Does anyone else use an editor for this ?

Ever since I first got into the CM/FM series with CM4 and now FM 2010, I have used the editor before the creation of a game, to add 10x each of 11 players with names of my own choosing. Such as myself, the wife, and favourite models/actresses/singers etc, and give them all a CA/PA of 1, wages of 0, and a dob that makes them all 19, and contract them all to the club who I intend to take control of.

Then any 'players' who I buy, I use the RTE to exactly duplicate all the information (attributes dob CA/PA etc) onto one of my 'created players', then kill the original player by setting his CA/PA to 1 and changing his dob to make him 50 years old and th4 unplayable by any other club after I free transfer him.

This way I get to see players who I like, scoring, making great tackles, keeping clean sheets etc,instead of names/players who I don't like. (Eg as a Liverpol fan, I can therefore buy Rooney and a lot of other players(who I don't like) but play them as people who I do like.

A pity that the RTE's I have seen never allow to chage a name once a game has been created (which would take all the fuss out of it).

Would it not be easier to just use the nickname feature and change the name that way?

I've never personally used a RTE for FM10 as i find more enjoyment without it but this seems like a lot of unnecessary effort to enjoy the game to me. This is just my opinion though.

Ever since I first got into the CM/FM series with CM4 and now FM 2010, I have used the editor before the creation of a game, to add 10x each of 11 players with names of my own choosing. Such as myself, the wife, and favourite models/actresses/singers etc, and give them all a CA/PA of 1, wages of 0, and a dob that makes them all 19, and contract them all to the club who I intend to take control of.

Then any 'players' who I buy, I use the RTE to exactly duplicate all the information (attributes dob CA/PA etc) onto one of my 'created players', then kill the original player by setting his CA/PA to 1 and changing his dob to make him 50 years old and therefore unplayable by any other club after I free transfer him.

This way I get to see players who I like, scoring, making great tackles, keeping clean sheets etc,instead of names/players who I don't like. (Eg as a Liverpool fan, I can therefore buy Rooney and a lot of other players(who I don't like) but play them as people who I do like.

A pity that the RTE's I have seen never allow to chage a name once a game has been created (which would take all the fuss out of it).

You could give them a nickname which would solve this problem I think.

Would it not be easier to just use the nickname feature and change the name that way?

I've never personally used a RTE for FM10 as i find more enjoyment without it but this seems like a lot of unnecessary effort to enjoy the game to me. This is just my opinion though.

Only ever played CM4 and FM 2010,CM4 never had a 'nickname' feature. Where do i find it i FM 2010 ?

You can.

Though why the OP doesn't just add his friends and family to his club before the game starts, I may never know.

LOL, I was only ever used to using the CM4 RTE where names can't be changed :mad:

Following your comment I have had a look at the FM 2010 RTE, and lo and behold I see I wasted a good few hours adding all those players etc b4 the game was created :D

Since I have now tried the name change option and it works :eek:

If I'm editing my home town club to have loads and loads of money I often add myself as a billionnaire sugar daddy chairman with 20 for patience, ambition, 1 for interference etc, then sign my fictional self on as manager. Those games never last long, but makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

can someone please help me?? i need to edit a players data on my fm10 but because i have a mac i cant edit a saved game.

can someone please download my saved game and change it with fmrte?? ill send a link to the file and give u all the information.

if ur interested in helping me pls send me an e-mail

thanks alot

imak1ng@hotmail.co.uk

good example of my computing catch phrase "there is always more than one way of doing something when it comes to computers"...

If the front door is locked try the back door, if the back door is barred find an open window... Im still taking about computers here btw!

good example of my computing catch phrase "there is always more than one way of doing something when it comes to computers"...

If the front door is locked try the back door, if the back door is barred find an open window... Im still taking about computers here btw!

I believe you have adapted the phrase "there's more than one way of skinning a cat". :D

Archived