Respectable League position.

I finally get my Charlton Team promoted after my second Play off Final.

I prepare my self for a relegation battle, which ANY team who goes up by the play off places should expect, heck any team promoted must expect a relegation battle.

But the board inform me they want a Respectable league position..... Isnt this a little unrealistic ?

I mean dont get me wrong I might manage that, but any club going up should expect really to have the battle it out.

John.

I won the FA Cup while in the championship and next the season(In premier league) the board wanted European success :D

It is a bit unrealistic :)

Well... I was in the FA Cup final just before promotion also, but got beat, so I was close...

Would good cup runs raise expectations ? I guess its possible.

John.

This get Funnier...

After finishing my First season in the premiership 10th.... Next season the board want me to battle against relegation :-)

So First season up they Want mid Table. after finishing Mid Table, they want to avoid Relegation... Slaps head... Doh....

John.

• SI Staff
This get Funnier...

After finishing my First season in the premiership 10th.... Next season the board want me to battle against relegation :-)

So First season up they Want mid Table. after finishing Mid Table, they want to avoid Relegation... Slaps head... Doh....

John.

Might depend on a lot of things - perhaps the board is expecting finances to be tighter next season (have you been over-budget at all?), perhaps they're anticipating some of your players being a little older and more past it .... dunno without access to the save game, personally I'd be happy you've a friendly board .... most clubs aren't so relaxed and forgiving ;)

I was well under Budget, I never go over budgets.

And once again got 1.3 Million transfer funds, but my cups runs were not as good, but I wouldnt expect this to make much difference.

Yeah ill be glad the board love me :-)

John.

P.S

Something I have seen this season, which I have seen on other teams ive played... is a message from the board saying they think I am wonderful etc etc and will listen to all requests.

When this happens The bonus content comes on under my preferences, with nothing selectable... Seems odd it highlights the Bonus menu now.. but nothing there. Maybe this is the way it works I dont know.

• SI Staff
Something I have seen this season, which I have seen on other teams ive played... is a message from the board saying they think I am wonderful etc etc and will listen to all requests.

This is an 'unlockable' in that your board will now accept one request from you in the future ....

(its not one which can be enabled at game startup though and so shouldn't have appeared in preferences, thats a buggette)

Archived