A few Questions

Hello all.

I'm new to the forum and have some questions for you guys. (FM2010)

Firstly, I notice that everyone seems to be able to complete seasons WAY more quickly than me. It takes me about 12 hours of continuous play to complete a season. How long does it take you guys? I notice that FManderson went from 2020 to 2040 in about 2 days! My PC isn't even too bad.

Secondly, I have also noticed you guys taking about a Regen's PA and CA. I was wondering how you can check this for a regen? I don't know a way.

Finally, I've just downloaded the 10.2 patch for the game, but im not sure how to attach/apply it to my game.

Any help appreciated.

Hello all.

Firstly, I notice that everyone seems to be able to complete seasons WAY more quickly than me. It takes me about 12 hours of continuous play to complete a season. How long does it take you guys? I notice that FManderson went from 2020 to 2040 in about 2 days! My PC isn't even too bad.

Secondly, I have also noticed you guys taking about a Regen's PA and CA. I was wondering how you can check this for a regen? I don't know a way.

Finally, I've just downloaded the 10.2 patch for the game, but im not sure how to attach/apply it to my game.

Any help appreciated.

Welcome to the forum pal, im also a newbie myself.

It normally takes me about a week to complete a whole season, sometimes it can be quicker if i spend more than a few hours a night on it. It depends how many active leagues you have etc.

And about the regens thing, i think the only way you can find out is by the data editor. Its the only place ive seen the PA and CA thing

Won't a good scout give you PA and CA, if i understand the abbreviations correctly. As far as i know the patches attach themselves once you run them, if you start a new game just choose the latest DB when you do.

I think some people must go on holiday a lot in games too, to get as far as they do so quickly.

Welcome both of you. :thup:

Ralphwiggum, you can check newgens CA/PA with FMRTE (Football Manager Real Time Editor). You can download it, just Google it. ;)

After downloading the patch, right click on it and then click Rename and add .exe after that double left click and you'll be able to instal it.

Hello all.

Any help appreciated.

1. Some race through season some don't. Personally I like to take my time and enjoy the experience. My current save started around Xmas and I'm currently in 2013 playing 2-3 times a week.

2. To find the actual numbers you need a something like genie scout or FMRTE that are third party applications. Many would consider viewing those numbers as cheating whilst playing a save. Within the game the scouts/coaches/AMs give their opinion in the form of stars.

3. Make sure you have the right patch - Digital download or boxed copy (Steam versions patches itself). Then you'll probably need to rename the file adding ".exe" onto the end. Finally just double click it and it will update your files.

Thanks Cougar. Hmm, maybe i need to consider whether i actually want the FMRTE.

I play every day, at least 4 hours. I dont just rush through though. But even if i did just continually click continue i think it would still take me about ten hours or more of non-stop play to get through a season.

If you just continue your game after you instaled the patch, all the changes will apply exept for database changes. Even though some fixes will apply when you get to a new season.

Yes, I forgot the mention about FMRTE what Cougar2010 said, so I also suggest not to use as it can broke your save game and it's cheating IMO. ;)

Anyway, I would advise you to play now just for fun and when the 3rd patch comes out (late Feb to early March), you should instal it and begin the new game.

There will be database update and there are going to be fixed all known bugs and issues. And then I think it will be the best football manager simulation ever.

Roll on Football Manager 10.3 :)

P.S. Let's hope it comes out in Feb. :)

Archived