BUG? Red Card Goalkeeper Handling Outside Box

Twice this season this has happened - and twice my keeper has been sent off.

He's catching the ball then stepping outside the box - which is only a Yellow Card Offence.

He's not the last player. And he's not preventing a goal opportunity (seen as he caught it in the box).

If the attacker is advancing on the keeper and the keeper runs out of his box and handles the ball then that is a sending off.

But this is ridiculous.

Video LINK

Now it's not a red card offense. I checked the FIFA Laws.

It's a yellow card offense. It's only a red card if it stops a goal scoring chance.

He's caught the ball in the box with no players near him. Then runs outside the box, momentum taking him outside.

Under FIFA Laws that is a yellow.

I remember Reina (I think) getting booked in a champs league game for alledgedly carrying the ball outside the box before he kicked it. Replays showed he was inside, but he was yellow carded.

That's when I suspected that the red card was OTT. The first time it happened I was like, ah damn it. Then it happened again, so I dug out the Law book :D

I remember Reina (I think) getting booked in a champs league game for alledgedly carrying the ball outside the box before he kicked it. Replays showed he was inside, but he was yellow carded.

That's when I suspected that the red card was OTT. The first time it happened I was like, ah damn it. Then it happened again, so I dug out the Law book :D

what's OTT?

If that happened to me I have have thrown the teddy out

ref set for stint in lower leagues...........he was wrong

of interest have you checked your keepers instructions are they set for him to rush out/free role or anything crazy

shouldnt happen once............but twice

must be a bug

I have never seen any goalkeeper ever punished for handling outside the box in any FM game I have played (since 05 I believe), so you must just be really unlucky with your goalkeepers.

Obviously the color of the card depends on the situation. Compare Lehmann in the CL final against Barcelona to, as someone else pointed out, the Reina incident.

I have never seen any goalkeeper ever punished for handling outside the box in any FM game I have played (since 05 I believe), so you must just be really unlucky with your goalkeepers.

Obviously the color of the card depends on the situation. Compare Lehmann in the CL final against Barcelona to, as someone else pointed out, the Reina incident.

Sorry, but it's happened to mine too (Glennon, Bradford) and both times he did not have a player within a country mile. So I would suspect it could be a bug - or the refs in FM are a better standard than IRL :)

No the keeper is set to a basic goalkeeping role. I didn't change anything

I play a 4 - 1 - 3 - 2 and the goalkeeper is set to defend. I didn't do anything to the way the goalkeeper behaves.

It's just twice that he's run outside the box with the ball still in his hands. Either Yellow card the guy or program the keeper to drop the ball when crossing the line - give it a probablity characteristic, so that maybe once in a blue moon they'll do this.

Archived