Weird buys by top clubs

I have numerus times seen Man Utd splash 21 mil for Kolarev, while they have Patrice Evra, and Kolarov is not playing hence he is sold after the first season. The same goes for other deals, where top clubs pay 20 mil for players they are not using. Also Barca paid 31 mil for Rafael while they still had Dani Alves.

Why not have a more clever AI, letting the CPU clubs buy players for positions they really need.

Well it only mirrors real life.

Benitez spent 20 million for Aquilani to sit on the bench all season long. Plus spent over 10 million for Babel to do the same.

And look at the number of players Real Madrid pay mega bucks for IRL and then never use.

It's all part of the beautiful game :)

Ah well Aqualani was injured for a long-time. Benitez bought a crocked player, but who'd blame him for not risking the guy. He's slowly getting his match fitness back and if that wasn't a confidence shatter, how about playing in a new country at a new club. The guy just needs time to settle in and get his confidence back.

As for Babbel, I don't blame any manager for not playing a player that won't train, turns up late for training, moans on twitter about not playing and then expects to play week in week out. Bentiez didn't spend 10m on a player to have him be a little bitch. :)

But I don't really mind other teams buying players and not playing them. That means another team somewhere is missing a top player. Which makes it handy for me.

Have you ever tried using the editor to release all players from clubs? Man U only seem to buy goalkeepers for the whole season. It spices things up a little. and all the Stoke players end up signing for league 2/1 teams. :)

Have you ever tried using the editor to release all players from clubs? Man U only seem to buy goalkeepers for the whole season. It spices things up a little. and all the Stoke players end up signing for league 2/1 teams. :)

Is there a quick way of releasing ALL players from their contract? For all clubs..

Ah well Aqualani was injured for a long-time. Benitez bought a crocked player, but who'd blame him for not risking the guy. He's slowly getting his match fitness back and if that wasn't a confidence shatter, how about playing in a new country at a new club. The guy just needs time to settle in and get his confidence back.

As for Babbel, I don't blame any manager for not playing a player that won't train, turns up late for training, moans on twitter about not playing and then expects to play week in week out. Bentiez didn't spend 10m on a player to have him be a little bitch. :)

But I don't really mind other teams buying players and not playing them. That means another team somewhere is missing a top player. Which makes it handy for me.

Firstly its silly to release ALL players. Its your game so you can do whatever but its not what would happen IRL. As for you getting better because the AI seems to suffer from intelligence, its not what the game should be about and it makes it too easy after a few seasons. In fact if you build long-term you will end up with the best regens in the game and simply win everything. Likewise play short-term and buy the perfect players to fit into a system and again you'll win it all. That is why you see ppl claiming to win every game and being undefeated. I swear the game had more intelligence in past versions (FM05-06). The problem then was tactics and the ME but this has been worked on and sadly the transfer side is a joke. Not much of a challenge which is why career games are mostly dead which encourages you to buy the next version of the game thereby keeping sales on the up.

Well it only mirrors real life.

Benitez spent 20 million for Aquilani to sit on the bench all season long. Plus spent over 10 million for Babel to do the same.

And look at the number of players Real Madrid pay mega bucks for IRL and then never use.

It's all part of the beautiful game :)

This response gets pulled out whenever someone complains about it (it has existed for many years), but the proportion of silly signings is nothing like it is in real life.

Wasn't his bad attitude obvious before Liverpool signed him, though? Why sign a player if you won't even be able to motivate them to play?

Weird transfers are a major problem imo, Top Clubs buying average players, or 3 players for the same position. etc.. another problem are some leagues with restrictions on foreign players, where most teams will end up with too much foreign players, which they buy as if there exists no limit.

Basically, the managing AI needs to be improved, for a more challenging game and also to improve long term games. This is a major point and should be worked at before fancy graphics or other nice, but not essential, features.

Liverpool signed Ross Wallace from me for £8 million. He started every week in the Premier League for me, but I didn't edit him or anything. Seems odd that out of all the wingers in the world they plumped for Ross Wallace from Preston.

Archived