quick poll for school work? ok if you dont want to write down

i was just wondering how old people are on this forum. because it seems weird to me that adults play this. not saying that because your adults u cant have fun. just that i spend so much time playing it cus i am a student and dont have responsibilties. so i decided to do a poll

so could you please tell me your age and how long u hav been playing.

thankicon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was just wondering how old people are on this forum. because it seems weird to me that adults play this. not saying that because your adults u cant have fun. just that i spend so much time playing it cus i am a student and dont have responsibilties. so i decided to do a poll

so could you please tell me your age and how long u hav been playing.

thankicon_biggrin.gif

27 now been playing since i was 12/13 - started with premier manager on the Sega Megadrive then progressed onto CM2 and been playing CM/FM since then.

Never really was aproblem being addicted to it back then though living at home with my parents and playing it from the moment i came home from work.

Prooves more of a problem now though having my own place and trying to play it whilst pretending to listen to my wife to be planning our wedding!

20; started with CM3 in the heady days where Robbie Keane waas at Wolves and Coventry City could qualify for europe with Darrenen Huckerby banging them in.

I like the fact that at the moment it's people at work or students at home replying atm. Wait for the little uns to get back from school icon_biggrin.gif

19. Been playing since FM 07. First I ever heard.

I did play on the yahoo one where you managed a team in the bottom league and tried to get to the top leagues, but got bored rather quickly seeing how you can do your research on the other team and tells you what formation beats what, it was a rock paper and scissors game, except it told you what the other person was holding.

Looked at Fifa Manager, but then looked at the specs, and decided to look for something that wasn't going to eat my 20 gig hard drive. And came across FM.

The moral of the story? Size doesn't matter. icon_wink.gif

26, started playing at 11 or 12 with CM93, think I have owned every version since.

I would say I play more now than I did at school, it makes a big differnce not living with your Mum, I can stay up as late as I want now.

icon_wink.gif

I would say at least once a week I play till almost 3am.

Guest bryan walters

hi well i must be one of the older members playing as im 42 and been playing since the old cm series.

Heh heh heh...

I'm 54, and I've been playing since CM99/00. I actually started out playing USM98, but then discovered CM the following year. I was coaching a youth team when I started playing, and one of the things I like best about FM now is the way in which tactics have evolved - much more realistic than when I first started playing.

Adults, you will find, need play every bit as much as kids do.

I'm 31 now and I was playing the first Amiga version with fake names back in Robin Hood's day. Ooooh, what a luxury it was to get real names like Darren Rowbottom and Matt Le Tissier (GOD). To think we whine nowadays that the match engine is a bit glitchy!

26 Been playin since 94/95. Used to play premier manager before that.

Livin with the missus now - it does her head in (she calls it looking at dots) thats women for you.

at one point in uni, me and a mate spent an entire month of game time in a 3 month period. We got Cardiff and Swansea to be the best two teams in the world - this was on CM3 - my personal favourite game.

Have bought pretty much every version and do like the latest ones, but cant play as much as id like to.

Been playing for ages now. Probably since the first version on the amiga.

I watch episodes while playing because i dont have enough time for everything. And of curse my gf keeps bugging why im always behind a computer.

Now get of my lawn icon_smile.gif

Kids..sheesh

32, single, homeowner, have 2 dogs. I only recently started playing the FM series, with FM2005 (though it was the US version since I'm a Yank).

With no wife or girlfriend, I have free time to play. Now if I could just avoid having to work so I'd have more time to play...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by james_33:

33 - been playing for 11 years now

God, that sounds like a long time.

Is it just me or is there a hint of an AA meeting about this thread? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, we could stop playing if we wanted to. icon_eek.gif

Archived