MANAGEMENT game. It is a SIM type game not a player type game. This is why FM as a game steers clear of certain licensing requirements and does not and never has endorsed the game as a player game but more like a management sim which is what it is. As for the poll, it will only reflect what the ppl who bothered replying want it to reflect. Simple really.

All you really had to do was to choose "None of the above, it's fine as it is".

As for the sentence, it'll only reflect what the people who bothered replying - line.....it's exactly the same with you trying to speak for the many people you mentioned, as well.

You only speak for the people, who's reading/replying to this thread, that has the exact same opinion as yourself.

Something i would find quite extraordinary.

Anyways...... back to the OPs poll, and on topic.

I would love a dugout view. As some others mentioned. I think it really should've been in there in the first place when they introduced 3D.

After all, it is a management game (simulator), so that view could probably have been a default view (arguably).

Wouldn't mind a 360° view. Could be fun.

Archived