Ben Greenhalgh

Ahaha Vic, Very Funny.

But just you wait he'll never survive Inter Milan.

I haven't even seen this guy but I know he'll just be released within a year or two, it's just a good excuse for another TV show.

Probably yeah but this guy is good very good. Look at Carl Magnay who won football Icon he is still at chelsea and a northern Ireland U21 and without that show he would not even be a footballer. Plus i think this guy has more potential and he absolutley ripped apart the inter milan U18 and trained with the first team and fitted in very well and was comfortable.

Ahaha Vic, Very Funny.

But just you wait he'll never survive Inter Milan.

I haven't even seen this guy but I know he'll just be released within a year or two, it's just a good excuse for another TV show.

He played very well though. He seems to have lot of potential.

Did you see the part where he beat Veira?

I've come to understand that he won an english football casting show. But how come he will join an italian team? I guess it's his prize to join his favourite team but then again, how would Inter feel about this? Couldn't they have simply rejected him?

I've come to understand that he won an english football casting show. But how come he will join an italian team? I guess it's his prize to join his favourite team but then again, how would Inter feel about this? Couldn't they have simply rejected him?

It's a competition Inter ran, to find the next big footballing star. They promised the winner a contract with them at the beginning of the show.

He'll be released within a year or two.

IIRC the only regular first-teamers who went through their youth academy are Santon and Balotelli. so obviously the odds favor him getting released. not to mention clubs like Inter and Milan have huge youth systems. but that doesn't mean they're all bad...

He's already been released by Inter, the series was filmed during the summer and he only signed a 6 month deal. Connor Smith, the guy who came second, has recently signed for Watford though. Craig Walsh had trials with Man Utd, Celtic and Leeds before signing for Shamrock Rovers!

Think he only went over to Italy last month, was training over here with Watford inbetween then and the filming of the show

Well he is currently signed with Welling United in realily to the series must have been filemd months ago. Either that or he got released before the end of the 6 months.

Well he is currently signed with Welling United in realily to the series must have been filemd months ago. Either that or he got released before the end of the 6 months.

His 6 months didn't start straight away, was just an offer of a contract which he took up last month

Welling United would like to congratulate former Wings midfielder Ben Greenhalgh on winning Sky1 television show Football's Next Star. The young winger won a professional contract with Inter Milan after impressing the coaches of the Italian side. Ben made his first team debut for Welling United as a substitute in the Kent Senior Cup Final last year.

Thats what it said on the Welling United website apparently posted on February 15 2010 so obviously he's no been released.

Didn't watch the show myself so obviously can't judge his ability, but you have to wonder how far he'll go if last season he wasn't deemed good enough for a starting place in the Welling United side?

By all means, good luck to the fella and I hope he does well but it does seem like it'll be a step too far.

Surely they'd know if they had a potential Inter winger amongst their team? And you'd think if nothing else someone else would have signed him if he was that good, kind of like Smalling going to Fulham from Maidstone United (in the league below Welling).

Archived