Two of my players "forgot" some of their positions

I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen but I had two players:

- a 24-year old M R/C who was natural as a RM and accomplished as a CM. He has spent the last four seasons playing CM for me.

- a 22-year old D/DM/M R/L/C who was natural as a RB and accomplished in the others. He has spent the last three seasons playing CB for me.

Suddenly both players have seemingly forgotten how to play positions completely.

- the M R/C is now a M R with no other positions listed at all (not even orange/red - he's just forgotten them)

- the D/DM/M R/L/C is not a D/DM/M R and again has completely lost the other positions.

Has anyone else had anything similar and is this by design or just a bug?

I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen but I had two players:

- a 24-year old M R/C who was natural as a RM and accomplished as a CM. He has spent the last four seasons playing CM for me.

- a 22-year old D/DM/M R/L/C who was natural as a RB and accomplished in the others. He has spent the last three seasons playing CB for me.

Suddenly both players have seemingly forgotten how to play positions completely.

- the M R/C is now a M R with no other positions listed at all (not even orange/red - he's just forgotten them)

- the D/DM/M R/L/C is not a D/DM/M R and again has completely lost the other positions.

Has anyone else had anything similar and is this by design or just a bug?

Almost certainly there were being trained in the postions they have now lost at their old clubs. If you don't continue training them, players will lose new positions they have learned, even if they get to Natural in them.

It certainly should be like that.

Actually, not even. Once the players can play a position, they will never fully lose it again. Maybe they'd drop by one or two in the positional ability but that would come back very quickly after playing there again. Seriously, why would a player ever forget how to play in a certain position he's been familiar with?

On top of that it seems rather unfair if we buy players but then we're not alerted to how we have to train them so that they don't lose their positional abilities.

Archived